Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taog AS365 N2 Dauphin / HH-65 Dolphin

Featured Replies

51 minutes ago, sniper31 said:

The Mi-2 has NO automation whatsoever. It flies like a wet sponge, but in a good way. A handful to control, but in much different way than the Dauphin/Dolphin. I wasn't going to get the Mi-2 but then I watched a few videos and they had a sale, so I bit. Glad I did. Lots and lots of switches in the Mi-2, and even with the English cockpit not everything is in English. Which is cool with me....having seen the inside of a Russian exported Mi-6 Hip that my unit captured in Iraq during Desert Storm, the cockpit was labeled partly in English and partly in Russian (or maybe Polish, not sure). Overall, I am really enjoying learning to fly this tub, but you have to be predictive with the controls because of wet sponge flying...lol.

Oh, well that makes it quite a bit more interesting to me, then!

From all I’ve read/watched, they’ve done a REALLY good job on it in all regards.

I’m personally gonna have to hold off on it, tho. The number of newly purchased addons (and even a new sim!) in the last few months that I don’t even have time to fly has gotten out of hand. 🤷‍♂️

  • Replies 260
  • Views 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Saintmike5
    Saintmike5

    Finally found the culprit that was causing my issues! There's a Marketplace addon called Airshow Assistant that I've been using for a while, but it seems to cause a conflict with the AS365 for some re

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    The Dauphin is for commuting to work. The Hughes is for weekend road trips. 😎

  • UrgentSiesta
    UrgentSiesta

    Some light reading for those who like to do it By The Book (578 pp): Google for the document name "CGTO 1H-65C-1" Unfortunately, there isn't one for the B model that I've found yet, but this is a lot

On 7/11/2026 at 9:09 PM, kerosene31 said:

I made the mistake of jumping right in and just assuming that my airplane knowledge and controls would carry over. I didn't understand a single thing about how a helicopter works.

I'd say if anything it works against you - the attitude gauge might look the same, but the whole, tilt down to go forward, which gains altitude as you gain speed, is not at all how the plane works. I remember being so frustrated in the first hour before doing the tutorials, I thought the G2 was broken lol Pulling the collective to max, then wondering why I drop out of the sky.

On 7/11/2026 at 10:11 PM, UrgentSiesta said:

Ain’t learning to hover taxi a right PITA.

The tutorials really set you up too, you move way too fast through them, hovering with assists for all of 2-3 mins before the instructors is like, OK ALL YOU BUD, and you take off spinning like a top. Hover Taxi is actually easier than straight hover at the beginning I feel, cause you can get more control by moving forward. I definitely scrapped and dragged my skids around for the first 10 hours easy.

Actually one of my favorite things about the Dolphin/Dauphin is the retractable gear; wheel landings > skid landings IMO

That said - biggest pet peeve from the weekend is that my new HH65B in career mode is only able to do hoist missions, despite having perfectly good landing gear, it does not seem eligible for rescue landing missions :( Not sure if that's an Asobo problem or something that Taog can actually address.

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

Wanted to share some more pics of this beauty - got a lot of time in both the HH65 and AS365 this weekend, while I ended up choosing the Dolphin too add to my career mode fleet for its hover assists, the liveries on the AS365 look better, and its certainly more classy to fly around doing passenger or patient transport.

One of the disappointments - I discovered the career mode hoist version cannot do regular rescue missions that require landing near the target. That's annoying as areas will spawn both hoist and landing missions together, but you can only do one or the other, and need to pay to move around to the next area even if there's missions you could technically do. You usually get 1-2 hoist for every 3-4 regular missions spawning in an area too. Hoist rescues pay out about 250k versus the 150k from a landing rescue mission. the HH65 was 4.4m credits so it'll take a long time to make it back if I can't do half the missions that spawn around me. I think this is more an Asobo thing than a Taog issue unfortunately.

