11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Same here... TDS GTN... Works just fine, and yes, the ATT mode takes a bit of getting used to.. 😉

Bert, interested to know if you load a Turbine Duke with the PMS GPS as the one already chosen in your EFB, & then fly it, whether the aircraft follows the PMS flight plan?

All my Turbine Duke liveries currently load with TDS as the 'default' GPS in the EFB.

When I change [ "hot swap"?], to the PMS via the EFB, the GPS screen then has green txt at the bottom of the PMS screen switching rapidly between the text,  ENR & TERM.

Also the Magenta Line twitches, which, I know from previous flights means the aircraft is not going to follow an NAV magenta line.

Any way to get the PMS set up as the default GPS for when you load the aircraft? If I can get that in place then I can test the PMS.

T45

4 hours ago, peregrine said:

Has anyone else found the piston (not grand) Duke to be a bit slow. I can only manage to get to about 160 kts IAS.

I'm setting the MP and RPM according to the checklists and I'm leaning to peak EGT.

I've only done a couple of flights and not read the manual in detail (I have watched a few videos, though) so it could be user error. 

Thanks

At what altitude was that?
I am cruising at FL80 at 163 kts IAS (186 kts TAS)
The speeds in the manual are in TAS and with 185 I am between economy and normal cruise.

With maximum throttle it in that configuration I can just manage to get 215 kts.
But on higher altitudes it may different.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

1 hour ago, Treetops45 said:

Bert, interested to know if you load a Turbine Duke with the PMS GPS as the one already chosen in your EFB, & then fly it, whether the aircraft follows the PMS flight plan?

All my Turbine Duke liveries currently load with TDS as the 'default' GPS in the EFB.

When I change [ "hot swap"?], to the PMS via the EFB, the GPS screen then has green txt at the bottom of the PMS screen switching rapidly between the text,  ENR & TERM.

Also the Magenta Line twitches, which, I know from previous flights means the aircraft is not going to follow an NAV magenta line.

Any way to get the PMS set up as the default GPS for when you load the aircraft? If I can get that in place then I can test the PMS.

T45

That sounds like it's an issue with the WT GNS units conflicting. Are you on SU14 or SU15? It's an issue that's been patched in the SU15 beta but which you still need to manually patch (per BKSQ's instructions) if you're using SU14, or select the installation option that disables those GNS units. Did you select that option when installing?

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

That sounds like it's an issue with the WT GNS units conflicting. Are you on SU14 or SU15? It's an issue that's been patched in the SU15 beta but which you still need to manually patch (per BKSQ's instructions) if you're using SU14, or select the installation option that disables those GNS units. Did you select that option when installing?

On SU14 & not sure if I disabled the GNS units, so will look for the instructions.

Thank you

T45

Edited by Treetops45

6 hours ago, peregrine said:

Has anyone else found the piston (not grand) Duke to be a bit slow. I can only manage to get to about 160 kts IAS.

I'm setting the MP and RPM according to the checklists and I'm leaning to peak EGT.

I've only done a couple of flights and not read the manual in detail (I have watched a few videos, though) so it could be user error. 

Thanks

Make sure you are calibrating your airspeed indicator for TAS as those are the speeds referred to in the manual, not IAS.  To calibrate TAS, you can use your pressure altitude which you find displayed on the garmin transponder and then move the airspeed indicator dial to align pressure altitude with OAT.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

4 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

T45

Sorry, I have only the Piston and the TDS... so no help!

Bert

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BennetHill said:

The code might not affect other GPS units directly, but when the SU14 GNS is started alongside other GPS's, like PMS or TDS GTN, there is a conflict that makes the autopilot unusable.

This is due to the hot-swap. Each unit is initializing the autopilot slightly differently (but correctly for the intended sim API), and the timing issues related to this hacked feature can cause an issue with this, in any of the units, to cause the sim AP to become stuck in any other unit (as there is only one sim AP, which they all have to try to share with this hack). If the hot swapping was not present, this problem would never occur, as the sim actually doesn't really provide for what is being done.

In other words, the GNS when stuck together in this particular scenario may indeed surface this problem in SU14, but that's really a symptom of the fact that it's unsupported overall, and the interactions between everything are entirely undefined. Changing the order of the hot-swap code on the aircraft end could cause a totally different unit to be the one that surfaces the problem.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2

Regarding my trim issue I figured it out, mostly. Yoke button single click trim is precise and makes small changes. Holding the button down makes the trim wheel spin fast as if the repeat rate was set at 10 (at least) clicks per second. Once I realised this I could make use smaller 'burst' trim alterations. Wish there was some way I could turn the repeat rate down to about 5 clicks a second so I could just hold the button down until it was dialled in.

