When would the server issue become apparent?  I just loaded the program and it checked for updates etc successfully.  Just wondering before I plan to do a flight if this means I'm good to go or does the issue appear once you're actually doing a flight?

Thanks,

Dave

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If you are past the update process then the servers are working. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I found a funny issue (already reported it on the discord), I was flying a Delta flight, once I landed and asked for a Gate, it thought my callsign was part of the gate assignment. This was with the menu selection, not using my voice.

f5v5Sd5.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Had my first flight with Beyond ATC on Saturday I consider it my IOE. My flight was from New Orleans to Denver. Knowing this is a beta I expect some issues to arise as they get things ironed out.

With everything fired up I pulled up the ATIS self-explanatory on this. My 1st issue was no clearance delivery it was telling me frequency unknown. I went over to Ground requested push and startup that went off with no issues. Ground handed me over to Tower again no real issues I would like to see ATC offer line up and wait maybe once AI as well (change it up) is injected into the program this will happen. Never less we departed RW 20 Tower handed us over to departure. Everything was smooth sailing I was handed off to Houston Center, followed by Ft Worth Center 6 times. A bit excessive one of the times the frequency was not available, so I had to go back to the previous Ft Worth Center.

This is where my issues began Ft Worth handed me off to KC center no issues with that, but KC Center never handed me off to Denver Center I was approx. 80 miles out of Denver FL 340. I closed the program re-started it and an update was needed (I loaded the program before I started my flight, and an update was needed as well). Once the update was finished and installed the program launched, I was greeted with Denver Center asking me to contact Denver Approach at this point I was approx. 35 miles out of Denver. I still had plenty of time I began the descent on the NIIXX3. All was going well until Approach vectored me after QWIKE I was at 11k around 230 IAS when approach vectored me for a visual to 16L but at this point my intercept fix would be KIKME @ 8k. ATC did not descend me during my left turn, so I was at 11k @ KIKME. I was already 1:30am so I continued and decided not to go missed tonight. We landed no further big issues Ground did not recognize Bravo 27, so I had to say B27.

I started my second flight last night this time from Denver to Las Vegas. This one went much smoother ATIS, Clearance Delivery, Ground, Tower, Departure, and Center. I did have a Denver Center frequency that was no available, so I went back to the previous frequency. I ended the flight approx. 350 miles out of Vegas.

I will do more testing this weekend coming up see if any new updates are made to the program and re-do my DEN-LAS flight and report back.

Edited by 01pewterz28

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

Currently in the piston Duke en route from Essendon to Canberra. I'm very impressed by BATC. Got radar vectored out of Melbourne, then cleared direct Albury VOR, as per my flight plan. Currently being vectored into Canberra, and I was told to except RNAV-W 17. Voice quality (basic) is excellent, with convincing Aussie accents. 

I hope that in the future it will be possible to choose another approach, as I didn't bring the TDS GTNXi on my current flight. Visual or VOR would have been fine. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

I'm getting a hit/miss rate of about 50%, last flight into GQNO was faultless in terms of BATC (although MS forgot to build the airport) used the transition to get me in.....

... previous flight in EKVG it didn't and decided to vector me, which very much didn't work due to terrain.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I hope that in the future it will be possible to choose another approach

This is the biggest thing missing right now. 

I did the same flight 3 times yesterday (KSJC/30L N0440F370 SPTNS1 VLREE DCT EBAYE DCT AVE DCT FIM J1 LAX COMIX2 KSAN/27). Two of the flights were with BATC and one with FSHUD. These are my observations:

Flight 1: BATC. This started interesting. Vatsim/Real world ATIS has SJC departures from 30L. Pilot Edge was 12L. BATC also gave me 12L. However, winds were 140 so absent any local noise issues, or the wind not being enough to flip the airport, BATC was correct. I ended up high on the FAF. I thought this was a BATC issue, but at the same time I was watching one of V1s streams so I realized I may have been distracted. I missed a speed constraint. BATC gets points for telling me to descent on the STAR.

Flight 2: FSHUD: Gave me 30L, but the taxi instructions had me cutting across a runway midway down it. The vectors were fine and I landed on the FAF at the appropriate height. I did have to cheat and go DIR to a waypoint on the approach, but I'd do that on Vatsim anyway. I did pay more attention to the speed constraints. I do like FSHUD tells me "expect the RNAVZ 27 approach"

Flight 3: BATC: Because I felt the first flights had too many issues created by me, I re-did the flight. This time it gave me 30L. The taxi instructions I felt were better as it had me crossover the runway at the end. I also like the switchover to tower has a lot of leeway and it flips me over before I get to the hold point.  As before, it told me to descent via the STAR, but told me to go visual for 27. I don't really fuss too much over that point.

I do like the interface for BATC.I like how it displays the information from ATC nicely at the bottom of the UI. Even the basic voices are very good.

FSHUD wins in a few ways though. I can configure the runways. BATC has gotten better about assigning runways, but I'd like to match Vatsim/Real world ATIS. It also knows the historical call signs like Cactus.

With BATC, they said the Runway fix is on the roadmap, but other bugs/issues are higher on the list. I do not think this is an imminent fix.

Edited by BrammyH

I would say my last flight was near perfect. At Essendon I was told to hold short of rwy 17 on the way to holding point rwy 26 (IIRC). One strange thing though - Canberra tower freq was not available. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

29 minutes ago, BrammyH said:

With BATC, they said the Runway fix is on the roadmap, but other bugs/issues are higher on the list. I do not think this is an imminent fix.

What exactly needs to be fixed? Runway assignment seems correct in your examples.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Runway assignment seems correct in your examples.

The ability to change runways/approaches. For example, I usually try and match Real/Vatsim. Instead of 12L I'd have preferred 30L for example.

Fix may not have been the correct word, but it's something the program needs.

Edited by BrammyH

1 minute ago, BrammyH said:

The ability to change runways/approaches. For example, I usually try and match Real/Vatsim. Instead of 12L I'd have preferred 30L for example.

Ah yes. Yeah everybody and their mom has been demanding that on DIscord by now, so they'll end up doing it rather sooner than later I suppose 😄

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

BAE 146

I am going to steal Captain Piett for just a second instead of opening a thread.

At night Do you know where the light switch is to see the top of the cockpit panel. where you enter your heading and Altitude.

No matter what lights I turn on, its always so dark I cant see want I am doing on the BAE 146

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

At night Do you know where the light switch is to see the top of the cockpit panel. where you enter your heading and Altitude.

No matter what lights I turn on, its always so dark I cant see want I am doing on the BAE 146

I've been wondering the same thing. I found one switch, top right of the overhead panel, which could work: 

cSrD6P5.jpeg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

Was just given my first intersection take off at EGLL (N8 for 09R) - nice to see this being implemented! Not sure if this is a new feature but haven't had this before in over a dozen or so flights.

That's not new, I got that last week maybe earlier. It just chooses the taxiway it thinks is closest to the end of the runway.