Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What does Navigraph Ultimate do for BATC?

Featured Replies

I currently have the AIRAC cycles sub from Navigraph. BATC's traffic works well overall. Typically, as a user of SLC & BATC I rely on Simbrief's routing and as a result don't seem to have a need to look at Charts, which would be Greek to me anyway. On rare occasions if I want to look at and choose a specific STAR I will open and use LNM for that and it's fine. So, for a user such as myself, how would Ultimate impact BATC functioning? I think I read it brings realtime AI traffic, versus delayed or something like that. Is that really the gist of it?

Thanks in advance

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

It's only used for the live traffic.

Edited by Tuskin38

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's only used for the live traffic.

Would there be any impact on AI traffic animation smoothness over non-live? BATC is better now for me than it has been historically vis a vis jerky animation, though it still happens just not as much as in past experience. If the user was blind to live v non-live, would they be able to tell it was live, or it would be essentially the same and so indistinguishable from non-live as I have now? Thanks!

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

42 minutes ago, Noel said:

Would there be any impact on AI traffic animation smoothness over non-live? BATC is better now for me than it has been historically vis a vis jerky animation, though it still happens just not as much as in past experience. If the user was blind to live v non-live, would they be able to tell it was live, or it would be essentially the same and so indistinguishable from non-live as I have now? Thanks!

Smooth for me, Noel. I am using FSLTL and AIG Models. Just originated a flight from KORD, I felt the presence of the traffic even with BATC set to 5 for Traffic.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

2 hours ago, Noel said:

Would there be any impact on AI traffic animation smoothness over non-live? BATC is better now for me than it has been historically vis a vis jerky animation, though it still happens just not as much as in past experience. If the user was blind to live v non-live, would they be able to tell it was live, or it would be essentially the same and so indistinguishable from non-live as I have now? Thanks!

No, both are injected via simconnect (which has a varying smoothness depending on the amount of simconnect connections and the FPS in the sim). On the ground it would be indistinguishable, enroute they follow the live traffic positions

Creator of: Realistic Pax & Cargo (RPC)

For transparency: I'm a community mentor at the BATC discord. However, I do not get paid for it in any way.

I find that live traffic is much busier than the non-live option in BATC. I have everything set to 10 (except for parked traffic at 7), and I can get stuck in the queue for KFJK or EGLL's evening departure rush for upwards of 20 minutes, but only with live traffic. Incidentally BATC handles it all pretty well.

7 hours ago, Noel said:

Would there be any impact on AI traffic animation smoothness over non-live? BATC is better now for me than it has been historically vis a vis jerky animation, though it still happens just not as much as in past experience. If the user was blind to live v non-live, would they be able to tell it was live, or it would be essentially the same and so indistinguishable from non-live as I have now? Thanks!

Live Traffic behaves the same as non-Live traffic.

  • Author

Thanks all...I think I'll stay put with AIRAC cycles only. I find AI traffic is busy enough as is and would not want more as smoothness tends to diminish the more traffic there is, and just like in the RW I'm not interested in waiting 20 minutes to takeoff 🙃.

Cheers

Noel

System:  9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL  64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.

Aircraft used in MSFS 2024:  Fenix A320,  Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.

 

I can't see anywhere on their site that it's possible to get an AIRAC subscription on it's own, you have to have the Unlimited sub. to get it? I would also like just to have the monthly AIRAC's as I'm perfectly fine with the LIDO charts that come with the sim.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

  • Moderator
3 minutes ago, jlund said:

I can't see anywhere on their site that it's possible to get an AIRAC subscription on its own, you have to have the Unlimited sub. to get it? I would also like just to have the monthly AIRAC's …

Several years ago I received an email from Navigraph saying my subscription was going to be enhanced. In short, AIRAC subscriptions were being ended and we’ll all be moved to the Unlimited subscription at a greatly increased cost.

I and several others complained vigorously because I had no need for Charts as I used Aivlasoft EFB which gave me all I needed.

Navigraph backed down and to this day continue to charge me only for an AIRAC subscription. I did point out to them at the time that an AIRAC subscription wasn’t visible on their website. It seems that is still the case.

In that case you need to create a topic asking why an AIRAC subscription isn’t available. Their reply will be interesting. Good luck!

Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum Throttle Quadrant.

Cheadle Hulme Weather website.

chlive.php

22 minutes ago, jlund said:

I can't see anywhere on their site that it's possible to get an AIRAC subscription on it's own, you have to have the Unlimited sub. to get it? I would also like just to have the monthly AIRAC's as I'm perfectly fine with the LIDO charts that come with the sim.

From what I know, the FMS data only subscription is only visible from your Navigraph account (dashboard) AND only when there is no active subscription running e.g. if you have Unlimited running currently there is no way to see that lower tier subscription option. You need to let the subscription expire (and I think this means you need to cancel it manually otherwise your subscription renews automatically).

As @Ray Proudfoot indicated, this option and pricing is very difficult for users to find. The Navigraph CEO did commit to make this more visible. There's more info about this in this old thread.: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/631519-navigraph-doing-away-with-navdata-only-subscriptions/page/2/

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
MSFS2024 SU5.1 & P3D v5.3 HF2

The kind of practice to hide or make hard to find a lower tier subscritption is illegal where I live.

I found it after I logged in to my old account, and yes it looks like they still have an AIRAC subscription only option to 37,24 Euro per year. Funny why they don't want people to know that it's still there, but as you mentioned, I guess they want people to get the Ultimate subscription instead. Thanks for the tip.

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

 

 

  • Moderator
2 hours ago, Farlis said:

The kind of practice to hide or make hard to find a lower tier subscritption is illegal where I live.

It’s certainly a questionable practice. Best word to describe it? Underhand. 🤨

Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum Throttle Quadrant.

Cheadle Hulme Weather website.

chlive.php

  • Moderator

This was part of my discussion with Navigraph staff back in April 2023. Their policy is very clear.

IMG_0974.jpeg

Ray (Cheshire, England).

System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke, Fulcrum Throttle Quadrant.

Cheadle Hulme Weather website.

chlive.php

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.