Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How is sayintentions these days?

Featured Replies

It's been a long while since I last tried it.

Main things that turned me off were:

Landings were awful, harder than a carrier landing. Takeoffs were unnatural.

And the traffic was very misaligned with the airport at just about every place.

Marco D'Agostino

  • Replies 32
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Wouldn’t fly without it. Genuinely.

  • Disagree. The only area I feel BATC does better is in managing arrivals via a STAR which is something thats been feed back to the SI Devs a bit in the last few months. I feel that the traffic AI movem

  • You guys are determined to confuse. When I first read this I thought "whattya mean SI's AI is behind BATC and FSHud?". Oh, maybe you mean AI TRAFFIC? Considering the overall AI nature of SI, it woul

It is super great! Will definitely renew my subscription

  • Author
15 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

It is super great! Will definitely renew my subscription

Really!?

How's the traffic behaving? Landings? Takeoffs? How do they taxi around? And what about vectoring and spacing during landing at a busy airport?

Marco D'Agostino

Wouldn’t fly without it. Genuinely.

2 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

Landings were awful, harder than a carrier landing. Takeoffs were unnatural.

Well, now I'm confused. What does SI have to do with takeoffs and landings?

That said, AI traffic seems fine to me, especially at airports where folks have contributed good profiles via Taxi Tuner. In fact, I originally started using SI due to them being one of the only programs who do GA traffic.

I'm 100% GA, so maybe not what you're looking for, but with recent updates things like vectoring and descents have been excellent. You might want to check out this recent topic. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/701159-say-intentions-ai-from-a-ga-perspective-warning-long/

Scott

Edit: I'm now guessing you were referring to the AI landings and takeoffs, yes? Honestly, I still think their traffic injection is as good as anybody's, but none are perfect, so...

But the ATC has gotten really good of late.

S

Edited by tttocs

  • Author
45 minutes ago, tttocs said:

Well, now I'm confused. What does SI have to do with takeoffs and landings?

That said, AI traffic seems fine to me, especially at airports where folks have contributed good profiles via Taxi Tuner. In fact, I originally started using SI due to them being one of the only programs who do GA traffic.

I'm 100% GA, so maybe not what you're looking for, but with recent updates things like vectoring and descents have been excellent. You might want to check out this recent topic. https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/701159-say-intentions-ai-from-a-ga-perspective-warning-long/

Scott

Edit: I'm now guessing you were referring to the AI landings and takeoffs, yes? Honestly, I still think their traffic injection is as good as anybody's, but none are perfect, so...

But the ATC has gotten really good of late.

S

Ya, the ai traffic landings and takeoffs.

Marco D'Agostino

I love it. Its come leaps and bounds over the past 12 months but overall, its an incredable product. I was watching at YSSY today as AI aircraft that required it were performing intersection departures on 34L whilst whilst others were using full length. Since the improvement to voices a month or two ago, they're far and away the best out there.

AI operations are smooth and well controlled. Any airport that has a decent taxi tune is good. I'd like to see more arrivals as I generally notice far more departures than arrivals, but thats my only real complaint.

Wouldn't fly without it and haven't opened BATC in months.

Kael Oswald

9950X3D/ 64GB DDR5 6200 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 5090 / 3 x 48" LG C4 OLEDs

10 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

Landings were awful, harder than a carrier landing. Takeoffs were unnatural.

And the traffic was very misaligned with the airport at just about every place.

When was that bad experience? Months ago landing was indeed unrealistic (very fast deceleration). Fix and improvement came in July, as far as I remember. About misalignment, can you share at least one airport ICAO where this happened ? The hypothesis raised by other members on the Taxi Tuner profile worth to be check ;)

PS: just a SI user. Not a bot ;) And no affiliation with Say Intentions.

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

I just paid for a years subscription, having previously paid monthly. Since then I have flown 2 mid to long hauls whilst using SI without any issue whatsoever.

The ability to talk directly to ground crew via GSX is what tipped me over, plus the AI voices sound so much better and less robotic than BATC and FSHud, in my opinion of course.

I don't really pay much attention to AI landings and take-offs, that was most definitely not my reason for re-subscribing.

i9-13900K | 6400MHz DDR5 (32GB) | GeForce RTX 4090 24GB

MSFS 2024 | ini A380 | ini A350 | PMDG 777-300ER | Fenix A320

Does it still have the issue that you can’t change the runway for landing from the one generated in simbrief?

 
 
 
 
 
  913456
32 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Does it still have the issue that you can’t change the runway for landing from the one generated in simbrief?

Isn't it related to these two user settings?

fGnm5f.png

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.
Check my free MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio/trending and my hardware configuration.

ATC aspect is just great. CDPLC, vectoring, ability to select approaches, flexibility for runway selection via Settings. Plenty of options.

AI behavior - still far behind BATC and FSHud.

9950X3D, X870E ROG CROSSHAIR HERO, Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB DDR5-6000 PC5-48000, ASUS RTX 5070Ti 16GB, 9100 PRO 4TB Samsung ,990 PRO 4TB Samsung,  AX1600i 1600 Watt 80 Plus Titanium ATX, ASUS 360 ARGB EXTREME 360mm Liquid CPU Cooling Kit.

16 hours ago, simsuper80 said:

How's the traffic behaving? Landings? Takeoffs? How do they taxi around? And what about vectoring and spacing during landing at a busy airport?

I know that you are using PSXT, so you will be disappointed. I use SI in a combination with PSXT and so far it's the most efficient (and the most expensive) method to combine best ATC with best AI traffic. It's not a perfect solution, but it's my 26th year of awaiting proper ATC and AI :-) Hence, I have plenty of patience now.

9950X3D, X870E ROG CROSSHAIR HERO, Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB DDR5-6000 PC5-48000, ASUS RTX 5070Ti 16GB, 9100 PRO 4TB Samsung ,990 PRO 4TB Samsung,  AX1600i 1600 Watt 80 Plus Titanium ATX, ASUS 360 ARGB EXTREME 360mm Liquid CPU Cooling Kit.

59 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

AI behavior - still far behind BATC and FSHud.

You guys are determined to confuse. When I first read this I thought "whattya mean SI's AI is behind BATC and FSHud?".

Oh, maybe you mean AI TRAFFIC? Considering the overall AI nature of SI, it would really help to be a bit more specific. Just a thought.

Scott

3 hours ago, tttocs said:

You guys are determined to confuse. When I first read this I thought "whattya mean SI's AI is behind BATC and FSHud?".

Oh, maybe you mean AI TRAFFIC? Considering the overall AI nature of SI, it would really help to be a bit more specific. Just a thought.

Scott

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I meant that it’s injected AI traffic where SI far behind of both BATC and FsHud. For the record - I own all three.

9950X3D, X870E ROG CROSSHAIR HERO, Corsair Dominator Titanium 64GB DDR5-6000 PC5-48000, ASUS RTX 5070Ti 16GB, 9100 PRO 4TB Samsung ,990 PRO 4TB Samsung,  AX1600i 1600 Watt 80 Plus Titanium ATX, ASUS 360 ARGB EXTREME 360mm Liquid CPU Cooling Kit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.