Sign in to follow this  
Manny Ortiz

X-Enviro is OUT

Wow, this thread is really active.  What's x-enviro will offer if I already have FGRW+RealWeather Connector+SMP 4?

weather until the horizon and real weatherfronts that you can fly into. it is especially convincing at high altitudes for jetliners

Ok everyone here is the latest update on the  HT on and off CPU issue with xEnviron. 

Here is the responds I got:

I tried it and now it working with HT on now.

Aleksey Kolomin posted  01/01/2017 04:15:04 AM
Hello Robert! Thank you for purchasing xEnviro! There is a possible issue with changing your hardware ID when you use HT. Turn on HT, cut xEnviro.prf from your outpit/preferences folder and activate xEnviro again. Also please provide your serial number and email, i`m extend your number of registrations on our server.

Below shows the log file after trying with HT on.

17:47:27] xEnviro version 1.06

[17:47:27] X-Plane version Dec 19 2016 20:10:41 (11)

[17:53:34] Checking for the update

[17:53:35] Updating database files

[17:55:41] Database update OK

[17:55:45] Weather Processor initialized OK

[17:55:45] Atmosphere Processor initialized OK

[17:55:45] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_sky_vertex.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_sky_fragment.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_sun_vertex.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_sun_fragment.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_fog_vertex.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_fog_fragment.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_haze_vertex.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_haze_fragment.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_precip_vertex.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_precip_fragment.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_postfx_vertex.glsl

[17:55:45] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_postfx_fragment.glsl

[17:55:45] Effect Processor initialized OK

[17:55:45] Region Processor initialized OK

[17:55:46] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_clouds_vertex.glsl

[17:55:46] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_clouds_fragment.glsl

[17:55:46] Loading vertex shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_shadow_vertex.glsl

[17:55:46] Loading fragment shader Resources\plugins\xEnviro\shaders\shader_shadow_fragment.glsl

[17:55:46] Cloud Processor initialized OK

[17:55:46] Meteo Processor initialized OK

[17:55:46] OpenAL: existing context found

[17:55:46] Sound Processor initialized OK

[17:55:46] xEnviro startup OK

[17:55:46] Downloading weather at 17:55

[17:55:46] OpenAL: file loaded Resources\plugins\xEnviro\sound\env_amb_wind.wav

[17:55:46] OpenAL: file loaded Resources\plugins\xEnviro\sound\env_cab_wind.wav

[17:56:02] wx update *******************************************

[17:56:02] our cell is 658 461 188m   KMDW  vis 30644 satlev=898m

[17:56:02] cloud coverage=11 intensity=20 type=10 base=7808msl 7620agl

[17:56:02] wx update completed *********************************

[17:56:02] New cells created around 658,461

[17:56:02] wx update *******************************************

[17:56:02] our cell is 658 461 188m   KMDW  vis 30644 satlev=898m

[17:56:02] cloud coverage=11 intensity=20 type=10 base=7808msl 7620agl

[17:56:02] wx update completed *********************************

So switching HT on and off changes the hw id after you activated then server does not like and will not download the cloud.  

I have do have some followup question expressing my concern that I switch HT on or off based on performance needs.

I will see what they suggest and hopefully get a quick answer.

For those who are not seeing clouds with HT on or off, I would say

• Check the log and look at the bottom.
  • Compare it with my log that I posted.
  • Make sure you are in area that has clouds
  • Make sure you have "Real Mode" activated in xEnviron.
  • If it does look like the log that I posted then you may need to put in a ticket with them to allow you reactivated under your hardware setting,(depend weather or not you installed in a different hardware mode). Otherwise there maybe other issues may need to be resolve.

Bob

Thanks Bob - with XP and xenviro all in beta I am going to wait it out and hope it all works out - sure it will - always run NT on and always will - take care  :wink:

Rich see my post answer is in.

Thanks Bob - with XP and xenviro all in beta I am going to wait it out and hope it all works out - sure it will - always run NT on and always will - take care  :wink:

Rich see my post answer is in.

Something is definitely wrong with xEnviro, no clouds in my area and if I switch it off and let xp weather update, I can see clouds.

I haven't played around with HT, it's on but its been that way for a long while, XE was working fine in the past.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

...Thank you for purchasing xEnviro! There is a possible issue with changing your hardware ID when you use HT. Turn on HT, cut xEnviro.prf from your outpit/preferences folder and activate xEnviro again. Also please provide your serial number and email, i`m extend your number of registrations on our server.

