Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

18MAY07 - General Updates

Hi,Thanks for the news update, I think I can say we all appreciate it. But can you give a specific estimate as to the frame rate hit running the 747-400X? For example if your running 100FPS with default aircraft expect to see 50FPS etc... Also have you managed to get the mouse scroll wheel working on the MCP ALT/HDG/SPD windows in the uber-cool VC? It takes ages to change heading clicking! (and it's a bit jerky.) :(Thanks Again!Quiller

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

As the 744X code is still in development, being optimized, etc, we're not gonna comment on performance just yet.The VC mousewheel thing is an FS limitation related to how we build our VCs and probably will not change. I'll ask though.

>We have mentioned that the PMDG 747-400X for FSX is going into>beta testing (it's actually going into beta testing next week,>but don't tell anyone...) and we are hoping for a relatively>short beta period, depending upon how QA goes. We've had a>number of requests for information on pricing and new>features- I'll see if we can't compile that information for>publication in the next week or so... Thanks for the info Robert. I can't wait to get my hands on the plane once it's released for FSX. First I've got to find the money for it.

Hi,pretty interesting that not a single word has been lost about the A320. Guess it's scrubbed due to the strong competiton (which obviously makes a lot sense from an economical point of view)?Kind RegardsJan Schreiber

>Hi,>>pretty interesting that not a single word has been lost about>the A320. >>Guess it's scrubbed due to the strong competiton (which>obviously makes a lot sense from an economical point of>view)?>>Kind Regards>>Jan SchreiberYou would be wise not to jump to conclusions on this... We've just decided after the MD-11 not to post up product pages for things we know aren't going to be out for a good while. Do not take that to mean we've scrubbed anything.

Jan-Did you mean "strong" competition? Or did you mean "market clutter?"None of what we've seen go to market or announced for market looks like strong competition... Looks like "more of the same" to me. :-)

Robert,Thank you for your update. Glad to hear that things are picking up at PMDG. Can't wait to try out the 747-400X (not to mention the 737NGX down the line:-) )Raymond

>None of what we've seen go to market or announced for market>looks like strong competition... Looks like "more of the same">to me. :-)>>If you are referring to the AXP A320, go get your eyes checked.

Hello All:Small error on the website -- your prices are listed in pounds -- with the pound symbol instead of the $. Aren't all your prices in USD?Sorry if someone caught it before me ;)

I just tried to buy the MCP Pro interface at PMDG's website, but got rejected because all prices displayed on the website are in EUROS rather than USD and I was rejected because of an "incorrect" currency code. (I've emailed tech support separately but then saw this thread.)Pounds, Euros, no US dollars....what's going on here ?!Jonathan

With the new web site comes a change (no pounds - dunno where that was seen?) - all our prices are now quoted in Euros. You should have no problems purchasing items though - the credit card charge should go through without a hitch.Just let us know through support@ if that's not the case.

As long as I keep posting anonymously, my posts will be edited and/or deleted.

Eric,Stop. That topic is off limits and no, I did not make the rule. Anything related to PMDG business decisions is subject for immediate deletion. This is a product support forum, not a place to debate how our business is run.

Could you guys simply explain the $ to Euro change? Please?

>Jan->>Did you mean "strong" competition? Or did you mean "market>clutter?">>None of what we've seen go to market or announced for market>looks like strong competition... Looks like "more of the same">to me. :-)>>Balls :-bang Golli.

>Hi,>>Thanks for the news update, I think I can say we all>appreciate it. But can you give a specific estimate as to the>frame rate hit running the 747-400X? For example if your>running 100FPS with default aircraft expect to see 50FPS>etc... Also have you managed to get the mouse scroll wheel>working on the MCP ALT/HDG/SPD windows in the uber-cool VC? It>takes ages to change heading clicking! (and it's a bit jerky.)>:(>>Thanks Again!>Quiller>I on the other hand urge PMDG to keep the: left click=Counter clock and right click=clock wise method as is!! I've even urged other developers to do the same. I hate having to look for the + and - clickspots. Golli.

