Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Full Terrain eXperience (FTX) released tonight!

Folks,Just letting all interested people know that Full Terrain Experience or FTX is being released at around 10Pm AEST (in Australia) or around 7:00 Am for the USA East Coast 05 March. Their forum indicates that the relevant file/s are being uploaded to the mirror servers right now (http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=1166.0;topicseen)!They refer to this program as a revolution and their screenshots are outstanding (go to http://fullterrain.com/gallery.html). Viva La Revolution. Cannot wait to download this one for FSX!Paul

Hi Paul,I wish FTX a lot of success. But to be honnest I am a bit dubious about this product when I see the screeenshots you qualify as outstanding.Is FTX not supposed to be a TERRAIN enhancer?Most of the screenshots and videos (beautiful ones BTW) show nice skies, beautiful sunsets, view of an airliner cockpit, calm sea and very dark night pics ... and almost nothing about terrain textures.I don't understand where exactly is the "Revolution" they speak about.But I may be wrong and I look forward to reading user's feedback.To say the least I wish their product is as good as their marketing strategy.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest Jimbofly

Fantastic!!! I'll definitely be downloading it tonight!Thanks for the heads up :DJames

>Hi Paul,>I wish FTX a lot of success. >But to be honnest I am a bit dubious about this product when I>see the screeenshots you qualify as outstanding.>Is FTX not supposed to be a TERRAIN enhancer?>Most of the screenshots and videos (beautiful ones BTW) show>nice skies, beautiful sunsets, view of an airliner cockpit,>calm sea and very dark night pics ... and almost nothing about>terrain textures.>I don't understand where exactly is the "Revolution" they>speak about.>But I may be wrong and I look forward to reading user's>feedback.>To say the least I wish their product is as good as their>marketing strategy.>You seem a bit negative?Have a look at the their screenshot forum. Ignore the sky and cockpit, just look at the ground. :)

Matthew S

>Hi Paul,>I wish FTX a lot of success. >But to be honnest I am a bit dubious about this product when I>see the screeenshots you qualify as outstanding.>Is FTX not supposed to be a TERRAIN enhancer?>Most of the screenshots and videos (beautiful ones BTW) show>nice skies, beautiful sunsets, view of an airliner cockpit,>calm sea and very dark night pics ... and almost nothing about>terrain textures.>I don't understand where exactly is the "Revolution" they>speak about.>But I may be wrong and I look forward to reading user's>feedback.>To say the least I wish their product is as good as their>marketing strategy.>Crykey mate, have another look at the full FTX gallery. I know they use FEX for the environment shots but it is actually the terrain I am most interested in (I use FEX and it is fantastic too). The terrain shots are phenomenal. I live in Australia and believe me, this FTX makes the terrain look just exactly how the Australian terrain really is!Paul

Much better indeed!!Thanks Heiko :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

>what no Brisbane pics??>>>:-bang Very soon. That's part of FTX AU GOLD - the next release :-)Heiko

I also think you didn't see the terrain screenshots. They are amazing. I believe this will be a great addon. They should have started with Europe though, instead of Australia. I don't understand why they are not going to do South America (which in Brazil alone has more simmers than Australia), go figure...

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

One thing they will achieve with this strategy... Making us fly in Australia, lol. Will be my first time flying there.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White