Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Sim Update 15 Beta (1.37.18.0) 14 May 2024

Posted (edited)

RELEASE NOTES 1.37.18.0

If you are playing on PC, outdated packages in your community folder may have an unexpected impact on the title’s performance and behavior.
If you suffer from stability issues or long loading times, move your community package(s) to another folder before relaunching the title.
How to install a new update safely 28

1.37.18.0 is expected to be the final SU15 build (barring discovery of unexpected/new issues).

General Bug Fixes

[Xbox] Removed March 2024 GDK and returned to previous version

Unfortunately, we were unable to fix the Xbox stuttering/freezing issues first discovered in 1.37.15.0. The Xbox stuttering/freezing issues are linked to the March 2024 GDK (introduced in 1.37.15.0), and as a temporary solution, we are removing the March 2024 GDK from SU15 and returning to the previous GDK.

For SU15, this means overall stability/performance should be similar to the 1.37.13.0 build (before the March 2024 GDK was introduced). Based on telemetry and previous feedback from the community (even without the March 2024 GDK) SU15 still represents a noticeable improvement in stability/performance over the current release build (1.36.2.0 / 1.36.3.0) for all platforms.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sim-update-15-beta-1-37-18-0-may-14th-2024/641624

Edited by btacon
  • Like 5

Hi,

Is that the last beta?

Are we expecting the final SU15 any soon?

Best regards.

It says exactly that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Seems to have given back the performance robbed by the last build, at my end. Maybe with a tiny dividend.

• Like 2

I can confirm, good performance even at LFPG. It seems we are there eventually...

• Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

24 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

I can confirm, good performance even at LFPG. It seems we are there eventually...

Im aware it’s off topic, what scenery you using for lfpg

14ppkc-6.png

Strange how they seem to imply it is only down to stuttering on the Xbox, as some PC users are also reporting it. 

General Bug Fixes

[Xbox] Removed March 2024 GDK and returned to previous version

Anyway, it seems like a step in the right direction and towards release of SU15, which will be next Tuesday / Wednesday I think if there are no more show stoppers.

Of course, this may technically affect some aircraft awaiting release due to delay of SU15 - if they now have to change their code back to match the old GDK.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

DLSS anti-aliasing is much blurrier. Worse than before. Switched to TAA to avoid the headaches.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

What is a GDK?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Posted (edited)

Game Development Kit. Libraries and stuff really...

Edited by Nuno Pinto
  • Like 1

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

45 minutes ago, regis9 said:

What is a GDK?

Game Development Kit.

Eric 

Posted (edited)

did anyone notice cloud degradation or artifacts. maybe it's Frame Gen, but some clouds look really ugly. Double checked but clouds are on Ultra. Very pixelated and other crazy happenings.

videocard is not overclocked, no Active sky, AutoFps in use but clouds unchecked and confirmed in options menu are on Ultra.

Edited by pilotter
  • Like 1

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

I swear Asobo could release a patch that says, removed bold font from settings menu option and the thread will without hesitation include… Did anyone notice a reduction in cloud quality? DLSS seems worse! Noticing new stutters on final at <insert ICAO>.

Followed by four pages of people not seeing it, another two pages of bickering over how to be happy and another four pages of people making statements about how their opinion matters. 

Anyway, update seems the same to me. No noticeable changes on PC for me. 

• Like 32

33 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I swear Asobo could release a patch that says, removed bold font from settings menu option and the thread will without hesitation include… Did anyone notice a reduction in cloud quality? DLSS seems worse! Noticing new stutters on final at <insert ICAO>.

Followed by four pages of people not seeing it, another two pages of bickering over how to be happy and another four pages of people making statements about how their opinion matters. 

Anyway, update seems the same to me. No noticeable changes on PC for me. 

Fantastic summary 😂

• Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder