Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

Duke,

Will you be making an announcement in the FSX Forum about this? Otherwise many might miss a valuable addition.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Duke,

Will you be making an announcement in the FSX Forum about this? Otherwise many might miss a valuable addition.

Right, will do that. Just finishing the next iteration, will post that.

Duke,

I flew south from JFK for about an hour and then FSX crashed with what appears to be a problem with Traffic Optimiser. There was a .NET error dialogue and I pasted that info into a text document followed by the full AppCrash info.

I hope it's nothing serious. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/812217/Traffic%20Manager%20Crash.txt

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Duke, unfortunately getting this exception on first try out:

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.DeleteObject(Int32 id)
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.Optimize(Int32 target)
   at AirTrafficManager.Main.BtnOptimize_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
----------------------------------------
AirTrafficManager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 11.0.50938.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
System.Core
System.Windows.Forms
System.Drawing
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34108 built by: FX45W81RTMGDR
LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect
    Assembly Version: 2.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 
FSUIPCClient
    Assembly Version: 2.4.4910.2
    Win32 Version: 2.4.4910.2

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

That's with P3D 2.3 and Traffic360.

Duke,

I flew south from JFK for about an hour and then FSX crashed with what appears to be a problem with Traffic Optimiser. There was a .NET error dialogue and I pasted that info into a text document followed by the full AppCrash info.

I hope it's nothing serious. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/812217/Traffic%20Manager%20Crash.txt

Traffic optimizer will crash if FSX crashes or exits first, this I know and needs to be fixed.

However there is not much reason for optimizer to crash FSX, at least nothing evident in the log or from my understanding. The optimizer's main affect on FSX is to delete AI Traffic, I don't think delete action should cause FSX to crash. Do you have any traffic or ATC related addons?

I have done Gatwick to Palma, 2 hrs flight in P3D without issues.

Duke, unfortunately getting this exception on first try out:

That's with P3D 2.3 and Traffic360.

Try the new one just coming up.

New version for P3D is here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_5rZp8PTz0qcFVMWGo1bl9ENG8/edit?usp=sharing

There are couple of optimizations to try and preserve traffic at departure and destination airports and verbose log option. For departure and destination optimization, you have to enter the ICAO code of the airports manually for now. If you don't anything, then it just behaves as the first version.

One of the effects for not having departure airport optimization is that if stay long enough in your departing airport, you may not see any flight landing there. This optimization fixes that. This condition mostly applies in heavily congested areas like NY airports.

Traffic optimizer will crash if FSX crashes or exits first, this I know and needs to be fixed.

However there is not much reason for optimizer to crash FSX, at least nothing evident in the log or from my understanding. The optimizer's main affect on FSX is to delete AI Traffic, I don't think delete action should cause FSX to crash. Do you have any traffic or ATC related addons?

It was a hang rather than a crash. But I left it for over 30 seconds and it didn't look like it was going to recover so I closed FSX.

I use MyTrafficX. I did have some problems with bad aircraft textures around the start of the year but Burkhard sorted those and it's been fine since. I do have Radar Contact but it wasn't running on this test flight.

It may well be a hiccup but I'm visiting Pete this weekend and we'll give it a good test on his system.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I moved my plane up to Orbx-land where my Orbx AI traffic is working and the tool worked perfectly.  It deleted 222 AI planes. 

Now if I can figure out what's going on with the rest of my blasted AI.... <_<

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Right, will do that. Just finishing the next iteration, will post that.

Duke...it is working..BUT...it reports in the first 1 minute, that it was deleting a flight 5395 miles out!!!!.  Now it is reporting viewing the window as I type, that 

Last Count: 152

Last Deleted: 2

Farthest Deleted: 83 miles

Nearest Deleted 79 miles.

It seems to be working, but in the first minute...a flight over 5,000 miles away? LOLOL

Thanks for all your work...and thanks to Pete D., that gave you that pointer..and solution...

Mitch

Well done! That works.

target count = 15

Last count = 89

Last deleted = 74

Farthest deleted = 3750 miles

Nearest deleted = 24 miles

I am suspicious of that "3750 miles". That's way outside any "bubble" where AI will be generated. As the SDK says, the max range is 200000 meters, or 200 Km. Maybe the code computing the distance needs to be checked?

Incidentally, I was wrong earlier about the "reality bubble". In FSX I think it's about 80 nm, not 80 km -- so about 130 km.  The 200km limit stated in the P3D SDK leads me to believe it might be extended in P3D. I recently reduced the FSUIPC AI table scan to only look as far as 40 nm (about 65 km), because that's the limit of TCAS which is the only real purpose of the FSUIPC traffic tables.

Pete

Duke...it is working..BUT...it reports in the first 1 minute, that it was deleting a flight 5395 miles out!!!!.  Now it is reporting viewing the window as I type, that 

Last Count: 152

Last Deleted: 2

Farthest Deleted: 83 miles

Nearest Deleted 79 miles.

It seems to be working, but in the first minute...a flight over 5,000 miles away? 

Ah, I wonder if your initially loaded flight is far away from your actual selected start  Maybe some AI is generated which is still awaiting removal when you move to the actual flying position.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

For users of Electronic Flight Bag I'm wondering if this utility might help with Ai failing to be displayed in the latter stages of flights because SimConnect has become choked with data.

Given the large number of Ai being deleted it gives me hope. Sorry for thread drift. Fingers crossed.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am suspicious of that "3750 miles". That's way outside any "bubble" where AI will be generated. As the SDK says, the max range is 200000 meters, or 200 Km. Maybe the code computing the distance needs to be checked?

Incidentally, I was wrong earlier about the "reality bubble". In FSX I think it's about 80 nm, not 80 km -- so about 130 km.  The 200km limit stated in the P3D SDK leads me to believe it might be extended in P3D. I recently reduced the FSUIPC AI table scan to only look as far as 40 nm (about 65 km), because that's the limit of TCAS which is the only real purpose of the FSUIPC traffic tables.

Pete

Yes, the distance is wrong in the first delete cycle, needs to be fixed.

I see now 40nm limit in FSUIPC. First I had tired to use FSUIPC to get AI Traffic, but then I realized that it was not returning all the traffic.

Really slick tool! You have to think that this puts a whole other spin on that percent slider.  Instead of thinking about an ethereal %, you can think about the actual number of AI airplanes you want to show.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Awesome work Duke that latest FSX version is working for me now! Cleared 204 around KSFO with furthest at 6915nm :)

From EGFF to YSSY

Awesome work Duke that latest FSX version is working for me now! Cleared 204 around KSFO with furthest at 6915nm :)

Ah, there's a clue to the large furthest distance:

6915 nm is distance between KSFO and 0,0 (lat,long)

Looks likes someone is dumping AI planes at 0,0 ;)