Sign in to follow this  
Keven Menard

[Announcement] Alpha 2

Last Edited: April 29th, 2017

Hey Everyone!

The last 3 weeks have been great. ChasePlane is getting better and better in great part because of you, the community. Since the Alpha program started Nov. 1st, we released 35 updates, fixing issues reported by the community and adding new features to the platform. 

As November comes to an end, we're closing in on a feature-freeze for Alpha 1. That means that we will not be adding new features or fixing non-critical issues until Alpha 2. Some users are still experiencing critical issues with Keyboards, Controllers and with overall performance. We're continuing the work to figure those out and will update as required.

Here's what you can expect by the end of April as part of Alpha 2:

1. TrackIR integration
  2. Performance improvements
  3. Reorder presets by writing the desired index directly
  4. Saveable presets in Static Mode
  5. Massive improvements on the In-Sim View Selector (+ fix for pointing devices & for HiDPI displays)
  6. Control over the sim's built-in views
  7. Transfer of preset shortcuts when importing from other aircraft
  8. Camera control while in Cinematic Mode
  9. Transition time option per preset
  10. Engine turbulence from inside the cockpit (open canopies)
  11. Virtual doors and walls (Moved to post-v1)
  12. Contextual menu in ChasePlane to edit presets
  13. Customizable information overlay including VAS usage, currently loaded preset, save status etc. (Moved to post-v1)
  14. Experimental Community features
  15. Simulation Rate support (Moved to post-v1)
  16. Sticky Mouse-Look option
  17. Slew Mode detection
  18. Built-in Spot View support (P3D v3)
  19. Double-Tap key assignments (Moved to post-v1)
  20. Option to minimize to taskbar 
  21. Saved Window position
  22. Scroll zoom
  23. Hidden cursor when mouse wheel is pressed and moving
  24. Key Assignments Enable/Disable (Moved to post-v1)
  25. Importable camera definitions (built into most aircraft) (Moved to post-v1)

Thanks to everyone for their incredible feedback, ChasePlane has already gotten much better because of you and will continue to improve to be the best camera add-on available.

Keep those feedbacks comin'!

Best Regards,
Keven

• Upvote 3

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

wow, that list..great stuff!

The way you guys are doing this public alpha is absolutely commendable. Other payware devs should take note!

Hi, could FSFX recommend a video (pls provide links) explaining the basics of the use of Chase Plane?.

Thanks. Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi, could FSFX recommend a video (pls provide links) explaining the basics of the use of Chase Plane?.

Thanks. Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed,

All those videos are featured on the product page already

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ok, yes, I know, but are they still current with Alpha 1?.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Ok, yes, I know, but are they still current with Alpha 1?.

Yes, not much has changed

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes, not much has changed

Understood. Thanks!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

That's great news! Thank you so much! 

I see that TrackIR is first on the list, which is great as I think is what most people are missing most. I haven't tried the workaround yet as I prefer to wait for the official support.

Does putting it first on the list means that we could possibly that feature much before the end of January? :)

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

It's first on the list so people can stop asking for it hahaha

We have someone dedicated for this specific task but we cannot give you a time estimate for it.

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I see that TrackIR is first on the list, which is great as I think is what most people are missing most.

Really? :) Where can we see the results of related polls? Actually, it is the only item on the list that is useful only for a fragment of users. Please, don't speak for others as you can only speculate what others might consider important or marginal ;)
  • Upvote 3

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

Actually, it is the only item on the list that is useful only for a fragment of users.

It is the main item missing that keeps folk using it's competitors product and TrackIR users make up far more than a fragment of users, if you had followed the threads on Chaseplanes release you would know this.

• Upvote 2

It is the main item missing that keeps folk using it's competitors product and TrackIR users make up far more than a fragment of users, if you had followed the threads on Chaseplanes release you would know this.

I've been watching this thread for a while now.  I'm very impressed with what I saw on Froogle but if there's no Track IR support then it's a 100% deal breaker for me.  I'd be moving forward in interface design but backwards in usefulness.  This is why I haven't bought the Alpha.

Jack Sawyer

I've been watching this thread for a while now.  I'm very impressed with what I saw on Froogle but if there's no Track IR support then it's a 100% deal breaker for me.  I'd be moving forward in interface design but backwards in usefulness.  This is why I haven't bought the Alpha.

It is clearly stated that TIR support is being worked on

It is clearly stated that TIR support is being worked on

Thanks Erich, I saw that, I was responding to the other guy.  If it will work with Track IR and be as good as I saw on Froogle's demo then I would buy it right now if it was a complete product.  It's way easier to use than that kludgy other one I use.  It's forever crashing and it has the most annoying interface of any program I own.

Chase Plane looks elegant in its simplicity.  The user interface alone is worth price of admission.  I can't wait till its finished but I fear it won't be for a long while yet.

Jack Sawyer