Sign in to follow this  
Bunchy

Fenix issue with new beta .18

I seeing ND and PFD display freezing and uncommanded game pausing with this new beta in the fenix.

Anyone else seeing the same.

Two flights attempted and both failed with above issues on climb out. 

Sim remains active and I can close out normally, so it's not a CTD.

I will try the PMDG 737 and some default aircraft in the mean time.

It seems the last couple of beta's haven't been very successful.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I flew with the Fenix last night and didn’t see the issue 

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

56 minutes ago, Bunchy said:

I seeing ND and PFD display freezing and uncommanded game pausing with this new beta in the fenix.

Stu

Just finished a flight, no problems at all.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Yep, may be I was a bit early in my suspicions of beta .18.

Just returned to 1.36.20 and the problem is still there.

I did a windows update today as well, so that's a possibility. Win 11 23H2 

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Stu

Your not using that Looseless Scaling for MSFS app are you ?

it makes my ms2020 freeze up using the fenix

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

No, no such add on.

Don't see any complaints on the Fenix Discord page regarding this issue. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

I have noticed this in the past couple of weeks but I assumed it’s an issue with MSFS rather than Fenix specifically.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Stu

Had this issue with the 737 in last couple of days. Once intercepting the glide slope nothing moved at all but could still fly the aircraft and happened another time can't remember where. Not on any beta.

Edited by carlanthony24

Posted (edited)

I managed to complete my flight after three attempts in the fenix back with beta .18.

It looks like there is an issue after departing EGPH RW 06 on the Gosam 1D departure. 

EGPH/06 GOSA1D GOSAM P600 FENIK L612 ELBUS UL612 HON DCT XAMAB UL612 RESMI UM728 KETEX DCT KOTIS DCT KUKOR DCT UTUVA DCT LERGA DCT LIQID UY30 LATAM UY22 NISAR NISA7T LFMN/04L

After gosam P600 to fenik and then lusiv on L612. It should turn left after fenik to lusiv but it turns right and goes haywire with the ND and PFD freezing. The plan looks correct in MCDU.

If I go direct to lusiv after gosam, no such issue and this allowed me to complete flight to LFMN without further issue.

Maybe someone could try it. I'm on latest navigraph data cycle 2404

Stu

Edited by Bunchy

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

I managed to complete my flight after three attempts in the fenix back with beta .18.

It looks like there is an issue after departing EGPH RW 06 on the Gosam 1D departure. 

EGPH/06 GOSA1D GOSAM P600 FENIK L612 ELBUS UL612 HON DCT XAMAB UL612 RESMI UM728 KETEX DCT KOTIS DCT KUKOR DCT UTUVA DCT LERGA DCT LIQID UY30 LATAM UY22 NISAR NISA7T LFMN/04L

After gosam P600 to fenik and then lusiv on L612. It should turn left after fenik to lusiv but it turns right and goes haywire with the ND and PFD freezing. The plan looks correct in MCDU.

If I go direct to lusiv after gosam, no such issue and this allowed me to complete flight to LFMN without further issue.

Maybe someone could try it. I'm on latest navigraph data cycle 2404

Stu

This gosam fenik has always caused the Fenix issues. I fly to/from Edinburgh a lot and always have to be ready to go into heading mode at this point.

Likewise the Fenix can’t do the transition to the ILS 24. The intercept fix always causes it issues and you need to remove that from the flight plan.

People seem to laud the Fenix above everything but it’s far from perfect in many areas.

After the last update, you need so much speed brakes basically every flight once under 10000ft as it just can’t maintain 250 kts on the descent profile. And as for it slowing for constraints or at the decel point down to a speed for the glide, no chance. Either the calculations of the vnav are wrong or the aircraft is just too slippery.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, abennett said:

Either the calculations of the vnav are wrong or the aircraft is just too slippery.

Somewhat slippery at low altitudes, yet strangely enough a bit too draggy at high altitudes. Vnav on descent needs some polishing.

To their credit they had gone a long way in improving on what was a bad model at the start. Many of the important parameters are quite accurate now but there is certainly room for improvement for the descent and flare.

Edited by ha5mvo
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, abennett said:

This gosam fenik has always caused the Fenix issues. I fly to/from Edinburgh a lot and always have to be ready to go into heading mode at this point.

Likewise the Fenix can’t do the transition to the ILS 24. The intercept fix always causes it issues and you need to remove that from the flight plan.

People seem to laud the Fenix above everything but it’s far from perfect in many areas.

After the last update, you need so much speed brakes basically every flight once under 10000ft as it just can’t maintain 250 kts on the descent profile. And as for it slowing for constraints or at the decel point down to a speed for the glide, no chance. Either the calculations of the vnav are wrong or the aircraft is just too slippery.

I think I have found the problem, but not the cause.

My flightplan altitude was FL350. On climb out following gosam1d, I was in managed mode for altitude. Once passing the 6000ft restraint at D30.0GOW, I changed mode to open climb.

Now, since day one I have activated 'pause at TOD' within the mcdu as soon as I'm ready to taxi. 

On this particular route, that is having strange consequences. It's round about waypoints Fenik or Lusiv, I pass FL200 and the sim is pausing, hence the ND and PFD freezing. I didn't realise at the time but this was being caused by the pause at TOD. 

I was unpausing the sim via a shortcut key but not via the mcdu, hence losing control of the aircraft, and its whacky behaviour.

Why was it pausing at FL200? I was still in the climb and the flightplan was plenty long enough in track miles to have a very big gap between top of climb and top of descent, so something is off with the VNAV calcs in this instance.

The obvious work around is not activate the TOD feature in mcdu before TOC, but I have never seen this behaviour before though all iterations of the Fenix.