Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Hi,

can someone using UT2 comment if this actually works? I am in doubt as UT2, as far as I understand, uses a different mechanism for traffic injection but would be glad to be proven wrong.

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

In other areas, the nearest aircraft deleted would be even further away. So less likely you would notice it.

Duke, going down the Baha Peninsula today, I checked your mask...and there were planes being deleted 74 and 90 miles away from my x/y. Good deal!  Very well done....

Thanks again for releasing this....

Post Edit: Am using this in conjunction with MyTraffic 5.4c  (works seamlessly!!!)

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Me wondering the same...I doubt this works with UT2 since the mode of injection is different, that is the limit of my understanding.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

This is a fantastic program, thank you dukeav! This actually does what it says it will do and am getting better fps.. what more could we ask for! 

• Upvote 1

This is a fantastic program, thank you dukeav! This actually does what it says it will do and am getting better fps.. what more could we ask for! 

"Well...er...for this coming Christmas, Santa...I would like...the latest, greatest, most powerful, flight sim enabled, flashing lights as well..., Desk Top system....and yes...I've been a good boy, Santa!".... :rolleyes:

Thanks but in UT2 no difference seems the same fps counter wise - thats why UT2 is a great program

Rich Sennett

Thanks Richard, for UT2 (whcih I use at present) we still have that old Ramdisk trick which I am going to try one day. Alternatively I might be tempted to try MyTraffic with the optimizer, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

UT2 has a facility built in to limit the number of ai aircraft being loaded. As well, you can select the altitude by which you must be below for said AI aircraft to be shown. It works a treat for me.  

Jazz

Thanks Richard, for UT2 (whcih I use at present) we still have that old Ramdisk trick which I am going to try one day. Alternatively I might be tempted to try MyTraffic with the optimizer, though.

Kind regards, Michael

Welcome Mike 

Rich Sennett

This just underscores what everybody has known about FSX and P3d, that AI traffic places a tremendous burden on both the CPU and GPU. The entire AI traffic approach needs to be retooled by LM, but I suspect that doing so is not a top priority, given their core mission and how P3d relates to that.

It will probably be up to a 3pd to use an unconventional approach ("ASN-like") to replace the way the stock fs-traffic.dll injects and manages traffic in P3d. Given the magic that VRS spun with TacPack and more recently, this optimizer and the SIDS/STARS work done via AIController, an all-encompassing, separate AI traffic manager app is probably doable.

I will install and test this with VoxATC and WOAI.   I want to see what kind of effects this will have on VoxATC.   I am sure aircraft that you are listening to on the channel will be speaking one minute then vanish from the audio but I need to confirm.   I love this concept.  I want traffic on always but man can it be a destroyer even at 30%.   I'll let you know my findings. 

EDITED:  This program interferes with VoxATC.   When it optimizes traffic the VoxATC panel displays a FATAL ERROR and requests VoxATC be disabled and restarted again every time you click optimize.   Sad Panda face.     

The program works though.  It does delete traffic like a charm but to anyone using VoxATC to do your Traffic for you it will break the ATC for the flight and VoxATC cannot use the traffic from the in-game slider.   It has to be traffic generated by VoxATC's traffic slider or you won't get in traffic chatter on your flight.

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

UT2 has a facility built in to limit the number of ai aircraft being loaded. As well, you can select the altitude by which you must be below for said AI aircraft to be shown. It works a treat for me.

Jazz

I wonder though, by being loaded...could that be gate traffic and not actual flight plans...this tool zaps planes in flight, and miles out of sight to you, the user. It might not be the same in the way and order, the built in UT2 feature works, or as intended...

Mitch, it has been a couple of years since I've used UT2, so my memory may be rusty. As I recall, one could set the number of ai being drawn within the 100 mile radius (fsx default) of your aircraft.(flying and on the ground) One was also able to limit the altitude that aircraft were visible. example: you could set aircraft to not be drawn at the gate until you were below a 'user set' altitude. Useful for reducing stutters while on approach at a payware airport. As for eliminating planes in flight, there are keyboard shortcuts for increasing/decreasing the amount of ai aircraft. As well as a shortcut for zapping aircraft that may be cluttering up your approach. UT2 was/is very good at it's job, and I liked the fact of ai actually following real world routes and not just bee-lining to their destination.

Jazz

Yes, I know the UT2 in-game settings and exploit them. However, you either can have UT2 reducing traffic, e.g., via Weekly/Daily, fps limiter, and/or radius settings,  but then traffic may become really rare (somehow dependent on hub, i.e. with the same settings KSFO maintains some airliners while CYVR becomes completely empty...whyever). Or, you can leave it as is with framerate dropping by a huge margin.

I am still looking for a more optimized solution keeping hubs busy as in real life without runining fps. I agree it would be high time for LM to overhaul the dated FS2004 (?) based AI engine

Kind regards, Michael