Sign in to follow this  
Purr

Will there ever be a dash 8 in msfs?

While Majestic bringing the Q400 to MSFS would be great, I'd rather have them - or someone else - develop the -100 series. Short flights, short runway operation into scenic airports in Norway would provide a different experience than operating the same routes that can be flown with already available aircraft. Many airports from the Wideroe Network are already available as pay- or freeware, and there is currently no airliner available that fits the 800 meter runways. And while the Q400 gets replaced by Embraers and C-Series jets irl, Wideroe is making a major effort to double the number of takeoff and landing cycles of its fleet because there is no better aircraft for this type of flying.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)

I thought Majestic was busy doing commercial work? I don't see it (Q400) coming in MSFS anytime soon certainly not MSFS 2020. I don't see any other developer competing with them in system depht when it comes to the Q400 either.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

The Dash-8 would fit really well into Justflight's current line-up, especially now that they have the UNS1 ready to go. They should definitely think about it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I would not buy a Q400. A Dash 8-300 variant on the other hand would be a definite buy.

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

I’d love to have all the variants, -100/200, -300 and -400. 😀

Loved the majestic one in P3D but we really need someone else to step up and develop these or we won’t see them until MSFS2028.

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I have lately been craving for a Dash 8-300. There are quite a few frames still flying in Australia, to interesting destinations with great scenery like Lord Howe Island. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

would fit really well into Justflight's current line-up, especially now that they have the UNS1 ready to go.

Well, the Dash 8 is more than just a FMS and there's the F70/F100, A300B4, 747 Classic that are already being worked on...

Though, yes. A JustFlight Dash 8 (any/all variants) would be very welcome and fit their 'legacy airliner' focus.

Hint hint @JustFlightScott @Martyn JF!!

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

15 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I'm sure MSFS2024 isn't helping things for developers either.

Based on feedback we've gotten from MS, there's no reason for that.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, thepilot said:

I have lately been craving for a Dash 8-300. There are quite a few frames still flying in Australia, to interesting destinations with great scenery like Lord Howe Island. 

Plenty operating in Africa too.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

7 hours ago, Tom_L said:

Short flights, short runway operation into scenic airports in Norway would provide a different experience than operating the same routes that can be flown with already available aircraft. Many airports from the Wideroe Network are already available as pay- or freeware, and there is currently no airliner available that fits the 800 meter runways. And while the Q400 gets replaced by Embraers and C-Series jets irl, Wideroe is making a major effort to double the number of takeoff and landing cycles of its fleet because there is no better aircraft for this type of flying.

I've tried to squeeze the 146 into some of the smaller airports in Norway, but it's been tight. Having a Q400 with a Wideroe livery would be awesome. There's quite a good Orbx addons for smaller airports e.g. ENSG and ENSD, but I don't mind flying into default airports either. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Is anyone doing a Saab 340 or 2000? I thought I might have heard something about this last year but can’t remember. That would be a nice alternative aircraft that could fit the mission.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

20 hours ago, Purr said:

After loving the majestic q400 in P3d and their stating they are looking into a port for msfs (a port after all these years? I’m doubtful we will ever see this), I am losing hope for a dash 8 in the sim. Actually a turboprop commuter would really be welcome like a Saab 2000 or Pmdg’s jet stream 31 or something bc like that. The ATR has always just seemed a bit weird in the way it flies and had lots of bugs. Are there any prospects of decent commuter turbines coming?

Missing indeed the Majestic and in P3D it was the only one I had a realistic landing behavior experience with...

André

37 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

There's quite a good Orbx addons for smaller airports e.g. ENSG and ENSD, but I don't mind flying into default airports either. 

You might want to try ENSR, ENHV and ENMS from flighsim.to, they could easily pass as payware. And let's not forget ENRA and ENLK, which came with the Nordics update. All those are not suitable for a Q400 though, currently I use the Kodiak or occasionally the CJ4 with light loading to go there.

• Like 1

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Tom_L said:

You might want to try ENSR, ENHV and ENMS from flighsim.to, they could easily pass as payware. And let's not forget ENRA and ENLK, which came with the Nordics update. All those are not suitable for a Q400 though, currently I use the Kodiak or occasionally the CJ4 with light loading to go there.

I'll check those out. Flown into ENRA several times in the 146. Not easy. 

Btw got ENSH by Orbx. Great starting point for perhaps the most scenic part of the country. Also - freeware ENBR is great. ENLK - I've sort of forgotten about - it's very close to ENSH (Lofoten). 

I've flown from ENHV many times in GA aircraft, but never thought of getting a freeware version. Very unique part of the country, nice flight over to ENTC Tromsø. I'll download these now, thanks!

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Posted (edited)

Majestic missed the mark with MSFS 2020. They failed to strike while the iron was hot.

Hopefully they grab their consumer base back with 2024...or whatever the next sim will be called.🤣

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2