Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Great! Will try that tool ASAP! Thanks!

One question/suggestion:

wouldn't it make sense to combine this tool also with framerate?

e.g. you limit the planes to 100, but if the framerate hits e.g. 20, then AI will be reduced to 75 planes, with 16 frames to 50 planes, with 13 frames to 25 planes and so on.

Does that make sense?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great! Will try that tool ASAP! Thanks!

One question/suggestion:

wouldn't it make sense to combine this tool also with framerate?

e.g. you limit the planes to 100, but if the framerate hits e.g. 20, then AI will be reduced to 75 planes, with 16 frames to 50 planes, with 13 frames to 25 planes and so on.

Does that make sense?

You are welcome. Please post your results when you can.

FPS co-relation is a bit difficult. FPS can change drastically in an instant, e.g. switching from outside to VC. So that would result in AI traffic being reduced, but when FPS comes back up, the AI traffic will not come up quickly, as new traffic get populated slowly as per schedules. Maybe with a longer term FPS average something can be done...

I am working on the next iteration in which incoming traffic to current Airport is prioritized. And maybe also the destination.

Meanwhile, what traffic are you guys seeing at the destination? Is it low, high, expected?

Meanwhile, what traffic are you guys seeing at the destination? Is it low, high, expected?

Duke, it is non-affected, as per my pervue.  For instance, at CYYZ the other day, there was constant (slider set to 50 percent) arrival and departure on 24L...all is good!  Great program!

Mitch

@Mitch,

Did you uninstall the P3d version first and then install the FSX version?

Also, go to this folder and search for SimConnect.dll:

C:\Windows\WinSxS

Then right click on each entry that you find for Properties and look at the Details tab. See what versions of SimConnect that you have installed.

If that doesn't work, you can put SimConnect in a logging mode by creating a file called SimConnect.ini. Search AVSim for how to do this, but I wouldn't do that until you figure out which versions of SimConnect are installed.

Hi Jab..no, I did not have to delete anything, as both programs are stand alone. Nothing gets 'installed'   I thought about it some more...and possibly, it could be an Administrator issue.  I will set up Comp as Administrator Level...and see what happens.  My P3D is outside of the dreaded 386 Program Folder, while my FSX is not...so this might be what is happening. If so...and it works after the Admin tap..I will report that on this thread, so anybody else might not be scratching their heads....:)

Mitch

With MyTraffic Pro 5.4c set at 35% for commercial and 25% for GA in P3d, AI ground, arriving and departing traffic at both medium and large airports is not discernibly different with auto-optimize set at a maximum of 100 aircraft. But the app is reducing the number of AI aircraft around large metro airports often by hundreds of planes. These AI aircraft appear to be fairly far from the user.

Do you have logging mode for debug purposes that would write a log file with a line showing each AI aircraft that is deleted along with distance from the user?

EDIT:

I did want to add something to this post. A user on the official LM message board asked if the same approach could be used with your app to limit road AI traffic. I have road traffic set to zero, so it doesn't affect me, but other users like to see cars, trucks and buses on major highways. But when one flies into major urban areas, the AI road traffic also has a major impact on performance, if one sets the slider too high.

Duke, it is non-affected, as per my pervue.  For instance, at CYYZ the other day, there was constant (slider set to 50 percent) arrival and departure on 24L...all is good!  Great program!

Mitch

Hi Jab..no, I did not have to delete anything, as both programs are stand alone. Nothing gets 'installed'   I thought about it some more...and possibly, it could be an Administrator issue.  I will set up Comp as Administrator Level...and see what happens.  My P3D is outside of the dreaded 386 Program Folder, while my FSX is not...so this might be what is happening. If so...and it works after the Admin tap..I will report that on this thread, so anybody else might not be scratching their heads....:)

Mitch

Thanks for the feedback Mitch.

I need to look deeper into simconnect to figure out the problem. What version of FSX do you have?

With MyTraffic Pro 5.4c set at 35% for commercial and 25% for GA in P3d, AI ground, arriving and departing traffic at both medium and large airports is not discernibly different with auto-optimize set at a maximum of 100 aircraft. But the app is reducing the number of AI aircraft around large metro airports often by hundreds of planes. These AI aircraft appear to be fairly far from the user.

Do you have logging mode for debug purposes that would write a log file with a line showing each AI aircraft that is deleted along with distance from the user?

EDIT:

I did want to add something to this post. A user on the official LM message board asked if the same approach could be used with your app to limit road AI traffic. I have road traffic set to zero, so it doesn't affect me, but other users like to see cars, trucks and buses on major highways. But when one flies into major urban areas, the AI road traffic also has a major impact on performance, if one sets the slider too high.

There is a logging mode which I use while debugging, it all goes into the console box. But I turn it off before release. I'll add an option to see it for the end-user in the next iteration.

I did try to look at the road traffic also, however I think I could get access to the airport vehicles only. I'll need to check again if I missed something.

Tried it! Love it!

Big Thanks to dukeav. That's about one of the best FS freebies I have ever seen.

