Sign in to follow this  
Guest keiron

Pmdg Customer Future Interests

1,529 members have voted

1. 1. Which jet interests you in PMDG style?

• Airbus A320
    • Airbus A330
    • Airbus A340
    • Boeing 777

How about anything but a Boeing or an Airbus? I think I am all Airbus and Boeing'd out. lolI wouldn't mind seeing something different like a Learjet 31 or a Hawker. :)

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Just one note of caution; the B717 is no where near as automated as the MD-11. Although the Displays are the same (with the exception of the engine and system displays due to the differences in aircraft) and so is the Auto Flight system, the flight dynamics and other general systems (i.e. HYD, ELEC, Autothrottle system) are vastly different. There are actually TO/GA switches on this bird instead of a CLAMP system.
I'm aware...thus why I said "similar avionics", not "exact systems" :( I suppose I could have been more clear...but regardless of the details, I'd still love to see a good 717 out there...Jonathan

A PMDG quality CRJ would be the best. The feelthere CRJ sucks, and there is no other on the market. There is already a quality T7, Great ATR, and Airsimmer is working on the A320, and will move onto the A330/340 by the time PMDG gets around to finishing the NGX.

Joe Sherrill

Guest lgvpilot1

This :( I know its never going to happen,but you can live in hopeMark

Hello Mark,What is that jet? I live in Chicago near O'Hare Int.and I believe I see United flying something similar,but mavbe a two engine version?/Patrick

Hello Mark,What is that jet? I live in Chicago near O'Hare Int.and I believe I see United flying something similar,but mavbe a two engine version?/Patrick
That's a BAe146/Avro RJ, the last British made commercial jet.As for the 777, I have the PSS/Posky 777v2 merge and it looks and flies like a beauty. It has almost everything PMDG can deliver plus a working wx radar. (I know it's a bit wonky but I consider a wx radar a MEL item, just ask this Qantas jet.)I can't see PMDG adding the features which the PSS bird doesn't have, such as the electronic flight bag, the ACARS/CPDLC/ADS-B systems, and the tail/nose camera.By the way, how about another Express product, like the B1900D? maybe the Dash-8, Saab 340 or even a Metro?Edit: maybe a BN-2 Islander?

That's a BAe146/Avro RJ, the last British made commercial jet.As for the 777, I have the PSS/Posky 777v2 merge and it looks and flies like a beauty. It has almost everything PMDG can deliver plus a working wx radar. (I know it's a bit wonky but I consider a wx radar a MEL item, just ask this Qantas jet.)I can't see PMDG adding the features which the PSS bird doesn't have, such as the electronic flight bag, the ACARS/CPDLC/ADS-B systems, and the tail/nose camera.
The actual modeling in terms of the fidelity of the autopilot/flight director system, the VNAV path mathematics, the FMC, the flight model/fuel burn etc in the PSS plane are quite honestly nothing close to what we do. I mean that as no insult, it's a good plane for what it is, but it is not an intense "study sim" like what we build. If we make a 777, it's not just going to look exactly like one, it'll fly and operate exactly like one too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

For me I still say an Airbus, because the modern airframes are still woefully under represented to this day. PA, IFDG, CLS, SMS, Wilco etc etc: with respect, these are are all external models and/or vague attempts at the unique Airbus systems. Many depend on PSS' ages old products for merges etc - says a lot.Airsimmer is rolling along it seems, they're actively communicating - very promising so far. If they deliver as advertised it will be the FIRST hi end A32x generation product in the entire history of fs. I find that astounding - I would think there's room for more at this level - yes, even longhaulers.Having said that, it's also true that though I still enjoy the 'simpler' PSS product, the T7 is due. So is the 757, for that matter, but I guess LDS has that covered in their usual skunkworks manner :(

Regards,

Mark

Hello,I really don

Staffan

Triple 7 for me - I've been praying for one for years. I'm amazed such an advanced airliner has not yet been tackled to a high standard, and it would be the perfect final piece in my longhaul fleet. Fingers crossed.....Jonny

I'm casting my vote for a CRJ-100/-200/-700/-900 simulation. PMDG has already made two longhaul airplanes (B747 and now MD-11). Now it's time for something else in my humble opinion. :( If they built a B777 after the 737NG v2, with all its fancy systems and model variants (ER, LR, Frighter...), it would proably take half a decade whereas a CRJ development would maybe not take that long. With all 4 types combined, there will be 1500+ aircraft flying around the world, momentary orders included.And in addition to that, being the backbone of so many US regional carriers, makes it very attractive to produce, no? :( Just my 2ct.I have wilco's rendition of the CRJ and it's accetable, but it would be a dream to have it in PMDG quality.Unfortunately, Digital Aviation has halted its development as far as I know :(

...after the fantastic md11, we're waiting for the NGX...

Oh yes, yes, yes please. Awesome Aircraft and so popular too.

Dave Taylor gb.png

I voted for the Boeing 777...but, at this point, only if it comes in an FS9 version. I may yet try FSX...but FS9 is working so perfectly on my new hot rod system and I have spent a lot on FS9 addons. I just can't talk myself into buying new addons all over again. Environment, mesh, utilities, aircraft...the list is just too long, and expensive, to replace. Vic