Sign in to follow this  
pilotter

Majestic Software Q400 2024 Update

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had some of the best P3D aircraft there were, but nothing today could make me go back to flying that sim. It just looks horrible. 

Yeah, you are only about the eye candy! Functions are second place

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, micstatic said:

they may.  but I would think it would be VERY VERY tough to match the fidelity of the majestic q400.  One of the few planes we've had over the years where one can truly fly it by the numbers.  I always appreciated the challenge and complexity of this plane

2025 is a best case scenario, according to that Majestic writeup. We're probably looking at 2026. If a bigger developer with more resources like Just Flight decides to do the Q400, they could do it within 2 years.

Like I said before, all the most popular arlines have been either done, or the project is deep into development now, or a big developer has already announced they will do it (737, 747, 777, 757, 767, A320, A330, A340, A220, A350, A380, BAe 146, etc). The Q400 is a logical choice for a developer to pick because Majestic is a slow moving snail.

In the worst csss scenario for Majestic, they pull an FSLabs and let a competitor take their space in MSFS because they were too slow.

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

59 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Yeah, you are only about the eye candy! Functions are second place

Really? What functions ?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Really? What functions ?

Functions, I mean detailed aircraft, we don't have in MSFS2020. MSFS2020 is great looking, but I certainly wouldn't abandon P3D just because of that. I won't be and have not purchased any products for P3D in 2 years as clearly MSFS is the future.

Edited by YukonPete
  • Like 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

17 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

Functions, I mean detailed aircraft, we don't have in MSFS2020. MSFS2020 is great looking, but I certainly wouldn't abandon P3D just because of that. I won't be and have not purchased any products for P3D in 2 years as clearly MSFS is the future.

Are you trying to say there aren't detailed aircraft in MSFS2020?

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

23 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

So I gotta ask. Are you trolling? Or do you REALLY think that there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Just Flight decides to do the Q400, they could do it within 2 years.

You mean like the 747-200 or Airbus A300-B2 they’ve been developing?

8 minutes ago, Mike T said:

So I gotta ask. Are you trolling? Or do you REALLY think that there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020.

Where did he said that there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020? Why would you consider that trolling. 

if anything you are the one trying to  incite an argument. 😏

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Samaritano said:

You mean like the 747-200 or Airbus A300-B2 they’ve been developing?

Where did he said that there are no detailed aircraft in MSFS 2020? Why would you consider that trolling. 

if anything you are the one trying to  incite an argument. 😏

just read again, he said that one post above the response you've quoted 

• Upvote 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

50 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

So A2A Comanche, PMDG 737, Milviz C-310, Fenix A320 and others are not detailed enough for you?

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Oh boy here we go again, but I'm just here for the Q400 update.

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Oh boy here we go again, but I'm just here for the Q400 update.

Yep - The usual suspects with the usual trolling behavior. Mods might as well just shut it down now and save us all another dust bin fire set alight by the usual arsonists. 

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I had some of the best P3D aircraft there were, but nothing today could make me go back to flying that sim. It just looks horrible. 

Unfortunate but true. It looks mostly like an enhanced FSX. It had its time.

As for the Q400, i'd love to have it in MSFS, but (please don't shoot me) the ATR is a very good model and i'm flying it quite a lot lately. Not a real replacement, but it does the job and well done.

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

11 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

As for the Q400, i'd love to have it in MSFS, but (please don't shoot me) the ATR is a very good model and i'm flying it quite a lot lately. Not a real replacement, but it does the job and well done.

I have to shoot you for that 😋

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

21 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I bought the ATR precisely to have a replacement for the Dash 8.

Funnily enough, I've mastered the Q400 perfectly, but I'm very scared of the ATR 😆

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

I like it for now, watched a few videos in order to know the proper procedures on ground, engine start and climb/descent which were my main operation concerns. The experience as i said has been good.

• Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11