Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robham3

Future Projects - Just Some Food For Thought.....

Guest Robham3

Hello:Very nice work on the MD-11. Perhaps the next project you should consider is the 717 as it and the MD-11 use a common avionics system, also, while we're on the subject of Tri-Jets, I believe an L-1011 Tristar would be a very welcome addition to the community. Hope I've peaked your interest.

I'd very much agree with the idea of a 717 sim at some point. I'd like to see a PMDG DC-9 too for comparison!The L-1011 is a technically very interesting airliner too. Very advanced for its day with an early FMS, direct lift control, etc.It will be a long while before any such project could see the light of day with the products already announced to be developed and released first.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

So you've guys already thought about it. Hmm. What other little tricks to you all have up your sleeve.

>to the community. Hope I've peaked your interest..............................^^^^^^PIQUED your interest. :DThe 717 is a neat aircraft, I think.RhettFS box: E8500 (@ 3.80 ghz), AC Freezer 7 Pro, ASUS P5E3 Premium, BFG 8800GTX 756 (nVidia 169 WHQL), 4gb DDR3 1600 Patriot Cas7 7-7-7-20 (2T), PC Power 750, WD 150gb 10000rpm Raptor, Seagate 500gb, Silverstone TJ09 case, Vista Ultimate 64ASX Client: AMD 3700+ (@ 2.6 ghz), 7800GT

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Robham3

If I could talk to someone at Lockheed for you would you consider it?

Guest XM DUDE

I would think the 717/MD-90 would be the next logical choice being no one has done a good one and that too would be ideal for short hops in VATSIM.Michael P.

>How about a Boeing 777-200/300I second that. Thats what I have been dreaming about. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE pmdg.

Guest mariner75

A T7 would be great along with a 717. Both are Boeing so the chance of seeing them are pretty good. IMO I don't think we will see the A320 that PMDG said they were going to make only because of licensing issue. Clearly PMDG has a deal with Boeing to get information about their airplanes. I would personally rather see a 717 first since I think it could be "easier" than a T7 since they just did the MD-11 which has a very similar cockpit to a 717. Well I guess time will only tell what they do next after the 737X. I have plenty of time to wait since I am an armchair pilot and always will be.Jared

>If I could talk to someone at Lockheed for you would you>consider it?It's all about connections...:-) KFreire.

I bet it will be like 8 years before the t7 is released, if they ever announce it. Don't worry pmdg your addons are great and I would buy any that you put out.

Guest jbos

Sorry guys, but minor aircraft like 717 are probably not on the head of the list for someone like pmdg who puts the effort in to make a truly superb aircraft esp in the FMC area. Probably better for the freeware market, or a small commercial producer making something that "hasn't really been done yet". The 737-ng, 777, airbusses, and 787 make the most sense for pmdg right now.

I personally hope that they do something retro at some stage in the distant future. I have to say that I feel it when I go to spot aircraft nowadays and all you see are quiet effecient airbuses, boeings!! We can't forget superb aircraft like the 722 and the MD80 etc. But I fear that relatively soon the only place we'll get to enjoy these birds is in the sim. I think that any aircraft no matter what it is, whether its a favorite of yours or not, that is completed to the exacting standards of PMDG will be a joy.George