Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taog AS365 N2 Dauphin / HH-65 Dolphin

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Looks great! I was contemplating a collective but the Virpil ones need to be chair mounted from what I can see and I don’t really want to go that route. The frame you have set up looks interesting though.

Virpil collective does not need to be chair-mounted. I'm actually building a modified footstool set next to my chair with the collective attached to the footstool. It should be portable, quick, and I don't have to mess with my chair.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 96 GB G.Skill Flare ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

  • Replies 260
  • Views 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Saintmike5
    Saintmike5

    Finally found the culprit that was causing my issues! There's a Marketplace addon called Airshow Assistant that I've been using for a while, but it seems to cause a conflict with the AS365 for some re

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    The Dauphin is for commuting to work. The Hughes is for weekend road trips. 😎

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    Some light reading for those who like to do it By The Book (578 pp): Google for the document name "CGTO 1H-65C-1" Unfortunately, there isn't one for the B model that I've found yet, but this is a lot

I'd love to see what you've built once you get it up and running. I did build what sounds like something similar for my 737 throttle quadrant so it would sit lower than my desk.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

Looks great! I was contemplating a collective but the Virpil ones need to be chair mounted from what I can see and I don’t really want to go that route. The frame you have set up looks interesting though.

Thanks! I did have the uni-strut on hand at work so I don't factor that into the cost, but I needed a non-chair mounting design that can be moved out of the way for cleaning or regular gaming. Its heavy enough for stability, but light enough to be moved easily. Its a good toe stubber however, so that's definitely one of advantages of the desk or chair mounted set-ups, lol

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

7 hours ago, Kristofski said:

Thanks! I did have the uni-strut on hand at work so I don't factor that into the cost, but I needed a non-chair mounting design that can be moved out of the way for cleaning or regular gaming. Its heavy enough for stability, but light enough to be moved easily. Its a good toe stubber however, so that's definitely one of advantages of the desk or chair mounted set-ups, lol

You remind me of all of the (painful) times I have stubbed my toe on some flight sim equipment! 😀 That's what I get for simming in socks

For my footstool-mounted Virpil I plan to store a 20lb dumbbell on a ledge on the bottom of the footstool. It'll give it some heft to counterbalance the collective, and give me a place to store that dumbbell out of the way. Should be very portable, I'll take the dumbbell out if I move it around. If I'm not flying a helo, I can even pump iron while I'm in cruise heh.

To your point though I may staple or glue some carpet to the sides of the footstool in case I do bump into it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 96 GB G.Skill Flare ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

There seem to be lots of issues with this at the moment. The key one for me is the constant and repeatable crashing of MSFS to desktop if I try and switch to or from this aircraft to another one following a flight. I don't know why, assume it is to do with the different control setups, but it is very frustrating. If I switch prior to taking a flight (i.e. just having started MSFS) it seems fine. Do other people have the same issue, do we just have to live with it?

1 hour ago, Saintmike5 said:

There seem to be lots of issues with this at the moment. The key one for me is the constant and repeatable crashing of MSFS to desktop if I try and switch to or from this aircraft to another one following a flight. I don't know why, assume it is to do with the different control setups, but it is very frustrating. If I switch prior to taking a flight (i.e. just having started MSFS) it seems fine. Do other people have the same issue, do we just have to live with it?

I haven’t noticed this.

IIRC, there’s some sort of conflict with flight control replay or something (it’s in their discord).

As always, first step to shoot an issue is to disable all addons and go from there. 🤙

15 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

I haven’t noticed this.

IIRC, there’s some sort of conflict with flight control replay or something (it’s in their discord).

As always, first step to shoot an issue is to disable all addons and go from there. 🤙

Thanks for your response, but no, it happens with all addons cleared out from my Community folder. I haven't done anything particularly special; I followed the guide as to how to set up controls and that all works ok when I am actually able to fly it, but clearly something gets very scrambled when trying to switch to either helicopter having completed a flight in a different aircraft - as I say it crashes every single time. It's a very annoying limitation that I was not expecting from a premium-costed product.

3 hours ago, Saintmike5 said:
  • It's a very annoying limitation that I was not expecting from a premium-costed product. -

Are you sure that its the developers product that's at fault here ??? He / They have spend countless hours making this for you/us - to enjoy. They are unfairly damaged and their sales can suffer because of unfounded complaints against them.

You may have a point - but nobody else is experiencing what you say.

