Sign in to follow this  
Captain Caveman

Who are you ?

Guest iflyc77

Buncha old men here, lol jk Trace Lewis - 15, Sophmore in collge, student glider pilot (own my own glider) and "almost private gldier pilot and power student" (Turn 16 11/28/06) with something like 7,000 hours on MSFS since FS4 and try to fly the Queen on the long flights when I can, but I just dont have much free time anymore, so I do shorter more GA flights.

Hi.34, Architec but now trying to become an ATC in Spain.Enought FS hours to keep my wife happy :-bigangel. Right now learning to fly the Level-D 767.Regards

Hola Juan and everybody,I am 45, and I am an architect too. Some years ago I also wanted to go into ATC, but they (AENA) had an age limit of 28, so it wasn't possible. At 20 I obtained my PPL, but I have not an active license today, perhaps some day I will be back to real flight...I discovered FS9 only one year ago. (My wife thinks it was a bad day) My favourites: IFDG A319+PSS panel, and above all PMDG-737-700 !!!Saludos from Pontevedra (Spain)Jose Luis.

i think this should be a "brag about your job" thread :) just kidding..im 23 (24 next month!) i work in accounts but someday i hope to complete all my licenses and become an apprentice binman! .. live the dream!

>I am 45, and I am an architect too. Some years ago I also>wanted to go into ATC, but they (AENA) had an age limit of 28,>so it wasn't possible. Hi Jose Luis. The age limit is not restrictive. In fact, I know there are some students with more than 30, and there is one with 38 that passed the 2004 "Convocatoria". It's true that if you are older than 28 makes it more difficult, but not impossible, so I will keep trying.Regards

I am a 34-year-old South Africa trained doctor who threw away my degree to study complimentary medicine in Canada and have returned back to Cape Town South Africa, where I own a natural health school and run a diatary supplement company. RegardsAnthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

Guest jplieben

I'm 45, been simming since 1984, when I got Sublogic FS, and Jet for my Apple IIc. Been a PMDG customer since the 757 for FLY II.I like how simming allows me the chance to keep my skills up. I have no formal training that counts as hours in a logbook. My longtime friend, now a 747-400 captain for a US major airline, used to drag me along quite a bit when he was flying night freight. I have hundreds of hours in the right seat, but he never had to get his instructor's rating to build time, so none of the lessons he's given me, or the hours I've flown as PIC count.Jim Liebenstein

Guest glide

32 years old Customs officer Heathrow. Many hours with the QOTS get to rummage around the real versions of most of my favorite -400 liverys each day.Fynn

Fun topic,Just turned 40! x( Trying to make a living as a software developer. Mechanical engineeer by education. I've had computers for a hobby since my mid teens and that's where I've aquired my programming skills.Been around FS since subLogic but active in the community since 2k2. Part of the PMDG and HiFiSim beta teams, as I'm sure most of you are aware.

>42 Lithographic printer.>Phill Irwin48 Another printer. Been simming since 93.Bill

Hi, "Old" people were all once your age.... ;( So just be pleased that you have wisely chosen an engrossing hobby, able to attract people from all ages and walks of life as you have just shown with your post. The quality of the H/W and S/W comming onto the market today makes us more mature simmers envy you your simming future. Have fun and learn.Regards,Gustav. Oh bye the way I'm 72 and retired from Government Service. I actively participate in online flying and thoroghly enjoy all the PMDG creations. (can't wait till they are upgraded for FSX.) First saw FS.Ver.1 on an Apple Mac which I could never have afforded, fortunately very shortly it became available on the PC. I was smitten, and have bought every single version since! G. :-violin

I turned 18 last August 19 ( same birthday as Orville Wright). I am a full time student at Southern Illinois University and am in the aviation flight program. my major is aviation flight. this is my first year. i did my first solo flight 2 fridays ago, it was one of the greatest days of my life! i am working to get my commerical certificate with a instrument and multi rating in the program. i plan on joining the navy after college then hopefully become an airline pilot. i have been simming since FS2000 and have entered the world of addons and the community in Fs2002. I pretty much only fly the PMDG744, but also a little LD767Adam K

Reired ATC, age 66 and holder of a CPL.First got hooked on flight simming with the Sub-Logic B747 and FS 2000. Now and avid PMDG fan concentrating on the B737NG with some 400 hours up. When I feel that I can operates the B737 (especially landings)to a consistent satisfactory standard, I will move myself into the right hand seat of the B747 QOTS.NeilYPAD

Hi,39, Lead Software/Systems Engineer for Northrop Grumman (specializing in UNIX server Integration). God, if I could only get MSFS to run natively on on a Sparc processor.First flight-sim was in 1983 (16 y/o) during lunch-breaks at a summer-job on an 8088 Allen-Bradley industrial controler/processor. (Sublogic 2?) Loaded off two 5-1/4 in disks and took most of my 1/2-hour lunch break to load and start the game. The big trick was to get the 172 between the two sticks representing the world trade center towers. By the end of that summer, I could do it!In the early nineties, my favorite was Sublogic ATP Transport. See PMDG, its always been about the big-irons! I played that friggin game for more than a year. Big fold-out airway charts taped to the wall. It was so-far ahead of its time.Got into MSFS before the release of Windows '95 (FS5?), and been with it ever since. Although Fly-I, II and Flight-Unlimited I, II, & III were in there somewhere too. Never could get into X-plane though...Two mariages and three kids later, now here I am, trying to find friggin whales and elephants.When I grow-up, I'm gonna be a pilot too, LOL!

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE