July 17Jul 17 1 hour ago, sniper31 said:Oil rigs are fun too, considering that 😉Yeah, I was glad to see the Aerosoft North Sea scenery get a major upgrade. Have to add that to the list👍
July 19Jul 19 Hoping someone can help...I bought this last night, got my bindings all set, and was reasonably able to fly the Dauphin (haven't tried the Dolphin yet). When using the trim release, the aircraft nose did move around a bit, I understand this is because my joystick was centered and not lined up with where the cyclic had been trimmed to, but it was manageable.Tonight, I tried to go flying again, and found when I pressed the trim release I could initially get it working fine, aircraft was holding the attitude trimmed it to. However, twice now when I pressed the trim release button the aircraft violently nosed up (way more than I experienced when successfully flying last night), and it was not recoverable. On top of this, the cyclic was frozen and I could not get it to move at all, either with or without the trim release button. Even after I crashed to the ground the cyclic (animation in the cockpit) simply would not move. I was in ASE mode, but tried SAS mode and the cyclic was still frozen.I'm guessing I've messed something up, any ideas? Edited July 19Jul 19 by regis9 Dave Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU
July 19Jul 19 6 hours ago, regis9 said:Hoping someone can help...I bought this last night, got my bindings all set, and was reasonably able to fly the Dauphin (haven't tried the Dolphin yet). When using the trim release, the aircraft nose did move around a bit, I understand this is because my joystick was centered and not lined up with where the cyclic had been trimmed to, but it was manageable.Tonight, I tried to go flying again, and found when I pressed the trim release I could initially get it working fine, aircraft was holding the attitude trimmed it to. However, twice now when I pressed the trim release button the aircraft violently nosed up (way more than I experienced when successfully flying last night), and it was not recoverable. On top of this, the cyclic was frozen and I could not get it to move at all, either with or without the trim release button. Even after I crashed to the ground the cyclic (animation in the cockpit) simply would not move. I was in ASE mode, but tried SAS mode and the cyclic was still frozen.I'm guessing I've messed something up, any ideas?I’d double check bindings. the patch that just came out split the helo into two variants, etc. also ensure the tablet settings are still as you expect.
July 19Jul 19 It took me a couple of tries to get everything mapped, and at one point apparently I had the button mapped + a stick movement (must have bumped it when mapping). Of course that is too big to show in the mapping interface and was causing issues.For settings, I recommend (as does the manual), force centered joystick on. The fly through mode is a double negative, so if you want fly through ON, you want the toggle on the tablet off (it is backwards from what you expect). If the fly through mode is "green" in the tablet, that mode is OFF. Again the recommended is - spring centered joystick on/green. Fly through mode off - off/not green (again it is a double negative, off is on)Another thing - I have no idea if this is a thing, but it seems messing with these settings in flight causes the system to get confused. Set them on the ground and then don't touch them. I was adjusting them in the middle and it seemed to do strange things. You also want to hold the trim release from takeoff until you get settled at a speed and attitude you want, then you let go the button, then let your stick center, and it should settle down. It took me awhile to really trust it and feel comfortable using it. It isn't easy, but I'm finally getting the hang of it and it is becoming second nature. Edited July 19Jul 19 by kerosene31 ------------------------- Craig from KBUF
July 19Jul 19 Thanks, I’ll go back and double check that nothing got accidentally changed in my settings / bindings.36 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:You also want to hold the trim release from takeoff until you get settled at a speed and attitude you want, then you let go the button, then let your stick center, and it should settle down. It took me awhile to really trust it and feel comfortable using it. It isn't easy, but I'm finally getting the hang of it and it is becoming second nature.Ahh ok, I was manually flying it from takeoff and then only starting to use trim release when I wanted to set my initial heading. Sounds like it may not have liked that.I will say this helicopter has finally made me take a plunge I’ve been thinking of for a while which is to buy a joystick that I can configure as my helicopter stick, ie no centre spring and good dampers so the stick will stay where I leave it. I now have a Virpil WarBRD-D base and CDT Aero grip coming my way (eventually, they are on backorder right now). Dave Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU
July 19Jul 19 Ok, I’ve got it working now, there were two things at play:my tablet settings didn’t carry over to this variant from the one I successfully flew so they were not set up correctly.A default key binding was active again (reset trim) and assigned to the same button as trim release so that was clearly causing issues. I know for sure I cleaned those default hidings out so I’m going to blame MSFS for adding that one back in 😀It certainly takes a bit getting used to, but I’ve been able to get off the ground at KBCE, do some manually/trim flown sightseeing, and am now proceeding direct to KPGA on the autopilot so I’ll call this a success. Thanks again for the help! Edited July 19Jul 19 by regis9 Dave Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU
July 19Jul 19 3 hours ago, regis9 said:Ok, I’ve got it working now, there were two things at play:my tablet settings didn’t carry over to this variant from the one I successfully flew so they were not set up correctly.A default key binding was active again (reset trim) and assigned to the same button as trim release so that was clearly causing issues. I know for sure I cleaned those default hidings out so I’m going to blame MSFS for adding that one back in 😀It certainly takes a bit getting used to, but I’ve been able to get off the ground at KBCE, do some manually/trim flown sightseeing, and am now proceeding direct to KPGA on the autopilot so I’ll call this a success. Thanks again for the help!😁👍I think it’s probably more to do with the splitting of the single addon into two sub addons. MSFS looked at the update as a new install and…boom!Glad you got it sorted! 🙏 Edited July 19Jul 19 by UrgentSiesta
July 19Jul 19 Any recommendations for Xbox controller axis sensitivity settings for the AS365/HH65?Keep up the amazing work, Taogs-I say, love their helis. Edited July 19Jul 19 by amsfsx02501 MacBook Neo: A18 Pro with 6-core processor and 5-core graphics 8GB Unified Memory, macOS Tahoe, X-Plane 12 (12.40).Mac mini: M4 chip with 10 core processor, 10 core graphics, 16 GB Unified Memory, 256GB SSD, macOS Tahoe, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55).Lenovo Legion 5 16IRX9: Intel Core i9-14900HX, 32GB DDR5-4800 RAM, 1TB Micron NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB GPU and Intel UHD Graphics 16EU iGPU, Windows 11 Home, MSFS 2024 and 2020, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55) and Lenovo LOQ 15 15IAX9: Intel Core i5-12450HX, 24GB DDR5-4800 RAM, 1TB Solidigm NVMe SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2050 4GB GPU and Intel UHD Graphics 16EU iGPU, Windows 11 Home, MSFS 2024 and 2020, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55).Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home, MSFS 2024 and 2020, X-Plane 12 (12.40), X-Plane 11 (11.55).