I don't like the answer. What happens when I get a new gpu, or more ram or...? Changing Hyperthreading state should not invalidate the activation of a product! Why does the user not get an error message, telling him, that x-enviro is no longer activated?

Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

Hmmm, weird, deleted xEnviro.prf and activated it again and it works now. I haven't played with HT, so something triggered it to stop downloading weather.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I don't like the answer. What happens when I get a new gpu, or more ram or...? Changing Hyperthreading state should not invalidate the activation of a product! Why does the user not get an error message, telling him, that x-enviro is no longer activated?

Tom

Tom

I did express that concern to them.

I waiting for a responds. I agree it should not volatile your use of the software if you are just turning HT on and off.

They using some type of security feature in their server that imo is a misuse in this regard.

It assume you move the software to another machine and does not take into account that a mode change in a machine does mean it on different one.

What they should  look at Processor and mother board. They way if the CPU is changes it does not flag it as a complete change in hardware. 

Bob 

• Upvote 1

Hmmm, weird, deleted xEnviro.prf and activated it again and it works now. I haven't played with HT, so something triggered it to stop downloading weather.

Hi CarlosF

Good deal!!!

It is strange somehow it stop work 

But I am glad that help you get it working.

Bob

Hmm that makes sense. It's definitely changing the hardware ID. I remember when I was fiddling with my overclock I had to constantly reactivate ALL of my addons that used SASL (so basically all ORG purchases). This is definitely the problem and it's unfortunate. Addons that use Gizmo aren't affected.

Here are a couple of the visual glitches I mentioned in that last post. They'll probably be fixed at some point, but meanwhile it's a bit immersion-breaking.

Flying out of Vancouver Intl headed for Tofino, heavy rain at ground level and some weird "rain driven water" artifacts repeated on every pavement surface:

010117_Grumman_G-21A_Goose__30.jpg

Those rain patterns might be an XP11 problem, I'm not sure. But this next one is definitely XEnviro. This is what it looked like a few seconds later, climbing up out of that rain layer. There is a block of low visibility that cuts off sharply (see the mountains in the distance). You can still see the end of the runway through the viz layer, at the middle right part of the image:

010117_Grumman_G-21A_Goose_35.jpg

In that previous image, I can't see anything above that rain layer that would be causing all that heavy precip in the first image. Just a few scattered clouds. It remained clear all the way to Tofino, when the actual weather was more like the first image with overcast and rain/mixed snow. 

Here is that weird sharp cutoff of haze again, from an earlier flight in Western Canada. Sharp mountains in the far distance, then a block of haze that cuts off again near the plane. When the visibility is reduced even further, what you get is a rolling wall of fog ahead of the plane that you never quite reach. XEnviro seems to be having problems showing low visibility near the ground:

010117_Grumman_G-21A_Goose_34.jpg

BTW, I have SkyMaxx Pro v4 completely removed from my computer for these tests, so whatever is going on here, it's pure XEnviro.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I also noticed that water textures feel different.. It feels liked repeated pattern of textures... Never saw this before in XP 11 ... But not sure if this is b3 or x environment

Yeah, it's about time the started paying attention to the confusion of niche simmers!

My clouds seem to be loading OK so I'm not keen to go mucking about with HT yet, but will watch this 'thread' (geddit?) with interest.

Just out of interest, does HT have much bearing on vanilla XP11 performance?

scotchegg

Now that I have xEnviron working correctly again, I will be able find out, which is what led me to this find.

Bob

I have seen that weird water/repeating pattern in XP11 with pb3 and I don't have xEnviro installed.....just FYI.

Chad Griffin

I have seen that weird water/repeating pattern in XP11 with pb3 and I don't have xEnviro installed.....just FYI.

Thanks for verifying that it's an XP11 issue. Those waves of rain look fairly convincing right next to the plane on the ground, but then it looks weird when you see a repeated pattern with any altitude above the airport. The effect needs to fade out at altitude.

I'm still trying to figure out that sudden change from heavy rain to nuthin' up above that rain layer. Maybe XEnviro never obtained that METAR data in the first place, only the ground layer. It could explain the sharp transition in weather effects.

If that's what is happening, then it just needs a routine that says "don't load weather layers unless you have the full vertical stack."

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

But I am glad that help you get it working.

yep, indeed it did Bob, thanks.