Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taog AS365 N2 Dauphin / HH-65 Dolphin

Featured Replies

10 hours ago, petejohno1 said:

I tried the PMS 750 gtn ( freeware) and it follows the nav. I'll have to use this until they fix my beloved TDS......

I have also conducted a flight with the Garmin and it tracks and follows NAV as well. It seems it is just the TDS that has the problem. But, Good to hear they are on it. I was told the same on their discord last night.

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

  • Replies 260
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Saintmike5
    Saintmike5

    Finally found the culprit that was causing my issues! There's a Marketplace addon called Airshow Assistant that I've been using for a while, but it seems to cause a conflict with the AS365 for some re

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    The Dauphin is for commuting to work. The Hughes is for weekend road trips. 😎

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    Some light reading for those who like to do it By The Book (578 pp): Google for the document name "CGTO 1H-65C-1" Unfortunately, there isn't one for the B model that I've found yet, but this is a lot

4 hours ago, Kristofski said:

I had to run to google this as I was struck with PTSD - I though this was the OG Sidewinder from Waaay back in the day, I hadn't realized they made an FFB version. Played the original Mechwarrior and Decent with that bad boy once upon a time.

Yes they had FFB Sidewinder even back in the 90's. It was the early version, basically a sidewinder 1 but I think they called it Force Feedback Pro.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 96 GB G.Skill Flare ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB

So tried using PMS GPS since it worked . I setup “direct to path” to waypoint 70 miles away. Set NAV and let autopilot follow GPS path . Autopilot followed path ok for first few miles then it started slowly deviating to the left . As further helicopter fly as father deviation went. Did someone else notice that ?

Life time flight sim enthusiast, current airplane owner 172P (past C182F). FAA CP/IR ASEL/AMEL, FI ASEL

My System: AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D , MSI X870 GAMING PLUS, 64G RAM, ASUS RTX5090, 4T SSD

Put my hands on (pic/dual/given)

7GCAA, 8KCAB, BE24, BE76, BE35-C33, BE35, C150, C152, C172B/N/P/R/SP, 182F, M20E,M20C, M20J, AT6(SNJ4), PA28-140,PA28-151, PA28-161,PA28-181,PA28RT-201,PA28R-180/201T, PA24-250, PA32-300R, PA44, AC114, YAK-18T, YAK-52, SR22

 

47 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

So tried using PMS GPS since it worked . I setup “direct to path” to waypoint 70 miles away. Set NAV and let autopilot follow GPS path . Autopilot followed path ok for first few miles then it started slowly deviating to the left . As further helicopter fly as father deviation went. Did someone else notice that ?

I have flown two flights using the PMS GTN and in both cases, it tracked the routing flawlessly. That said, I did not try in "direct to path" mode, rather I was following a planned flight plan. But in my case, it worked.

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

I tried a flight plan and I'm still getting autopilot nav offset the course needle

image.png?ex=6a4935b1&is=6a47e431&hm=d0d

Life time flight sim enthusiast, current airplane owner 172P (past C182F). FAA CP/IR ASEL/AMEL, FI ASEL

My System: AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D , MSI X870 GAMING PLUS, 64G RAM, ASUS RTX5090, 4T SSD

Put my hands on (pic/dual/given)

7GCAA, 8KCAB, BE24, BE76, BE35-C33, BE35, C150, C152, C172B/N/P/R/SP, 182F, M20E,M20C, M20J, AT6(SNJ4), PA28-140,PA28-151, PA28-161,PA28-181,PA28RT-201,PA28R-180/201T, PA24-250, PA32-300R, PA44, AC114, YAK-18T, YAK-52, SR22

 

@sd_flyer I do think the NAV tracking does need refinement (or in the case of the TDS just plain fixing), but with the PMS it did route me properly to my destination. But I am in agreement with you that it needs some tweaking.

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

Pulled the trigger and bought in yesterday, then spent the rest of the day setting it up lol Its not like the MI-60

Really like the HH65 haven't played around with the AS365 yet, as it doesn't have the hover modes. The A variant works quite well, but the B variant for some reason gets oscillations in T-Hov and Hov Aug that I cant figure out if its operator error or not. There shouldn't but much difference between the two, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I noticed the Shake option in the B variant in the tPad doesnt stay turned off, maybe related?

My main source of annoyance has actually been in the Career modes, using it for the SAR hoist missions (the main reason I bought it) - as you approach the target and the circle appears, your SAR tech opens the door and hops out while you're still on approach to the hover, which causes a crash! Then as you respawn in the air, he's still hanging out the door and you can end up in a re-spawn and crash loop since you spawn too high and too fast for that door to be open. Once you're at that mission step, you cannot close the door and tell him to wait inside while you position yourself, even with the tPad. So you need to be really careful about that, and not Radio in that you've found the target until you're already slowed down and close to the hover. This is not the case for Mission Hub missions however, those hoist missions actually work great!

My S rank is in shambles but we will recover!

MY only disappointment is the FMC in the HH65 sucks and I would have liked a Garmin, I know there's two payware options, I'm likely going to have to pay the 5 bucks for the PMS50 as there's a stunning lack of tutorials on how to program the FMC for a helicopter and not an airliner

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

1 hour ago, Kristofski said:

Pulled the trigger and bought in yesterday, then spent the rest of the day setting it up lol Its not like the MI-60

Oh interesting, I haven’t bought it yet, but I was reading these threads thinking my control setup would be similar to my MH60.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 5090, 55" Samsung Q80T, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 hours ago, Kristofski said:

MY only disappointment is the FMC in the HH65 sucks and I would have liked a Garmin, I know there's two payware options, I'm likely going to have to pay the 5 bucks for the PMS50 as there's a stunning lack of tutorials on how to program the FMC for a helicopter and not an airliner

Don't they have EFB with option to retrofit it with PMS? At least there is in one for AS365

Life time flight sim enthusiast, current airplane owner 172P (past C182F). FAA CP/IR ASEL/AMEL, FI ASEL

My System: AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D , MSI X870 GAMING PLUS, 64G RAM, ASUS RTX5090, 4T SSD

Put my hands on (pic/dual/given)

7GCAA, 8KCAB, BE24, BE76, BE35-C33, BE35, C150, C152, C172B/N/P/R/SP, 182F, M20E,M20C, M20J, AT6(SNJ4), PA28-140,PA28-151, PA28-161,PA28-181,PA28RT-201,PA28R-180/201T, PA24-250, PA32-300R, PA44, AC114, YAK-18T, YAK-52, SR22

 

4 hours ago, Kristofski said:

MY only disappointment is the FMC in the HH65 sucks and I would have liked a Garmin, I know there's two payware options, I'm likely going to have to pay the 5 bucks for the PMS50 as there's a stunning lack of tutorials on how to program the FMC for a helicopter and not an airliner

13 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Don't they have EFB with option to retrofit it with PMS? At least there is in one for AS365

If you go to the PMS website then you can download the PMS GTN 750 for free. You only pay the $3-5 on the MSFS marketplace for the "free" version of the PMS. There is also a paid, pro version of the PMS on their website too, but you can get by with the free version.

And yes @sd_flyer there IS an option to use the PMS or the TDS in the HH-65 as well.

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

5 hours ago, sniper31 said:

If you go to the PMS website then you can download the PMS GTN 750 for free. You only pay the $3-5 on the MSFS marketplace for the "free" version of the PMS. There is also a paid, pro version of the PMS on their website too, but you can get by with the free version.

This worked perfectly - my experience has dramatically improved lol many thanks for this tip!

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

2 hours ago, Kristofski said:

This worked perfectly - my experience has dramatically improved lol many thanks for this tip!

Glad to hear! And, you are most welcome. Have fun flying!

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

What a busy weekend, finally got my sea legs with the HH65, both variants all set up and thanks to @sniper31 I no longer have to struggle with the default FMC - I highly recommend everyone using this pack grab that free upgrade from the PMS website. The Autopilot actually works and tracks relatively well, sharp turns in the flight plan aside. Ended up flying in some thunderstorms yesterday doing some SAR mission from the Mission Hub at sea and the extra layer of navigation really prevented disaster.

The hover modes make a huge difference, though I suspect the SAS is the real hero as find myself not using the T-HOV FD slew to position myself, but rather, just manually fine tuning with Trim Release and Collect Sync. T-Hov is nice for stopping movements in hover, Hov Aug doesn't prevent wandering from station but does maintain radar height well.

Collective Beep is actually not very useful as it is too jerky in 3ft steps, I wish it was smoother. If you step more than 3 or 4 times too quickly, you can sometimes drop out of the hover and crash so you need to step down slowly which leads to this weird jerky bouncing that doesn't happen if you use C-Sync instead.

Skis work, if equipped lol Floats inflate but do not float you on water. Unsure if I saw that in a screenshot, maybe the AS365 works. Searchlight is fun at night, the night lighting model looks great. All the sounds are great. I'm not a fan of the shake but that can be turned off in the tPad. Overall 9/10 experience, cant wait to add one to my career mode fleet.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

That DOES sound like a busy weekend of sim work for you, all in a good way 😊

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

8 hours ago, Kristofski said:

What a busy weekend, finally got my sea legs with the HH65, both variants all set up and thanks to @sniper31 I no longer have to struggle with the default FMC - I highly recommend everyone using this pack grab that free upgrade from the PMS website. The Autopilot actually works and tracks relatively well, sharp turns in the flight plan aside. Ended up flying in some thunderstorms yesterday doing some SAR mission from the Mission Hub at sea and the extra layer of navigation really prevented disaster.

The hover modes make a huge difference, though I suspect the SAS is the real hero as find myself not using the T-HOV FD slew to position myself, but rather, just manually fine tuning with Trim Release and Collect Sync. T-Hov is nice for stopping movements in hover, Hov Aug doesn't prevent wandering from station but does maintain radar height well.

Collective Beep is actually not very useful as it is too jerky in 3ft steps, I wish it was smoother. If you step more than 3 or 4 times too quickly, you can sometimes drop out of the hover and crash so you need to step down slowly which leads to this weird jerky bouncing that doesn't happen if you use C-Sync instead.

Skis work, if equipped lol Floats inflate but do not float you on water. Unsure if I saw that in a screenshot, maybe the AS365 works. Searchlight is fun at night, the night lighting model looks great. All the sounds are great. I'm not a fan of the shake but that can be turned off in the tPad. Overall 9/10 experience, cant wait to add one to my career mode fleet.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

it really is a great addon so far!

I’ve seen at least a couple messages that they’re working on the abrupt mode & beep transitions, which is a Good Thing. No way the IRL bird does that.

Even with those niggles it’s already my favorite complex helicopter in MSFS. Once they’ve had a bit to smooth the rough spots, it’ll be even better yet. 👍

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.