The Dolphin also eats fuel in career mode; The fuel is consistent between missions in free flight or career, so you can end up paying for gas in the hanger menu so you have the green checkmark before hitting begin mission - only to lose that gas as it resets back to where you were when you ended the last flight. So don't be like me and waste money - just use the tPad to give yourself free gas at the end of each mission as you wait for the shutdown.

One tip for SAR missions - the Retrieval score is your time from when you radio in that you've found them to when they are onboard. You have about 30 seconds for landings, 60 seconds for hoist before your 100% rating starts dropping - so don't radio that you've found them until you've already completed your approach and are like 200ft out. You have WAY more time to find them than you do for retrieval.

Also tried the bambi bucket and the fire hose system on the Dauphin. Wasn't able to put out any fires yet. Its tricky to dip and trickier to aim, that's for sure. I think the hose+tank is harder to fill but might be more accurate to dump in that it feels more like the plane, you dont stop as you fly over the fire. The Bambi you kind of need to stop over the fire to aim it. When filling the tank, you need to get really low with the hose and pull collective slowly but constantly while it picks up water as you get heavier - you'll be in the 90% power pretty quickly so save some room to actually fly out, I was not able to get more than half the tank at a time without crashing into the lake lol. The Bambi is easier to dip and go, but it swings a lot and I was having trouble with the release timing; sometimes it just wouldn't release when I pressed the trigger for it, I think its locked to a speed/height restriction, but the manual doesn't have much info for firefighting. I'm going to keep exploring as the career more for firefighting is a little sparse with just the two planes, so I like the idea a lot, but not enough to start a firefighting company yet.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

9 hours ago, Kristofski said:

Wanted to share some more pics of this beauty - got a lot of time in both the HH65 and AS365 this weekend, while I ended up choosing the Dolphin too add to my career mode fleet for its hover assists, the liveries on the AS365 look better, and its certainly more classy to fly around doing passenger or patient transport.

One of the disappointments - I discovered the career mode hoist version cannot do regular rescue missions that require landing near the target. That's annoying as areas will spawn both hoist and landing missions together, but you can only do one or the other, and need to pay to move around to the next area even if there's missions you could technically do. You usually get 1-2 hoist for every 3-4 regular missions spawning in an area too. Hoist rescues pay out about 250k versus the 150k from a landing rescue mission. the HH65 was 4.4m credits so it'll take a long time to make it back if I can't do half the missions that spawn around me. I think this is more an Asobo thing than a Taog issue unfortunately.

The Dolphin also eats fuel in career mode; The fuel is consistent between missions in free flight or career, so you can end up paying for gas in the hanger menu so you have the green checkmark before hitting begin mission - only to lose that gas as it resets back to where you were when you ended the last flight. So don't be like me and waste money - just use the tPad to give yourself free gas at the end of each mission as you wait for the shutdown.

One tip for SAR missions - the Retrieval score is your time from when you radio in that you've found them to when they are onboard. You have about 30 seconds for landings, 60 seconds for hoist before your 100% rating starts dropping - so don't radio that you've found them until you've already completed your approach and are like 200ft out. You have WAY more time to find them than you do for retrieval.

Also tried the bambi bucket and the fire hose system on the Dauphin. Wasn't able to put out any fires yet. Its tricky to dip and trickier to aim, that's for sure. I think the hose+tank is harder to fill but might be more accurate to dump in that it feels more like the plane, you dont stop as you fly over the fire. The Bambi you kind of need to stop over the fire to aim it. When filling the tank, you need to get really low with the hose and pull collective slowly but constantly while it picks up water as you get heavier - you'll be in the 90% power pretty quickly so save some room to actually fly out, I was not able to get more than half the tank at a time without crashing into the lake lol. The Bambi is easier to dip and go, but it swings a lot and I was having trouble with the release timing; sometimes it just wouldn't release when I pressed the trigger for it, I think its locked to a speed/height restriction, but the manual doesn't have much info for firefighting. I'm going to keep exploring as the career more for firefighting is a little sparse with just the two planes, so I like the idea a lot, but not enough to start a firefighting company yet.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

That’s all really great info, and beautiful shots - thank you!

