Sign in to follow this  
jabloomf1230

FSUIPC 4.959 now has an AI Traffic Limiter somewhat like the Traffic Optimizer addon

The newest version which is compatible with P3d 3.4 Hotfix 2 is available for download. The Traffic Limiter is described as follows:

28. A Traffic Limiter option is now provided. This is enabled by parameters in the INI file, or more easily, by setting the desired limit in the edit box for this on the lower right corner of the Miscellaneous options tab. Traffic is limited by removing AI aircraft, from whatever source, as they are added, once the limit is reached. The aircraft being deleted is not necessarily the last one added. It will usually be the furthest one -- Traffic is only spawned within the “reality bubble” (about 80 nm radius) so that’s as far as it might get. The behaviour is modified by parameters in the INI file. There will be a new section, probably added at the end of the file, containing, by default:

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=0
GroundPreference=50
AirportPreference=50
NearerPreference=50
The limit set to 0 switches the facility off.

See the FSUIPC installer ReadMe file for more details.

• Upvote 3

I am sticking with the Air Traffic Manager. It works perfectly.   http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmdftsy127jgux2/AirTrafficManagerFSX-P3D+Radar_v1914.zip

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This works a bit differently, as it has more control over deletion of AI aircraft at varying distance within the user's reality bubble. I use these settings, which are in line with Pete Dowson's initial suggested values and the capabilities of my hardware:

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=100
GroundPreference=70
AirportPreference=20
NearerPreference=70
  • Upvote 3

This works a bit differently, as it has more control over deletion of AI aircraft at varying distance within the user's reality bubble. I use these settings, which are in line with Pete Dowson's initial suggested values and the capabilities of my hardware:

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=100
GroundPreference=70
AirportPreference=20
NearerPreference=70

That could work well.  I set my AI to around 10%...sometimes that means 3 airplanes...sometimes it means 30.  Now I can set a hard limit on the ground.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The three "Preference" settings are percentages (probabilities of deletion). See the release notes on version 4.959:

The other parameters determine how to decide which ones to delete when the limit is breached, These are:

GroundPreference: This is the % probability of nearby (0.5 to 20nm) ground traffic being deleted provided they do not already have clearance, or are shutting down after arrival in any case. Increasing this will give better frame rates and more free parking spaces at the local airports, but can of course ultimately limit the number of aircraft taking off. Decreasing it will delete fewer local ground aircraft, with none being deleted if this is set to 0. (I increase it to about 70 which still gives me enough local traffic and allows me to decrease the next parameter without spoiling the performance).

AirportPreference: The gives the % probability of aircraft destined for one of the six nearest airports (including the one you may be on) being deleted if it is a candidate (i.e. furthest, or as determined by the other parameters). The default of 50% makes this an even chance, other factors allowing. Increasing this will give less arrivals locally, decreasing it with give more. At 0 no local arrivals will be deleted unless there’s no other choice to keep to the limit. (I like seeing the arrivals so I take this down to about 20).

NearerPreference: This is the probability of deleting aircraft which are not necessarily the furthest away. With it set to anything above 0 the aircraft chosen for deletion might be anything from 20nm away. The idea of this is to give newly added aircraft in flight, spawned as usual at the far reaches of that “reality bubble”, a chance to follow their plans. Otherwise what is likely to happen, after the initial period where the aircraft are spawned all over the place (according to their schedules), almost every scheduled flight from anywhere outside that bubble would probably be deleted as soon as it was added. (I have this set to 70 as I like to see the greater variety of airlines and departure airports I get when newly spawned flights are not deleted so often).

The defaults are set at 50% so you can see the “average” results, and then increase or decrease them to meet your preferences. To allow experimentation here, this complete section of the INI file is re-read whenever you enter the FSUIPC Options screen and OK out (even if you don’t visit any tabs).

If they are all set to 0 (the original defaults in a pre-release) then the only criteria used when deciding which to delete is the distance – furthest only, every time.

• Upvote 1

[Traffic Limiter]
TrafficLimit=100
GroundPreference=70
AirportPreference=20
NearerPreference=70

I'm going to give it a try. I like the fact that I don't have to have another program running while P3D is running. Maybe there is no difference but at least it makes me feel better. :Big Grin:

• Upvote 2

What is the "correct" way to update FSUIPC - just run the installer to overwrite the current version?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Guest JustanotherPilot

Does this apply to the registered version only?

Excellent, thanks for the heads-up.

FSUICP just keeps on giving.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Is it payware feature? In downloads section I see only fsuipc compatible with hf1

Update: I answered myself, version available was recompiled on 19th and is in fact updated. Freeware version has no control over traffic, so it's "payware" feature. 

While I have been content with the Air Traffic Manager, this is highly welcome. Potentially one more tool I could get rid of, if it works. I'll certainly give it a shot.

Will this work with UT2 (I think Air Traffic Manager doesn't)?

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

While I have been content with the Air Traffic Manager, this is highly welcome. Potentially one more tool I could get rid of, if it works. I'll certainly give it a shot.

Will this work with UT2 (I think Air Traffic Manager doesn't)?

Kind regards, Michael

Pete tested it with MT6 and UT2 as he likes lots of Ai so the answer to your question is yes. :smile:

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'll go through the documents as soon as I get home but can these values be changed in real time? I know Air Traffic Manager allows you to do that to maintain desired performance on the fly. If FSUIPC allows that, then I'd be very happy to use it instead.

I'll go through the documents as soon as I get home but can these values be changed in real time? I know Air Traffic Manager allows you to do that to maintain desired performance on the fly. If FSUIPC allows that, then I'd be very happy to use it instead.

I believe so. You make the change and after clicking OK FSUIPC updates the Ai based on your new values.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I believe so. You make the change and after clicking OK FSUIPC updates the Ai based on your new values.

Thanks for the quick response, Ray. Cheers and happy holidays!

• Upvote 1