Sign in to follow this  
dukeav

Traffic Optimizer for P3D

The FSX-SP2 version is the latest and it works with P3D also. I am no longer updating the P3D one.

Hi Duke - just a small suggestion. Maybe you could change the name of the latest release to indicate it works in FSX and P3D. Might avoid some confusion.

It goes in FSUIPC4.ini which is in your Modules subfolder. Edit the file with Notepad and add the line under the category:

[Programs] 

Run1=CLOSE,"S:\Software\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe"

This bracketed section may or may not already be present. If for some reason, that doesn't work properly, you might want to try:

[Programs] 

Runif1=READY,CLOSE,"S:\Software\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe","S:\Software\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe"

Consult this FSUIPC User's Manual for more details on these commands.

Thankyou  sir ..very kind of you.

steve

You're welcome. Note that the 2nd option has a typo and should only have the filename once.

Hey guys,

I can't tell if the program is running or not.  Am I correct in my assumption that in order to run the latest version, I have to add the line (with my path of course) mentioned above in my FSUIPC.ini's file.

All I have is this in FSUIPC's ini file

[Programs]

Runif1=READY,CLOSE,"E:\Utilities\Tools\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe"

But I am unable to see the GUI for the app - for example if I want to change the number of airplanes from 100 to something else.  Or the only way to change is editing the app's config file?

Thanks,

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

E:\Utilities\Tools\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager\AirTrafficManager.exe

That path looks odd. A folder within a folder with the same name. That's probably the problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would guess if there's no GUI, then it's not running. Try either Process Explorer or the the Windows task manager and look to see if the EXE file is listed as running. I assume that if you run the sim, then start TO manually, TO runs fine.

That path looks odd. A folder within a folder with the same name. That's probably the problem.

Heh heh, good catch.

No, that is the path, I created an additional directory, and was well Lazy about to fixing it.

Checking on ProcessExplorer, and running the App by default, I am definitely getting an error - WerFault shows up and exits.

I am running Windows 8.1 though.

Though the older versions were working perfectly normal.

PS - My antivirus and malware detection has been set to off prior to running the app and p3d

And it looks like the app requires Visual C++ Redistributables - I have all from 2005 - 2013 (x86 ans x64) versions installed

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hello Duke!

App doesn't start on one of PCs. Both Win 8.1. On first AirTrafficManager starts and work with no problem. On the other it doesn't show up the GUI and the process disappears from the Task manager list after several seconds of running.  No error messages.

Here is Windows log:

Application: AirTrafficManager.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException
Stack:
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at AirTrafficManager.My.MyApplication.Main(System.String[])

================================

Faulting application name: AirTrafficManager.exe, version: 1.3.0.0, time stamp: 0x5432caef
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17055, time stamp: 0x532943a3
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x00011d4d
Faulting process id: 0xb24
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfe8c3ff9166e8
Faulting application path: D:\FSX\Modules\AirTraff\AirTrafficManager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 3d75e2d7-54b7-11e4-8294-1c6f65951907
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

===============================

Fault bucket 94607751298, type 5
Event Name: CLR20r3
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: AirTrafficManager.exe
P2: 1.3.0.0
P3: 5432caef
P4: AirTrafficManager
P5: 1.3.0.0
P6: 5432caef
P7: d
P8: c6
P9: System.InvalidOperationException
P10: 

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

I suspect you might be running into the same issue I had when I installed it on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit yesterday.  It might be a simconnect problem.

I already had simconnect.msi (version 10.0.61259.0) installed previously and the manager appeared to not load or work.

As a trial I installed simconnect.msi (version 10.0.61242) and the manager worked correctly.  For some reason it does not work with the normal P3D 2.4 simconnect.

You can find the different simconnects in \Your\P3D Folder\Redist.  There are three versions in that folder.  Try it, it might work.

Yeah, I have installed the MS simconnect (long time ago) - and it does not fix the problem.  All the old versions worked full.  Isn't the app FSUIPC based?

It uses both simconnect and FSUIPC. Can you try installing the 3 simconnect versions from the P3d redist folder and try again?

Also can you try the older P3D only version? If that runs then maybe that gives us a clue.

For some reason it does not work with the normal P3D 2.4 simconnect.

My system is FSX only (Win8.1 x64), GOLD edition, SP2 I suppose. Reinstalling SP2 simconnect didn't help.

But... after reinstall of SP1 simconnect from P3D redist folder now it works. Seems AirTraffMan doesn't like newer versions of simconnect.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

My system is FSX only (Win8.1 x64), GOLD edition, SP2 I suppose. Reinstalling SP2 simconnect didn't help.

But... after reinstall of SP1 simconnect from P3D redist folder now it works. Seems AirTraffMan doesn't like newer versions of simconnect.

It's built against SP1 version for maximum compatibility.

Ideally all simconnect versions should be registered by P3D/FSX installations, but sometimes it does not happen I guess.