That won't be changing Golli.

Andy-This change took place before the website change... You can see in the the "Why not FS9" thread my answer to Brandon's similar question. It should answer your question.In accordance with our long standing policy- no discussion of our business policies will be entertained. I appreciate your cooperation in that regard.

"None of what we've seen go to market or announced for market looks like strong competition..."Robert, I've been a strong supporter of PMDG for 4 years now but I frankly find the above comment a bit disappointing...Of the forthcoming A320 releases, I see a lot of promise, and to term what has been shown as 'market clutter' simply comes across as petty. Sorry to say it!Please understand that I have a lot respect for you and the company, but the same dismissive comment could have been made of the pre-release marketing for any of PMDG's aircraft, and yet we all know how great they turned out to be, market leaders every one of them!Upon release, ground breaking products speak for themselves above almost all marketing, as you know from personal experience. If your A320 is the best on the table when all the releases are done then hats off to you, you'll have my custom, but your comment suggests an uncharcteristic attitude towards the 'competition' where previously you have shown diplomacy and tact that a lot of others in this industry could learn from.Not having a 'go' here, just hoping to restore some balance!CheersMark

Mark!Yes- you got me. :-) (Stop laughing, Ryan!)My comment was actually intended to be a sarcastic opinion to the effect that there are something to the tune of...erm...9 A320 products coming along? (ie: very crowded field but ours will certainly be in the top tier, so we ARE the strong competition!)But I do see how it wasn't as funny if you didn't get my joke. FWIW: Ryan jumped on me (with both jack-boots on!) because I apparently lit a fire-storm of controversy with some folks who thought I was lobbing an insult... I thought he was being over-sensitive (since I knew what I meant, after all, and i'm generally pretty well known to speak very highly of good products on the market- no matter WHO produced it!)but you backed up his point perfectly- so apparently he was right....(Sorry, Ryan!)At any rate- whatever came across wasn't the intended message. I stand corrected!

Fair enough Robert, I appreciate your response, as will others I'm sure.No hard feelings I trust! :-)As for the MD-11 FSX decision, it mightn't suit me personally, but I think you've justified your basis for the decision perfectly.Personally, I'm sticking with FS9 until I can afford the hardware to run FSX with higher frames than I get staring at a newspaper. Rest assured when that day comes I'll be into that MD-11 faster than you can say 'bat', which is of course, the fastest word you can say... (extra points to those who can work out whose joke I just stole)All the best, I'll be watching with interest!

Robert, I think the reason for the initial post about competition is because the strongest competition is slated for release within the next couple of months, which everyone believes will be a lot before the PMDG release, thus reducing the market for an FSX A320.Best Regards,Robin Bilgil

Mark-No, no hard feelings! You "called me out" on a point where I was obviously mistaken. And, honestly- I appreciated the fact that you commented that I don't make a habit of throwing mud- it is a general principle around PMDG that we don't get into that. (At least- we don't intentionally...)When you get around to FSX, I think you'll like the MD, Mark. It's a fantastic airplane!

>RULE 12 VIOLATION>>Please take the time to read the forum rules. They are pinned>at the top of the PMDG forum. I read and I can affirm that I didnt offend nobody...I just want from you guys a good, not a marketing, decision to do not make your fs9 costumers a favor?Why???Its not gonna hurt....Please...we are begin to have a good MD11 in fs9...and you guys are our last hope! Reconsider!Remember that we are supporting your company for a long time....and we are asking for 1 favor, just 1!*****************Hi.No, you did not offend anyone. Rule 12 simply requires people who post in the PMDG forum to sign with at least their real first name. We do appreciate your desire to have the PMDG MD11 produced for FS9. However, as Robert stated in his "Why FS9" post (which is pinned at the top of this forum), due to the differences between the two simulators (FS9 and FSX), producing the same product for two platforms (especially one of which will no longer be used by 95% of flight simmers within a year's time) is simply not practical from a development or support perspective.Best,Vin ScimonePMDG