  • Author

Update is now out - Changelog:

Exactly two weeks after release, we’re happy to put out the first update for the addon, bringing a good number of fixes as well as some new features. We worked really hard to get this one out, and we hope you’ll enjoy the improvements it brings to the experience. Also, if you’ve been enjoying the addon, it would mean a lot to us if you could leave a nice review on the marketplace. It genuinely helps more than you might think and goes a long way in supporting our work

  1. USER EXPERIENCE / CUSTOMIZATION:

    • ADDED: settable trim release time-out for all cyclics (joystick, full cylcic, gamepad),

    • ADDED: settable rate of recovery for transition from ASE into TR for spring-centered joysticks/gamepads. The lower the recovery rate the more time you have to take over manually, the higher the recovery rate, the quicker you need to react

    • MODIFIED: vibration settings now controlled by slider exclusively, slider at "0" = no vibrations

    • FIXED: vibration settings not persistent

    • ADDED: OWN SAR OPS on DOORS & HOIST subpage on tPad (see this video for more details: ⁠as365-dauphin-announcements🔔⁠)

    FLIGHT MODEL AND ENGINES

    • REFINED engine torque table density values for improved accuracy following flight model adjustments

    • MODIFIED: N1-to-shaft torque relationship to better align MTOP performance and 100% NQ behavior,

    • REVISEDtorque table RPM values to improve engine start timing behavior,

    • ADJUSTEDcruise fuel flow values,

    • MODIFIED slight revisions to maximum torque and horsepower output,

    • REFINEDfuel flow PID behavior to improve gauge stability and reduce needle oscillation,

    • UPDATED main rotor minimum and maximum beta values, along with blade twist parameters,

    • ADJUSTED governor engagement point for a smoother RPM rise during startup,

    • TUNED governor PID behavior to better match updated blade drag characteristics,

    • REDUCED fuselage drag coefficient to preserve manual performance figures with the revised rotor drag model,

    • REFINED main rotor lift and drag parameters for more stable and accurate overall behavior,

    • MODIFIED :Slightly increased tail rotor authority to better offset main rotor drag effects at higher altitude

    SYSTEMS:

    • FIXED: TDS GTNxi screens being too dark

    • FIXED: keybindings for LDG LIGHT LEFT/RIGHT and NOSE WHEEL LOCK not showing up in MSFS Control UI

    • FIXED: incorrect documentation for B:Event values for LDG LIGHT RETRACT

    • ADDED: keybinding for selected vertical speed (orange needle, AS365 only)

    • FIXED: a crash caused by opening the rescue door in flight,

    • FIXED: incorrect classification of the AS365N Search and Rescue long nose variant,

    • MODIFIED: HH-65 T-HOV and HOV AUG modes

    • MODIFIED: HH-65 collective hover beep inputs now smoother

    • FIXED: HH-65 glideslope indicator on ADI being reversed

    • FIXED: HH-65 altimeter drum animation,

    • FIXED: excessive camera shaking on the ground caused by wind speed

    • FIXED: AP upper modes ALT and HDG not disengaging below Vy

    • FIXED: FFCL no interaction in VR

    • FIXED: TDS GNTXi not initilalizing reliably (UPDATE via TDSGPSManager necessary!)

    3D MODEL AND INTERIOR

    • FIXED: detached collective button

    • FIXED: missing pedal brake animation on HH65B SAR / HH65A / HH65B Hitron,

    • ADDED: missing 3D model above the passenger door

    • FIXED: headsets clipping through the wall

    • FIXED: STBY horizon slip ball background color,

    • ADDED: missing marking on the throttle quadrant

    • MODIFIED. landing gear indicator light textures,

    3D MODEL AND EXTERIOR

    • FIXED: texture issue on the front door glass

    • FIXED: rear cargo door not staying open

    • ADDED a couple of thousand watts to searchlight brightness. MODIFIED beam cone

    LIVERIES:

    • FIXED: wrongSpanish Customs registration

    • FIXED: USCG blue stripe appearing purple

    • FIXED: Icelandic Coast Guard TF-SIF hoist livery error

    • FIXED: USCG MH-65 "Honolulu" marking issue

    • FIXED: missing blue cheat line on older USCG white/orange liveries

    • FIXED: Talon livery missing chevron

    • FIXED: various missing elements on the Iceland livery

  2. If your package is streamed, you have nothing to do. If your package is downloaded you need to redownload it to get the update

Vote to fix transparent  sun visors having no effect on the sun glare effect in MSFS at: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sun-shades-sun-visors-not-influencing-light-in-cockpit/691565/

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

FIXED: a crash caused by opening the rescue door in flight,

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

FIXED: vibration settings not persistent

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:
  1. MODIFIED: HH-65 T-HOV and HOV AUG modes

  2. MODIFIED: HH-65 collective hover beep inputs now smoother

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

ADDED a couple of thousand watts to searchlight brightness.

Wonderful updates! I've been affected by all the above so I'm glad to hear and eager to try.

Looks like you do need to manually re-download to update.

1 hour ago, Zangoose said:

ADDED: OWN SAR OPS on DOORS & HOIST subpage on tPad (see this video for more details: ⁠as365-dauphin-announcements🔔⁠)

@Zangoose where were these notes posted? Discord? I can't see the video link from this line, I'm curious!

MSI Aegis R | Intel i7-14700F | NVIDIA RTX 4060 | 1TB NVMe | 32GB RAM | Windows 11

  • Author
15 minutes ago, Kristofski said:

Wonderful updates! I've been affected by all the above so I'm glad to hear and eager to try.

Looks like you do need to manually re-download to update.

@Zangoose where were these notes posted? Discord? I can't see the video link from this line, I'm curious!

Yeah it's Discord. The video is in there rather than YouTube by the looks of it.

Vote to fix transparent  sun visors having no effect on the sun glare effect in MSFS at: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sun-shades-sun-visors-not-influencing-light-in-cockpit/691565/

So... is it worth the price tag? Most of your reviews have been quite positive, but after converting from euros, it comes out to about $63 for me. That's more expensive than the Fenix A320 and even some of the PMDG 737/777 variants. A pretty steep ask in my opinion. What do you think?

22 minutes ago, outermarker said:

So... is it worth the price tag? Most of your reviews have been quite positive, but after converting from euros, it comes out to about $63 for me. That's more expensive than the Fenix A320 and even some of the PMDG 737/777 variants. A pretty steep ask in my opinion. What do you think?

I can now formulate my very strong positive opinion on it. The update fixed the TDS issues (along with a small patch from the TDS side as well to support their custom autopilot). With the avionics (that I prefer) working well, I can happily say the rest of the helicopter is superb. I enjoy the sounds and the excellent flight model. The visuals are quite good as well! I still find some of the controller setup a bit tricky. I think sometimes with my older peripherals, the AP engagement isn't working that well. It takes a few times to come off of force trim release and pressing HDG, ALT and engaging FD and then CPL. You really have to be in stable forward flight without much vertical deviation upon engaging CPL. (This is in ASE mode - I haven't tackled SAS yet).

Absolutely you must bind keys, or buttons to what they recommend in their manual! You cannot use default bindings!

Here I am intercepting the RNAV 18 into Oshkosh, WI (the LPV markers now work correctly - although this autopilot is not capable of coupling to the vertical glide path irl - it doesn't seem to fly it in the sim either). I was told the N3 version of the Dauphin can fly fully coupled RNAV approaches. One thing to note - I have not tried the TDS after the update in the HH65 USCG variant. I believe it has an FMS so I'm not really sure why it would also have a GTNxi. Those two avionics would overlap irl.

Oh, one more thing, be sure to download the NEW TDS update as well!

There are a few liveries that have also come out - I made this semi fictional one based on an A109

tdstoag3

tdstoag

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

1 hour ago, outermarker said:

So... is it worth the price tag? Most of your reviews have been quite positive, but after converting from euros, it comes out to about $63 for me. That's more expensive than the Fenix A320 and even some of the PMDG 737/777 variants. A pretty steep ask in my opinion. What do you think?

