4 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

my problem was caused by SimBrief in the end.

What problem did you have with SimBrief?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

What problem did you have with SimBrief?

SimBrief's API was generating a truncated flight-plan that could not be properly read by BATC. One of the Devs debugged the issue with me and we confirmed the problem after a new SB account was created. Now, after logging in/out and clearing cookies, my old account is working as well.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

SimBrief's API was generating a truncated flight-plan that could not be properly read by BATC. One of the Devs debugged the issue with me and we confirmed the problem after a new SB account was created. Now, after logging in/out and clearing cookies, my old account is working as well.

Thanks for the information!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rocky_53 said:

Don't forget VoxATC is on the horizon guys. :wink:

Really? I use to use that program I think in the fs2004 days. Crazy it’s still around. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Sure, my question marks were related to the release of the program wihtout this function rather than not understanding the statement :smile: I do find it rather odd, and don't quite understand it to be honest. To me, early access is effectively a BETA release, it has to be, surely, as it's an incomplete product that does not function correctly, so I find it difficult to accept that I have to pay for that 'privilege.'

The devs asked the community if they should release in early access now, or wait until the AI injector was ready. The majority voted for without the injector 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ailchim said:

BeyondATC (which I probably will buy at some point) will be overtaken by MSFS 2024. 

I can tell you right now Microsoft will never release a comprehensive ATC solution that will be spot on with real world procedures, so you can stop wondering right now, lol. They struggled to fix the simple stuff in ATC for four straight years for crying out loud.

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

23 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Really? I use to use that program I think in the fs2004 days. Crazy it’s still around. 

And it seems, it is always almost  ready to release. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

6 hours ago, techman said:

This "Install as admin" or "run as admin" is not working for me. I think we should give the dev some time to harden his piece of sh.. erm.. software. 

5 hours ago, Orphee01 said:

Early access? They hurry up because Sayintention AI is growing up?!

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Obviously they needed some cashflow. Hopefully this move of releasing an "early EA" gives them enough money to keep them going until this is a complete ATC-addon.

Personally I'm not interested as long as BATC does not control AI traffic.

Sure, my question marks were related to the release of the program wihtout this function rather than not understanding the statement :smile: I do find it rather odd, and don't quite understand it to be honest. To me, early access is effectively a BETA release, it has to be, surely, as it's an incomplete product that does not function correctly, so I find it difficult to accept that I have to pay for that 'privilege.'

You guys must have all missed the part where the dev put it to a vote and the majority asked them to release early. Several of us said yes, release early but just be prepared for the dogpile of people outraged that you released early, and don't be surprised if some of the people who voted for you to release early to be angry at you for releasing early.

I'm glad I'm not a dev. You just can't win these days.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I can tell you right now Microsoft will never release a comprehensive ATC solution that will be spot on with real world procedures, so you can stop wondering right now, lol. They struggled to fix the simple stuff in ATC for four straight years for crying out loud.

To be fair, I think some of the ATC code was legacy code from FSX?  If they have a much more advanced ATC system in MSFS 2024, they probably threw out the old FSX ATC code and started from scratch.

As a software developer, it's not easy to follow and change code written by somebody else. It's like you have to pick up after the mess they left. So I can imagine the Asobo developers struggling with the legacy FSX code for ATC.

1 minute ago, eslader said:

Several of us said yes, release early but just be prepared for the dogpile of people outraged that you released early, and don't be surprised if some of the people who voted for you to release early to be angry at you for releasing early.

The funny thing is that right now not many people seem to be angry. On the contrary, a lot of people on Discord say how good and great BATC is... and then say 'only this or that didn't work'... Like not being vectored or wrong descent commands or losing contact... I really wonder if they'll say BATC is still good in a week or so. Most people don't want to get angry right after a purchase: it'll take some time before they get upset. ;)

I recognize every posted problem from the beta... Curious to see if they can suddenly and magically solve those bugs within a few days now BATC is EA.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Oh, that's the fix? You have to install it with admin privileges, and not just run it with admin privileges?  Good to know.

You can also edit the shortcut to run the app in admin mode.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

To be fair, I think some of the ATC code was legacy code from FSX?  If they have a much more advanced ATC system in MSFS 2024, they probably threw out the old FSX ATC code and started from scratch.

As a software developer, it's not easy to follow and change code written by somebody else. It's like you have to pick up after the mess they left. So I can imagine the Asobo developers struggling with the legacy FSX code for ATC.

I don't disagree with anything you wrote, still doesn't change the fact that I think they will not deliver a comprehensive solution and will leave this to third parties. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Noel said:

You can also edit the shortcut to run the app in admin mode.

Oh, there is a difference though. If you run an app in non-admin mode for installation, it means that during the installation, the app may fail to install certain things (ie. dlls, libraries, and registry edits) because it didn't have full administration rights in Windows.  If there is something that was not installed or changed in Windows because the app didn't have full admin rights during installation, technically, you have a corrupted app installation and you may run into problems running the application (because the application was corrupted from the installation).

Usually, once a shortcut has appeared on the desktop in Windows, the application has already gone through the installation phase. So if the application is corrupted at that point, it's too late. You need to uninstall the app, and reinstall it again with admin rights. When techman said you needed full admin rights when you install the BeyondATC app, this is suggesting that BeyondATC isn't installing something or isn't making some registry change during installation, because it didn't have full admin rights. 

But then again, everything is a little confusing because I am seeing different reports from different people, so I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. Maybe the devs will figure out the exact problem, when they wake up and have a chance to look into the issues.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm going to sit this one out until a few weeks pass. I was against releasing it early and told these guys in the survey to not release a half-baked product. I know this will be a success for them, but I have a feeling this was driven by the release of SI and potential loss of market share.  

Edited by Drumcode
  • Like 1

Jacek G.

19 minutes ago, tup61 said:

...Curious to see if they can suddenly and magically solve those bugs within a few days now BATC is EA.

Those of us whom have purchased BATC in Beta are probably not expecting miracles to happen within a few days, but given time this could become very good for a $30 investment. I personally purchased it to support the Dev in their future endeavours with BATC.

It's off to a fine start for an EA in my opinion.

• Like 1

System: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @ 4.2GHz, 2x16GB DDR4 2600MHz CL18 RAM, EVGA RTX 3090 FTW, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 1TB, Samsung 840 Pro SSD 512GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Windows 11 Pro 64bit, Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog.