Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taog AS365 N2 Dauphin / HH-65 Dolphin

Featured Replies

On 7/24/2026 at 12:24 AM, UrgentSiesta said:

THAT is the one I meant when advising a few posts ago! They specifically called it out a couple weeks back in Discord 😁👍

So glad you found the culprit! Now go have fun! 😎

Yeah cheers, glad I didn't give up despite the temptation! It appears from talking to them there's nothing they (Taog) can do about it unfortunately, and I doubt that the Airshow Assistant makers will make changes if it only affects one other product, but it's not the end of the world!

  • Replies 260
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Saintmike5
    Saintmike5

    Finally found the culprit that was causing my issues! There's a Marketplace addon called Airshow Assistant that I've been using for a while, but it seems to cause a conflict with the AS365 for some re

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    The Dauphin is for commuting to work. The Hughes is for weekend road trips. 😎

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    Some light reading for those who like to do it By The Book (578 pp): Google for the document name "CGTO 1H-65C-1" Unfortunately, there isn't one for the B model that I've found yet, but this is a lot

Bought my second Dolphin in career mode yesterday after doing enough Search and Rescue with the hoist variant to afford it (3.9m). The Dauphin actually, for use in the Passenger - Rotorcraft missions. I may have made a mistake lol - there doesn't seem to be as good of a mission generator for those as for the SAR missions. I tried two missions that both ended with bugs. First had a CTD when connecting to the destination tower to use the radio, weird, but at least I don't lose Rep. The second attempt bugged out on the landing - the airport had the helipad in a taxiway, so even though I landed on it properly, the "Stop behind the hold short line" mandatory objective did not spawn a line anywhere on the airport, probably because I was already past it when I landed on the taxiway/helipad. Tried finding the parking spot to jumpstart that mission step, but no avail. I think passenger missions spawn better for planes, as that's more expected. I'll try experimenting more with the EFB in pre-flight as I noticed both times the default flight plan did not have the destination airport just a waypoint for the helipad. Since I can and should land on runways anyway, I think it might be better to make a new flight plan for these.

Was still a bummer as these are longer flights, even with Sim rate, its a pain to redo them. You get about 150k credits for a 45min, 100NM trip. I mainly wanted to see if the AI would fly it passively while also having a lower stakes option to mix in with the SAR missions. For your time, you get the same reward as a regular landing style SAR mission, but don't have to send time looking in the search area, so it could be faster. Speaking of sim rate - I found the Dauphin doesn't really like increased rates beyond the first or second press/increase - since you tend to porpoise slightly with VS hold or ALT hold on, the sim rate throws you into a wild spin if you go to fast with it - don't go beyond one or two presses up. VS hold was more stable than ALT hold with sim rate increased.

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

Also, maybe its just me, but in the Dauphin VIP Variant, Shift + E to quick start doesn't turn on the comms; took me a bit too long to figure out why the quick reply was bound correctly, but not working!

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

Loving this one and flying it daily. It's faster than most light singles and can at least keep up with the light twins I have for 3/4 of their speed range. (Example: Just as fast as the new Commander 114 by Blacksquare until you get into the middle of the 114's yellow arc.)

Very capable autopilot (once you get the control mappings down correctly), trim system, and while I wish that an EFIS was an option, the ability to have a GTN 750/650 avionics suite available adds a lot too.

Honestly, it's more useful and versatile to me than the vast majority of light aircraft available for the sim currently - just takes some learning of the systems, flight control settings (such as disabling fly through for spring-centered sticks), and adept control mapping. Discord outlines all the tips and tricks for a smooth flight experience.

As someone who has some time in the real thing, two thumbs up on this model.

Edited by STK

5 hours ago, STK said:

It's faster than most light singles and can at least keep up with the light twins I have for 3/4 of their speed range. (Example: Just as fast as the new Commander 114 by Blacksquare until you get into the middle of the 114's yellow arc.)

Very capable autopilot (once you get the control mappings down correctly), trim system, and while I wish that an EFIS was an option, the ability to have a GTN 750/650 avionics suite available adds a lot too.

Honestly, it's more useful and versatile to me than the vast majority of light aircraft available for the sim currently - just takes some learning of the systems, flight control settings (such as disabling fly through for spring-centered sticks), and adept control mapping. Discord outlines all the tips and tricks for a smooth flight experience.

As someone who has some time in the real thing, two thumbs up on this model.

OMG so glad you said this (I thought I might be the only one who’s pretty much ditched piston singles in favor of this helo! 😁)

I had previously hoped the Cowan s76 would rise to the occasion, but alas, it still has way too much general bugginess to bring joy.

Every time I’ve thought of taking a light GA flight lately, I’ve reached for the 65/365 instead and been extremely satisfied with the substitution.

Also great to hear that someone with IRL stick time still finds this one to be good 👍

14 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Every time I’ve thought of taking a light GA flight lately, I’ve reached for the 65/365 instead and been extremely satisfied with the substitution.

I'm right there with you - I have two on my career fleet now, one HH-65 for SAR and one AS365 for Passenger missions. It's too bad the HH-65 didn't have a passenger variant, as I like the cockpit layout a bit better. The AS365 have the better liveries however :)

FWIW, AI pilots work on these. For Passive income, they seem to generate about 80k per hour of flight time when not in use, which is currently one of my better passive income sources.

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.