Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

Captain Sim is having a great FS9 sale!

In case you haven't heard, CS is having a great sale on FS9 products.I really wanted the C-130 but could not justify the cost at the time it was first released. Nobody can argue that it is a visually stunning model with more animations and variations you can shake a stick at.When I saw that you could get the KC-130 for 5.99, I naturally jumped on it right away.After reading the KC-130 product page, I made the assumption that I would actually get this all this with my purchase:The 'KC' model is available in the following variations:

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest AOA

Hi SteveThanks for the headsup on the 130.It`s a shame though as I only allow a payware developer to burn me once before they are a nogo zone.In this case it would be their 727.Pete

I didnt even realize you could get the model without the interior. I already had the C-130 which I really like and yesterday I added the AC130 and the KC130 and the T model with the JATO effects. It was a great deal for a great Airplane.

Guest Pilotdave2006

I can't get over 7 frames on any Captain Sim plane and I don't know why.I have emailed them like 20 times and I get no reply. I would love for there planes to work. Just switching views lags down to 3 Frames.

Guest kombi

The Avsim forum is full of bad stories about Capt Sim. I bought the 707 and was bitterly disappointed. I'm still upset (two years later) that I fell for their marketing. Definately no substance.Mike

I'm sorry you guys are having a bad time with your Captain Sim planes. I have the C-130 package with a few extras as well as the 707 and the F-104 and I enjoy flying them all. I thought the explanation of the limits of what you get when you buy were clear enough, but if others don't think they are, then it should be made clearer. On the other hand, they are lowering (some) prices which few other companies are doing. The majority of FS9 add-ons are still being sold at premium. Some places are making a big ho0t about "10% off! Buy now!", Captain Sim has lowered some prices by 50%.Can't speak for the forums because some glitch prevents me from getting access to join so I can't post, only read. Mind you, I have seen several responses to questions from staff in their forums that bordered on rude. If someone asks a tech question, I've seen the mods lock the thread on sight and merely post "Go read our tech page" or something like that. Not very gentlemanly.I'm looking forward to the updated versions of the 707 & C-130 for FSX. They're supposed to do the F-104 as well, that's my baby. For now though, I'm going to get the AC-130 expansion for my C-130 package. $9.99 down from $19.99. Love it. If more companies lowered prices like that I'd be buying much more stuff.

>I'm looking forward to the updated versions of the 707 & C-130>for FSX. They're supposed to do the F-104 as well, that's my>baby. Enjoy your C-130 expansions in FS9 for the great price, because you'll be paying again to fly them in FSX. CS just announced that the FSX upgrade for their most popular (and complete) aircraft will NOT be free.All the others (you know, the ones that still need patches and "Blocks" to make them complete or function as highly advertised) will have free updates....eventually.Interesting enough, the FSX version of the 757 (for the blocks they've released) was released today with absolutely no fanfare and not even an announcement on their main page.I would think that after all the bad things I've read on their forums recently about constant delays and deceiving marketing techniques, they would be announcing this to the entire world.When you get to the upgrade page, they put this interesting note there:"Please note, the 757 was originally developed for FS9, so all FSX upgrades basically provide a transfer of original graphics and functionality 'as is' from FS9 expansion to the FSX with all reasonably possible modifications. Due to difference between FS9 and FSX engines some of FS9 version features do not work in FSX version. But some of the new FSX additional features are functional."Anyone care to guess what that could possibly mean? Since there is no release notes anywhere to be found before you download it (or purchase it if you don't have the 757 already), there is no way to know what "FS9 version features do not work in FSX."I'm eagerly waiting to see how it works in FSX, because I can't imagine what they've done to make it compatible and still packed with all those custom animations.I'm not "Holding my breath" for if it ever gets released, but since they quoted:"Our best men have beed working hard on the guaranteed FREE 757 FSX upgrades for more than 3 weeks by now. So all I'd add in terms of the release dates, is that udgrades of our existing FS9 products to FSX will significally delay all new products (including Block F) releases. We'd LOVE to drop all FSX related development and get concentrated on FS9 only, but it's time to move forward." ... I can't see how they'll get Block F done before this year. And the real kicker is that after almost a year of sidestepping any release dates or even "HIGHLY APPROXIMATE ESTIMATES", they haven't decided if they'll even produce it for FS9 now! (If you can believe that!)Imagine that, waiting all this time, buying all those Blocks, expecting to one day get to fly a complete package in the version of FS that the plane was developed in, then to have CS say:"Good question, tho development for the both FS are similar but still different, so most likely we'll release the Block F for the most popular FS first, then (if that will make any commercial sence by that time) we release Block F for another FS. My personal bet is FSX first then FS9 (if any)."If any? Huh? If that will make any commercial sense? Whaa? If I had purchased all the blocks (thank goodness I had a moment of sanity back when it was released and decided to wait for the complete package), and now was being told that they might not even release it for the version I fly, well....I know how all those customers are feeling right about now...:-erksI expect that those CS customers will be voicing their opinions on many forums other than CS, because I've already seen that their moderators are busy deleting posts as fast as they pop up....well, only the ones that voice any concern over this debacle.I'll be willing to bet that you won't get block F for FSX for free either, since nobody was an "existing" customer for Block F before FSX came out. Boy, won't that just torque people off. :-lol Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

The only thing that's going to give companies like CS a decisive wake-up call is when users start calling their credit companies and reversing charges. CS promised a completely functional 757 and have now reneged on that promise (by making all sorts of weasely arguments about how they never said this and never said that). ricardoP.S. speaking of reversing charges: I think I'll have my credit card company reverse the charges on my PSS 757, which has been delivered incomplete, as the load editor - now approaching 2 months of delay- was promised as a feature.

Guest AOA

LOLAnd people thought P Tshishma was bad.;)Those guys over there @ CS really ought to lay off the Stoli for awhile.Pete

>I'm still waiting for the 707 update.........Hmm...I wonder if they'll include it in a "Pro" version of the FSX update...then charge you to get it?I'll bet that if they are even thinking about updating that old (read: not profitable to them anymore, hence useless) bird, I can tell you it'd be so far down on their list of updates that you'd be lucky if you saw it before end of 2007.Of course, you'll never know based on their highly popular policy to never give any hint of the status of a project, and to automatically delete any post in their forums that attempt to ask about it.Regards,Steve Drahttp://img47.photobucket.com/albums/v144/S...Dra/banner1.jpgDownload my planes at Avsim here:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...&Go=Change+View

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

As far as the charging for the updates I dont think they will be the only ones. I believe PMDG will be charging for the 747 updates Eaglesoft already is charging and some companies are just scraping what they have and will start with new models which you will have to pay full price for. (sure it's new but you will still be charged for something that you had in FS9). Free upgrades IMO are a thing of the past. I am not getting upset about it, I will only be buying new add-ons from a few select companies. Maybe CS for a new C-130 since I feel it is a great Airplane.

Thank goodness that 'Carenado' are not fleecing us and have provided the facility to load our FS9 purchases into FSX for nothing.This gesture is one that others could take notice of, it's the best advertising anyone could make.Well done Carenado, I will not hesitate to buy more of your products.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Steve, You GO MAN!!!! I love this stuff. I know exactly what you mean by thier forums. Hornit

Steve CS is history for me never buy from them again...They release stuff that is worse as the default...The only decent thing is graphics but even that can be done better ;-)Andr

André