4 minutes ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Just buy the bundle. It’s already at a steep discount compared to buying both separately. Having both variants is really fun. Two different airplanes but the same airplane at the same time. It’s worth it. I thought I wouldn’t fly the piston at all. Turns out that’s all I’ve been flying. 

Yeah, but if you didn't initially buy the bundle, I mean. If you a few weeks down the line decide you want to try the other version but opted out of the bundle initially, would be nice with a discount.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

8 hours ago, pete_auau said:

using  steam version  or  msfs  version

I'm using the MSFS version d/l from Just Flight

Tom 

12 hours ago, Orlaam said:

There isn't any profile data in there.  The weights and everything you need are blank.  You'd have to enter all the data yourself.

I see. That’s too bad. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

For some reason I can't get near performance figure. You can see fuel flow suppose to be 28 gph but I get 35.8 gph. ISA deviation -10 degrees. Not sure if this is correct or not

image.png?ex=6640e2d5&is=663f9155&hm=f1d

image.png?ex=6640e2ee&is=663f916e&hm=eb2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

13 hours ago, TangoSierraMike said:

Has anyone experienced issues installing either/both of the Duke to their community folder? I keep getting an error saying that the installer can't find the folder in the community folder - even though it has created the folders their? JustFlightScott have you seen this?

I had the same issue with both dukes as well. I opened a ticket with Just Flight and they sent me instructions on how to install to a different directory.

Bring up the command prompt through the windows console. drag and drop the duke installer to the command prompt. Add a space, then add the word "browse" without the quotation marks, and hit enter. It will run the installer. A box will come up that will allow you to install it to the folder of your choice. After it installs, copy and paste the aircraft to your community folder. I did this, and it worked like a charm.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

For some reason I can't get near performance figure. You can see fuel flow suppose to be 28 gph but I get 35.8 gph. ISA deviation -10 degrees. Not sure if this is correct or not

I'm seeing this too. The ISA deviation might explain a small part of it, but not a difference this big.

Can I ask though what TAS you were getting? I found that if I set power by reference to fuel flow (resulting in a significantly lower torque), I would get a TAS close to the book numbers.

There does seem to be a disagreement between the book numbers and the flight model though. 

16 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

I'm seeing this too. The ISA deviation might explain a small part of it, but not a difference this big.

Can I ask though what TAS you were getting? I found that if I set power by reference to fuel flow (resulting in a significantly lower torque), I would get a TAS close to the book numbers.

There does seem to be a disagreement between the book numbers and the flight model though. 

TAS about 240ish +/-3

Also I have noticed in Turbine Duke (I haven't tried other version) If you top off both tanks, right tank has little less gallons. I can't find anything in manual about it

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

TAS about 240ish +/-3

Hm, so that's actually also less than you should be getting... for a substantially higher fuel burn. Something seems off here. 

How do these planes handle time acceleration (at least up to 4x)?  A lot of complicated add-ons tend to struggle with it.  Just wondering how the Duke(s) handle it? 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

19 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Also I have noticed in Turbine Duke (I haven't tried other version) If you top off both tanks, right tank has little less gallons. I can't find anything in manual about it

This was from the Justflight forums.  However it seems to suggest the right has more capacity than the left.

From the manual: "In Turbine Duke has approximately 34 gallons of
additional fuel compared to the Piston Duke Grand Duke upgrade kit. The left tank has a
capacity of 135.9 gal with 130.0 usable, and the right tank has a capacity of 138.4 gal with 132.5
gal usable."

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

40 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

How do these planes handle time acceleration (at least up to 4x)?  A lot of complicated add-ons tend to struggle with it.  Just wondering how the Duke(s) handle it? 

They can handle it pretty well until 4x. After that, it gets shaky. 

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

5 hours ago, martinboehme said:

This. You need to install the GNS 430/530 from the Marketplace. If it's not working for you @Nemo, that'd be the first thing I'd look at. 

I have to entries of WT GNS430/530 in the Content Manager. Both were installed. I even uninstalled one (the other cannot be uninstalled). I tried both possibilities, also reinstalled the BS Duke (Piston) twice including the SU15beta confirmation. Nothing works, no GNS 430/530 for my aircraft. Don't know what else I could try.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kerosene31 said:

Off topic but there is a great time acceleration app that installs as an icon in the overhead handlebar of MSFS. For example one feature is you can lock in any maximum sim rate allowed. And then it becomes impossible for the sim to go above it.

https://flightsim.to/file/45543/sim-rate-selector

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

For those that mentioned they are stuck in heading mode or can’t get the autopilot to work, be sure the pitch trim switch is in the correct position. Had the same issue and realized that was switched off when it should have been on.

Turbine a dream to fly and wow does she climb nicely. Gotta watch over speed on descent. Only bug I ran into is if you raise you seat height by pressing the space bar half of your viewpoint will be outside the airframe.

Very easy to land IMHO land between 80-85 knots). She does feel the wind though. 

My biggest problem with the plane is the cockpit view is bad. Tiny and narrow front window and engines block the views.  But otherwise a great plane. Will it replace my 414, King Air 350 or even the DA 42? Not sure but promising for sure. 

• Upvote 1