Sign in to follow this  
Poppet

A 64 Bit Story

X-Plane Pilot:    My 64 Bit Sim is better then your 32 Bit Sim!!

P3D Pilot:          Oh rite,  how do you recon that then?   

X-Plane Pilot:    Because X-Plane is 64 bit!! That's why HA!

P3D Pilot:         How does that matter then? 

X-Plane Pilot:   Because everything is better with 64 Bit, That's why Ha!

P3D Pilot:        That doesn't explain anything really,  Please tell me,  i would love to know. 

X-Plane Pilot:    Actually i don't know,  but Ha! anyway 

P3D Pilot:        Ok then glad we sorted that out.   So have you any planes for the weekend?

X-Plane Pilot:   Emm now that we've sorted that out,  i don't know what ill do with myself.   Got it! X-Planes covers the whole world!  Ha Ha

PD3 Pilot:        So do P3D!,   Good night X-Plane person

X-Plane Pilot:    I need a hug

P3D Pilot:         Go away

HA HA HA!! Too funny, but oh, so true. And to think, Poppet, that you have been here a mere 6 months and have it figured out already. :P :P

Regards, Craig

If there was a thread about the roundness of the tires it would eventually evolve into a my sim is better than your sim argument. That's the nature of the hobby. I call them "defenders of the realm". They're going to defend their piece of turf no matter what. I'm looking for a sim that gives smooth as glass movement with realistic scenery and aircraft that will rival a level-D simulator. Does it exist? NO. That's why I own multiple simulators and I don't restrict myself to just one. They all offer something but I haven't found one yet that offers everything.

NAX669.png

Yes it is as annoying as this:

Ford Truck Guy: My truck is better then yours

Dodge Truck Guy: No my truck is better then yours

GMC Truck Guy: No my truck is better then all of yours

(Probably one of the most annoying rivalries on the planet)

Matthew Kane

Yes it is as annoying as this:

Ford Truck Guy: My truck is better then yours

Dodge Truck Guy: No my truck is better then yours

GMC Truck Guy: No my truck is better then all of yours

(Probably one of the most annoying rivalries on the planet)

Rams rule when it has a Cummins under the hood!!  (Sorry, I had to throw that in...love my Cummins Diesel!!!)  :ph34r: :LMAO: 

Kidding aside, everyone should just use what they want and enjoy it...

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

Rams rule when it has a Cummins under the hood!!  (Sorry, I had to throw that in...love my Cummins Diesel!!!)  :ph34r: :LMAO:

Kidding aside, everyone should just use what they want and enjoy it...

I used to work for Cummins so I would have to agree.

You would be surprised at how many engines they make under different manufacturing contracts, that includes petrol engines for Chrysler among others, and for a while there the OEM Hemi block as well. 

Matthew Kane

I used to work for Cummins so I would have to agree.

You would be surprised at how many engines they make under different manufacturing contracts, that includes petrol engines for Chrysler among others, and for a while there the OEM Hemi block as well. 

I didn't know about the gas engines and Hemis.  All I know is the 6.7L I have is a beast for a 6 cylinder and virtually indestructible.  I-6's just pour out that torque!!

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

I drive a Dodge. I still look at the Fords and Chevy's

NAX669.png

I drive a Dodge. I still look at the Fords and Chevy's

You're married...not buried!  :lol:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

After I smashed my truck it was then in 64 bits

:p0305:

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the heck out of P3D now that I've mostly converted from X-Plane and have grabbed a bunch of add-ons.   However, I do wish it were a 64 bit application for one simple reason:   I could load as many add-ons into XP as I wanted and never, not once, would it die with an OOM.   End of story.  

(Unless, you know, I consumed at 16GB of my system's an in inordinate amount of swap, but a) that never happened, and b) the sim would be unusable by that point anyway.)

Yes, there is a lot of technological ignorance from people who have no understanding of what '64 bit' means and why it's not a panacea, but that there is one concrete reason for its superiority in that one aspect.

Guest Mik75

Sorry, I don't get it... ???

After I smashed my truck it was then in 64 bits

:p0305:

LMAO!!  :LMAO:

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png