Set my self up on the active Runway at FS Dreamteam KLAX with Airline Traffic set to 100% and on very high setting. On the climb out I say as low as 16FPS. Reset the flight and Started AI traffic Manager. It reports 170+ Air Aircraft and I dropped that down to 70. It deleted aircraft from about 150 miles to 10miles away. I did the same take off and climb with the same level of traffic on the ground and the lowest I say was about 22fps. I wasn't taking exact measurement but conservatively that's at least a 25% performance increase with no visual traffic volume impact at all. This along with the P3D V2.3 cloud fix has made my day:-)

I need to look deeper into simconnect to figure out the problem. What version of FSX do you have?

Hi Duke, I have the Flight Simulator X-Deluxe Edition.  I purchased this soon after the original RTM.  The only mod to it, is by adding Microsoft's SP1, and then the follow up, SP2.

Again, just for clarity to readers, your P3D (running v2.3) version worked 'right out of the package'.....only FSX was/is not playing in the sandbox, on my system. 

Thank you very much!  Working great and gained some you know whats!

Regards

Bob

I did try to look at the road traffic also, however I think I could get access to the airport vehicles only. I'll need to check again if I missed something.

I think that your first impression  is probably correct. The road traffic is part of the Living World SDK (and not AI Traffic), which appears not to be dynamic. It is controlled by LWcfg.spb. There are two copies of this file, one in the main P3d/FSX folder and another in the apps/roaming/... folder. Only the latter controls road traffic and recreational boats. One can decompile the spb file with spb2xml.exe, edit the XML version and then replace the spb version with the XML version. This is how ORBX reduced the road traffic speed with their utility. The property definitions for the road traffic do assign a weighting variable to each type of road vehicle for each sim region. It is in proplivingworld.xml:

<PropertyDef 
            name        = "EntryWeight" 
            id          = "{E53EA68D-F79F-42b2-934B-167D8C84E5DD}"          
            type        = "ULONG"
            descr		= "1-10 Relative weight for this entry. 1 is rare, 10 is common.">
        </PropertyDef>

but whether this entry for every P3d/FSX region and vehicle type can be modified while the sim is running is unlikely. And if every vehicle type is set to rare, it may have no effect, since everything is still equally weighted.

Here's the first few lines of LWcfg.xml from P3d 2.3:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0" id="LWcfg">
  <Descr>Lists objects and settings to be used by living world features</Descr>
  <Filename>LWcfg.spb</Filename>
  <LivingWorld.LivingWorldSettings>
    <LivingWorldRegion>
      <RegionID>A</RegionID>
      <RightSideDrive>true</RightSideDrive>
      <FreewayTraffic>
        <TrafficSpeed>100.000</TrafficSpeed>
        <ModelEntry>
          <ModelID>{F3B82B48-30BB-4921-8D20-BF422A0B5059}</ModelID>
          <EntryWeight>6</EntryWeight>
        </ModelEntry>
        <ModelEntry>
          <ModelID>{AFB4032B-60AC-43E5-9752-ABC04601F26C}</ModelID>
          <EntryWeight>5</EntryWeight>
        </ModelEntry>

There are ways of excluding freeway traffic from scenery rectangles using SBuilderX, but again, I'm not aware of any way to do that dynamically.

Works perfectly in FSX, I'm using FS Live Traffic from AirNav Systems. Also running ProATC, AI Controller and EFB. No problems whatsoever. Will do some more testing with lower traffic.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Will not work in my FSX Deluxe SP2 install.No interaction with SimConnect

Seem to be having the same issues as well both on FSX and P3D

Simconnect works fine with other programs and its version 10.0.61637.0

Connects and then just removes 0 - havent had 1 plane removed

From EGFF to YSSY

I wanted to clarify my earlier post about this great little app breaking VoxATC.  This observation was in error.   It does not break VoxATC.    VoxATC just breaks itself when at certain airports with no filed flightplan.  :)  Carry on!  Great program!  Thanks for the efforts!

100454.png
Captain K-Man FlightBlog Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCulqmz0zmIMuAzJvDAZPkWQ  //  Streaming on YouTube most Wednesdays and Fridays @ 6pm CST

Brian Navy

Funny, that my P3D v2.3 runs just fine.  But the same for me, as you,...in FSX.   It connects, no crashes, but no fetching...only 0's...and nothing interacts.  Weird.....  I have not had any other issue with anything that would use simconnect in FSX...so it must just be our versions do not run with Duke's FSX files as downloaded....I wonder...can you find an updated version to swap out?  Anybody?

Funny, that my P3D v2.3 runs just fine.  But the same for me, as you,...in FSX.   It connects, no crashes, but no fetching...only 0's...and nothing interacts.  Weird.....  I have not had any other issue with anything that would use simconnect in FSX...so it must just be our versions do not run with Duke's FSX files as downloaded....I wonder...can you find an updated version to swap out?  Anybody?

Its strange because the simconnect I used is from SP2, hence latest.

It appears it that newer simconnect can't connect to older FSX version, but again you seem to have FSX SP2.

Edit: Wait Wait. You guys don't have FSX Acceleration Pack?