July 20Jul 20 This is frustrating, nothing works for me again. Force trim? Nope. Half of my mappings are deleted, but none of them work regardless. I re-map them, and nothing. The only thing I did was install some liveries. Not sure if that messes everything up. I remapped everything again (this time exporting it) and seeing if a restart helps. Not sure if this is a 2024 thing or with the helicopter. I don't change my controller profiles much, but this needs it. I've had to reset everything multiple times now. ------------------------- Craig from KBUF
July 20Jul 20 9 hours ago, kerosene31 said:This is frustrating, nothing works for me again. Force trim? Nope. Half of my mappings are deleted, but none of them work regardless. I re-map them, and nothing. The only thing I did was install some liveries. Not sure if that messes everything up. I remapped everything again (this time exporting it) and seeing if a restart helps.I also noticed that the keybindings reset after the update. All Variants needed to be re-bound, but not every control.I noticed it first when the landing gear toggle, of all things, just stopped working - same keybind I've had since the dawn of time, so I initially thought it was a bug from the update, the manual switch in the cockpit worked, but not any of the keybinds on any hardware. Turns out, there are now Specific landing gear "AS65 Gear up, Gear Down, Gear Toggle" vs the default "Toggle Landing Gear" that exists for multiple helicopters/airplanes. So the same applies for a few other controls that were generic, but are now specific. But also weirdly, some of the AP modes got unbound as well. So I just did a search of all the "AS65" controls, each variant, and re-applied a lot of missing things. My guess is, if they has to tweak or adjust a control, but binding got reset to default, which is unbound.TL;DR if there's an AS65 specific keybind for a function, you must use that. MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11
July 20Jul 20 Anyone else find that the tablet is missing if you start a second flight? Or at least when you start a second flight with the other variant? I’ve had this happen a few times and had to restart the sim to get it back. Dave Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU
July 20Jul 20 21 hours ago, regis9 said:I will say this helicopter has finally made me take a plunge I’ve been thinking of for a while which is to buy a joystick that I can configure as my helicopter stick, ie no centre spring and good dampers so the stick will stay where I leave it. I now have a Virpil WarBRD-D base and CDT Aero grip coming my way (eventually, they are on backorder right now).Same here brother - I went a bit down the rabbit hole and ended up with the Gladiator Evo and for a collective, I went with a 3d print from Etsy, turned out really well. Have the stand all finished too, total was about 400$ CAD, though I already had the pedals - see pics in this thread:https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/698816-share-your-setup/The No-Springs is a game changer for other helicopters, the Dolphin maybe not so much. But the H125 is so so much better to fly now. MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11
July 20Jul 20 1 hour ago, Kristofski said:I also noticed that the keybindings reset after the update. All Variants needed to be re-bound, but not every control.I noticed it first when the landing gear toggle, of all things, just stopped working - same keybind I've had since the dawn of time, so I initially thought it was a bug from the update, the manual switch in the cockpit worked, but not any of the keybinds on any hardware. Turns out, there are now Specific landing gear "AS65 Gear up, Gear Down, Gear Toggle" vs the default "Toggle Landing Gear" that exists for multiple helicopters/airplanes.So the same applies for a few other controls that were generic, but are now specific. But also weirdly, some of the AP modes got unbound as well. So I just did a search of all the "AS65" controls, each variant, and re-applied a lot of missing things. My guess is, if they has to tweak or adjust a control, but binding got reset to default, which is unbound.TL;DR if there's an AS65 specific keybind for a function, you must use that.This was after the update. The landing gear is one of the first to go. And yes, I'm using the specific AS65 ones, which is why it is so frustrating when they disappear. I've backed the control configs up to xml files at least. What's weird is it is only some mappings, not all of them. I think it was some new liveries that did it. I noticed I got some sort of cloud error after doing that, and that's when my mappings were missing. I had to re-map everything and restart the sim to get anything to work. Restarting the sim is weird too, since mapping buttons shouldn't need that.I guess my warning to all is to back up your controller configs. ------------------------- Craig from KBUF
July 20Jul 20 On 7/17/2026 at 2:56 AM, UrgentSiesta said:Yeah, I was glad to see the Aerosoft North Sea scenery get a major upgrade. Have to add that to the list👍Can anyone find any WINDSOCKS on any of Aerosofts Oilrigs .... I've looked but can't find any. Surely visible windsocks are a 'must have' on oilrigs. Unless I'm missing them...PS- Found one, is on the smallest North Sea platform I've seen.... is this a token one... Edited July 20Jul 20 by aerostar
July 20Jul 20 11 hours ago, Kristofski said:see pics in this thread:Looks great! I was contemplating a collective but the Virpil ones need to be chair mounted from what I can see and I don’t really want to go that route. The frame you have set up looks interesting though. Dave Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU
Create an account or sign in to comment