Is it your set up that's the very annoying limitation ???

                        mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

 


 
 
 
 

I always restart the sim (and my PC) after a flight (unless I'm turning around in the exact same a/c). I've done that since the 2020 days.

Edited by kerosene31

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

21 hours ago, Saintmike5 said:

repeatable crashing of MSFS to desktop if I try and switch to or from this aircraft to another one following a flight. I don't know why, assume it is to do with the different control setups, but it is very frustrating. If I switch prior to taking a flight (i.e. just having started MSFS) it seems fine. Do other people have the same issue, do we just have to live with it?

3 hours ago, Saintmike5 said:

clearly something gets very scrambled when trying to switch to either helicopter having completed a flight in a different aircraft - as I say it crashes every single time.

hmm I don't have this issue at all, but I don't have any CTD issues with MSFS2024. Something that I'd check - permissions settings, make sure you have admin or the files wont save/update correctly. The fuel quantity is constant between flights, so there is a save file somewhere that is remembering what the previous flight ended with. It sounds like that isn't able to be overwritten, or there a mismatch when you load up the second time.

I assume this is Free Flight; can you try loading the HH65B variant, cold and dark, do the preflight and enter, but do not start the engines. Open the tpad, not the EFB, and go to the weight and balance and check fuel numbers, write them down. Then hit ESC, End Flight, back out to the main menu, back into free flight, load up cold and dark again, and see if it crashes. If not, enter and start up the engines (confirm fuel is the same, it should be). Let some fuel burn, fly around a bit I guess, then do a shutdown. Check the tpad and note the fuel. ESC, End Flight, Main Menu, and try again. Maybe skip to runway start. See if that crashes. If all that works in the same variant, then you can probably rule out permissions.

A couple more q's - does it crash switching from the Taog to a stock/default aircraft? Or only between the Dolphin/Dauphin variants? Does it crash if you do the reverse - start out with a C172, then switch to the Dolphin - does that crash? Does it crash on runway starts as well, or do you always start cold and dark?

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

8 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

I always restart the sim (and my PC) after a flight (unless I'm turning around in the exact same a/c). I've done that since the 2020 days.

really? that seems excessive - I dont have a ton of add-ons or anything, but I've never needed to do anything this extreme. Do you get CTD if you don't do this?

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

I don’t get crashes if I load into this from after flying another aircraft, but the EFB / iPad will be missing if I do that, so I take that as something it being initialized properly if another aircraft has been used in that sim session.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

9 minutes ago, Kristofski said:

really? that seems excessive - I dont have a ton of add-ons or anything, but I've never needed to do anything this extreme. Do you get CTD if you don't do this?

No, I haven't tested it in forever. The one bug I had was that you couldn't change control configs once you loaded another a/c. I think that got patched out some time back of course. I usually need to re-plan a new flight anyway, so the sim can start up in the background and a reboot takes seconds. Mostly just a habit from the 2020 days where CTDs were an issue.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

54 minutes ago, Kristofski said:

really? that seems excessive - I dont have a ton of add-ons or anything, but I've never needed to do anything this extreme. Do you get CTD if you don't do this?

As an aside...I do this too...I have always restarted the sim if I plan to do another flight in a different airplane. I always just considered it "best practice", I did that in P3D and FSX too.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 96 GB G.Skill Flare ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

4 hours ago, Saintmike5 said:

Thanks for your response, but no, it happens with all addons cleared out from my Community folder. I haven't done anything particularly special; I followed the guide as to how to set up controls and that all works ok when I am actually able to fly it, but clearly something gets very scrambled when trying to switch to either helicopter having completed a flight in a different aircraft - as I say it crashes every single time. It's a very annoying limitation that I was not expecting from a premium-costed product.

Have you inquired about this on their Discord? They’re very involved there.

Do you have any MarketPlace addons active, either…?

Any custom liveries…?

I do actually run into this problem with PMDG products, as well, and if I end up plane-hopping during a session.

I suspect it’s as much a simulator Memory Scavenging issue as anything else.

In re PMDG, IIRC - it’s actually their official advice not to run multiple aircraft per session, and has been since the old FSX/P3D days. And come to think of it, either they don’t even want you to boot directly in to their addon, or from another complex addon or some such…

I.e., There are always addons (and computer programs in general) that are more particular than others.

It creates a rather simple choice in terms of deciding what to fly. 🤙

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.