For me, Taog is to helicopters what A2A or Black Square is to GA. They are one of the few developers I buy from with no hesitation. I'm not a real world pilot, but real world helicopter pilots praise their flight dynamics as one of the best. One of the few native 2024 helicopters as well, which is a big plus in my book. There's really not a lot of 2024 native helis right now, mostly just 2020 ports.

As Ryan said, you will need to spend time in the manual just getting up to speed.

That said, you need to be a big fan of helicopters and want to dig into it.

It also helps if you plan to use it for career mode missions, Miltech Mission Hub and/or Emergency Dispatcher Pro (the latter is the one I'm starting with lately). Flying helicopter missions is a whole lot of fun and of course this fits a lot of those real world roles.

I hate to tell people what their money is worth to them, but I'll tell you it was well worth my $50 US. Again though, I only fly helicopters and GA, and never touch the airliners.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

12 minutes ago, kerosene31 said:

For me, Taog is to helicopters what A2A or Black Square is to GA. They are one of the few developers I buy from with no hesitation. I'm not a real world pilot, but real world helicopter pilots praise their flight dynamics as one of the best. One of the few native 2024 helicopters as well, which is a big plus in my book. There's really not a lot of 2024 native helis right now, mostly just 2020 ports.

As Ryan said, you will need to spend time in the manual just getting up to speed.

That said, you need to be a big fan of helicopters and want to dig into it.

It also helps if you plan to use it for career mode missions, Miltech Mission Hub and/or Emergency Dispatcher Pro (the latter is the one I'm starting with lately). Flying helicopter missions is a whole lot of fun and of course this fits a lot of those real world roles.

I hate to tell people what their money is worth to them, but I'll tell you it was well worth my $50 US. Again though, I only fly helicopters and GA, and never touch the airliners.

Agree on all counts, 100%! @outermarker I will say this....if you are a fan of helicopter simming, than I think it is worth the money. And, you are really getting two different helicopters in the package.

Edited by sniper31

AMD Ryzen 9900X3D & ASUS X870E Gaming Plus MB, w/64 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, ASUS TUF RTX 5090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, HAVN Case, Virpil VPC Panels 2 and 3, TM F/A 18 Stick on Virpil Base, Virpil Rotor TCS Plus w/ Hawk-60 Collective grip, Virpil MongoosTM Throttle, TM TPR Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

 

 

This patch seems to have fixed a lot of weird things I was seeing. Other than MSFS deciding that half my mappings got deleted, once I set everything up again, it is doing what I expect.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

4 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Update is now out - Changelog:

That’s a GREAT changelog. Nice to see they found and adjusted a bunch of downstream effects, too 👍

2 hours ago, outermarker said:

So... is it worth the price tag? Most of your reviews have been quite positive, but after converting from euros, it comes out to about $63 for me. That's more expensive than the Fenix A320 and even some of the PMDG 737/777 variants. A pretty steep ask in my opinion. What do you think?

It is indeed relatively expensive, even in USD.

But, I would 100% buy it again at full price and be satisfied. I honestly feel like it’s the best complex helo in MSFS - by a long shot.

And the two variants being materially different adds some interesting contrasts (unlike the typical airliner addon variant where there’s virtually zero changes in the cockpit/operations).

That said, similar to an airliner, it’s really only worth it IF you’re going to use the advanced pilot relief/automation/systems.

If you’re seeking a great helo for hand flying / sightseeing, then the Taogs OH-6/H500 or the Digital Aeronautics Mi-2 (or Cabri G2 😎) are much better choices. 🤙

ETA: I personally have a LOT more fun in this addon than I do in any airliner addon. 😎

Edited by UrgentSiesta

The other nice thing about this is it's pretty fast as far as helicopters go. You can easily do 140 KIAS (and a bit more if you push it). So you're quite a bit faster than a c172 or Cherokee.

| My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.