People asking about AP pitch change (descents/climbs). Yes without IAS option this is indeed fiddly without a hardware IN-SIM default assignment available for the console switch. I tried pitch authority up and down but that must have been for another variable. The manual states NOTE: A hidden clickspot on the right of the altitude selector can be used to adjust the attitude holding pitch in lieu of using the pitch knob on the autopilot control panel.. I haven't mastered that yet but I will figure it out. I wouldn't mind an actual small pitch dial placed up there even if it wasn't realistic. With no V/S or IAS Ap modes controlling climbs and descents quickly and accurately is only issue I have with the plane now. Still using factory B60 until I have it under complete control!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Yoke button single click trim is precise and makes small changes. Holding the button down makes the trim wheel spin fast as if the repeat rate was set at 10 (at least) clicks per second. Once I realised this I could make use smaller 'burst' trim alterations. Wish there was some way I could turn the repeat rate down to about 5 clicks a second so I could just hold the button down until it was dialled in.

I struggle with trim in all aircraft and haven’t found a good solution yet. Been using the hat switch mostly, but it’s not ideal. The aircraft (only flown the Grand Duke so far) seem to require a LOT of nose down trim as she accelerates to max speed. I usually end up trimming either too much, or not enough (holding the hat switch).

Attitude hold and climb/descent is not too bad using the mouse scroll wheel to interact with the knob on the AP panel.

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

As noted by sloppysmusic and found in the Dukes manual THIS is the best way to manage trim. Give it a try, I think you will grow to appreciate it.

-B

NOTE: A hidden clickspot on the right of the altitude selector can be used to adjust the attitude holding pitch in lieu of using the pitch knob on the autopilot control panel.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I struggle with trim in all aircraft and haven’t found a good solution yet. Been using the hat switch mostly, but it’s not ideal. The aircraft (only flown the Grand Duke so far) seem to require a LOT of nose down trim as she accelerates to max speed. I usually end up trimming either too much, or not enough (holding the hat switch).

Attitude hold and climb/descent is not too bad using the mouse scroll wheel to interact with the knob on the AP panel.

I prefer a single button up or down. Hold it down for major changes and single clicks for finer adjustments.

This has worked well for me. Cant even imagine being able to control it with a hat switch.

Edited by Ron Lefebvre

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

40 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

using the mouse scroll wheel to interact with the knob on the AP panel.

Hey Cap'n! is that the 'invisible' knob on the forward glareshield area hinted at  in the manual or the pedestal? or the visible rocker on pedestal?

Just clarifying as it would really help a lot of us out! There is no screenshot in the manual so we are all guessing how it works and where it is exactly.

I've been using mouse clicks on the pedestal (horrid and cant see where ac is pitching!). 

If you DO mean what the manual is saying then a small rewrite would help ..

a mouse wheel is typically a FOCUS ZONE not CLICK SPOT. You move over the ZONE and mouse wheel movement is detected and actioned.

"A hidden clickspot on the right of the altitude selector can be used (interacted with by mouse wheel) to adjust the attitude holding pitch in lieu of using the pitch knob on the autopilot control panel."

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

9 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Just to rule something out is this for all flights? It's not a rocket but it will settle into a speedy cruise once leveled off and power /prop and importantly mixture is adjusted. Also definitely no flap still down? I once flew a 2 hour flight in the 736 pmdg with flaps 1 as my deteriorating eyes missed the flap dial. It was small enough to not think something was drastically wrong but enough to make me check everything else in the plane first. 

Msfs mixture is not the most accurate from what I've heard. The sweet spot is not always where it should be and it's not a smooth transition either. 

Flaps are up and it happens the 3 or 4 times I've flown it.

7 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

At what altitude was that?
I am cruising at FL80 at 163 kts IAS (186 kts TAS)
The speeds in the manual are in TAS and with 185 I am between economy and normal cruise.

With maximum throttle it in that configuration I can just manage to get 215 kts.
But on higher altitudes it may different.

It's at 20-25000 feet. It climbs slowly as well, though. Usually about 110 Kts at 1000 fpm. I was under the impression from all the posts I'm reading that it should perform better.