Sign in to follow this  
Guest Robham3

Future Projects - Just Some Food For Thought.....

My vote (?) is still for the CRJ-700. Only PMDG could do it justice.Art StuartKABQ

Guest WEA-JHD

Personally i'd love to see a fully functional Fokker 50, it's a classic turbo prop which certainly deserves to be made properly in Flightsim :)Other than that i'd hope for a Boeing 777, but i doubt that will happen in the forseeable futureKind regardsJan

>>I thought thier "Express" product would be an going thing>>with an emphasis on smaller commuter planes but so far the>>Beech 1900 is the only one available. Personally I would>love>>to see the PMDG version of the ATR. >>There's something in the works for Express actually - can't>say anything specific just yet, but it's very cool.That's brilliant news indeed. Looking forward to it. Hmmm...wonder what it could be.

guys, keep in mind it will be an "express". probably won't be a big airliner then. i really hope it will be the Caravan. we need the Caravan for FSX!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

i really hope it will be the Caravan. we need the Caravan for FSX!
I think if Caravan comes it won't come from PMDG, it would be unlikely choice of aircraft for them. And the G1000 cockpit of Caravan makes it even less likely. I would think Flight1 would be in a much better position to deliver the Caravan - they are now developing some advanced G1000 avionics plus it would fit perfectly in their line of products.

I think if Caravan comes it won't come from PMDG, it would be unlikely choice of aircraft for them. And the G1000 cockpit of Caravan makes it even less likely. I would think Flight1 would be in a much better position to deliver the Caravan - they are now developing some advanced G1000 avionics plus it would fit perfectly in their line of products.
i was more thinking old fashioned analogue gauges like the B1900C. great plane to fly around on short cross country flights. island hopping etc. would be alot of fun.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Guest icecone

Boeing 777s would be really greatWhat I want most is Airbus A320 or A330We have nice Boeings and MDs now and it's time for Airbuses!

i was more thinking old fashioned analogue gauges
I haven't done any marketing studies but I would venture to guess there is much less demand now for analog cockpits among the simmers (which is BTW reflected by the current/future line of products), would be a very tough sell.

How about a GOOD bizjet for flightsim?Global Express? (With the brand spanking new cockpit)GV?PaulPS. Can you expand on the "licensing issues" with Lockheed?
Paul, dont know for Lockheed but licensing in simmarket is something everytime the developpers have to watch out and Boeing if you pay of course (some years ago it was 10.000 USD for a product) and they let you do the product not saying this is a full Boeing product of course but giving you prima infos that sometimes are not easy to find ... but you ll never see the name Boeing on a software product even licensed ???!!!now for Gulfstream you can even dream about a real product released in the same way as PMDG did but no way they ll let you do that ... i worked in deep wiht Gulfstream sales and gave me all the datas i wanted but no way to release it with legal endorsments ... so you have to live with some products on the free market and some able to release the product but now without full perfs datas ...not an esay life but in the same time this is only simulation not the real life...!!!

Guest GAMER

I vote C-17 or some buisness jet like the Falcon 500 would be cool.Michael P.

Guest kanoasurf

My bit, but first of all please bear in mind when reading my comment that any, any aircraft from PMDG (even a glider!) will do it for me. Basically because its quality brings the experience of flying closer to the real thing than anyone else.Level-D 767 is good but now it is obvious that is getting a bit out of day when compared with PMDG. ATR 72 is still very good and it falls in the props category which is good but is not competing with the jets though.So, PMDG have now two (or four if you consider the cargo versions) beautifully modeled long haul aircrafts (747 + MD11 that should cover the basic needs of simmers with long hours available for those trips (I'm jealus... :( ). It has been made clear that the 737 will be rebuild to bring it to the actual standards, great!. So my preference then would be the Airbus (320/19) or the whole series if that is more practical due to the similarities, whatever... The reason is more pragmatic than anything else: to get close to the real thing most PMDG customers try to fly real flight-plans. The process of getting them ready, setting the simulator up accordingly, whether, on-line thing etc... takes about 30-60 minutes. If the fly last between 1-2 hors, that means about 3 hours per flight. That is very often the most that many of us with work family etc can afford during the week. Between the 737 and the Airbus we would have covered the largest range of flights that would fit in that time around the world, more than with any other aircraft combination. So there is the reason why I would like to see the Bus after the new 737 as the next PMDG product. As you can see is just a very pragmatic approach based on the best "value" you can get if you know what I meant.If I just let my imagination flies... blo*dy hell! I want all of the already mentioned!!!! that's for sure!Anyway, many thanks for reading it.CheersAntonio

Guest Steven Stratton
Hello:Very nice work on the MD-11. Perhaps the next project you should consider is the 717 as it and the MD-11 use a common avionics system, also, while we're on the subject of Tri-Jets, I believe an L-1011 Tristar would be a very welcome addition to the community. Hope I've peaked your interest.
I know that this will be clich

I second that!Xsimulate stopped working on a DC-10 unfortunatly,so it would be great if PMDG could pick it up again in a co-development group :).
They really stopped? This would be very unfortunate! I was looking forward having a top quality classic heavy with a flight engineer on the flight deck. Too bad really :(Markus

Markus Burkhard