Sign in to follow this  
Guest keiron

Pmdg Customer Future Interests

1,529 members have voted

1. 1. Which jet interests you in PMDG style?

• Airbus A320
    • Airbus A330
    • Airbus A340
    • Boeing 777

Guest keiron
You want MORE BOEINGS ?? You've got to be kidding me.. PSS has done a great job--anything esle would be simple and "minor" changes or additions.Want a real challenge? Try developing an Airbus? Everyone can develop a Boeing but who will try a sofisticated AIRBUs...Oh! an airbus is a piece of cake?...ok...go ahead, show me what you got, then we'll talk..."Ok I'll believe you, but I'll believe you more when you have developed an Airbus." By, yeah, seriously. guys...We need PMDG Airbuses... Yes Wilco and PSS did a good job; but let's take it to a higher level -- a PMDG level.Thanks,John Gonzalez
Did you even read the first post to find out what this topic is actually about?FYI PMDG are building an Airbus A320 after the 737NGX

because from this polling, you can see that A320 product is less attractive than T7 to our community.
Believe it or not, the majority of our customers aren't on this forum... we're certainly paying attention to things like this poll, but we have to remind ourselves that it actually only reflects a small subset of our total user base. We never hear from the vast majority of our customers, here or via support email...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest keiron
Believe it or not, the majority of our customers aren't on this forum... we're certainly paying attention to things like this poll, but we have to remind ourselves that it actually only reflects a small subset of our total user base. We never hear from the vast majority of our customers, here or via support email...
I agree, there's way more PMDG customers out there than people think and that was a thought of common sense. Maybe it's my fault for being over optimistic about the future but I thought this topic was quite a simple one, especially the wording. "future", "interests". The numbers on the poll mean absolutely nothing in regards to an overall demand per flightsim aircraft. :( The reason I made this topic was because I kept coming across lots of people talking about future PMDG widebodys but the talk seemed to be spread across different posts. So I thought why not get everybody together and find out which aircraft the PMDG simmers are actually interested in the most! From looking at this topic so far, I think it's going really well.I was afraid at first that people wouldn't understand the topic and it would turn into an aircraft demand/###### fest but I can definitely slap myself because everybody seems to be having a good discussion so far apart from the odd few names.Also I've learned from this topic that lots of PMDG simmers are interested in regional jets as well, something I guessed before but didn't know for sure. With the BAE 146 and 717 popping up quite frequently. When I look at the operator range of these two aircraft, the CRJ comes into mind straight away just because it has a wider and better all around operator range across the world. Even so, I'm guessing the operator range probably doesn't matter for most. If there are any forum admin about, please feel free to edit the topic poll to add and reflect the popular regional jet interests.

Guest fencer88
Just a thought : close to 400 users have voted but quite a few regretted that there was not enough choice. I don't know if the time is right to ask (again) what everybody on this forum thinks/likes/wants but in any case please take this in consideration if you do.Bruno

Guest 70sMIA
Have a look at SSTSIM.com. They have a fantastic Concorde for FS9 and are currently working on an FSX version.
I didn't know that - I'll take a look, thanks!

Guest mariner75

Well... According to Digital Aviation they are making a CRJ. If that is anywhere near the quality of their Fokker then it should be pretty good. Air Simmer and Airliner-XP are working on A320's so if those ever get finished then they should be pretty great. My vote how ever is for the 717. It should be time for another short haul plane since there is only one (737) and two long haul (744, MD11) from PMDG. I received an email from a member of the PMDG team about a month ago when I asked about the possibilities of a 717, and this member said, " You inquiry to the 717 is interesting because we do have a team currently working on a 717 mock up now but have not officially announced the project yet. Expect to see more on this after the MD11 is wrapped up."Hopefully by that this means that we can see a 717 somewhere along with the 737X.Jared

We never hear from the vast majority of our customers, here or via support email...
Wow, then it must be very difficult to figure out what direction to take.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest TU0833

I think if similar polls are made in others forums then for 90% PMDG will know which direction to take. I remember that one month ago, a forum conducted a poll like this one and the majority voted for the 777. It is very unlikely that the same users voted in the two forums except me.

Hello everyone! I've been following this thread and thought I'd drop a note regarding my point of view about which project I'd like to see. As a passionate simmer every time I sit down right in front of my PC and fire up my simulator I intend to learn something that theses complex add-on are capable of, therefore to me simming it's not just a hobby but achieving what it takes to maybe someday make it into the Airlines(that's what I hope who knows :( ) so that being said I personally Will be looking for planes like (737, A320, A330, 340, 777 ) but whatever comes out it will be very welcomed. I know that everybody has a specific request and honestly impossible to satisfy all of us but this is what I ask myself before making the investment "Will it make me any good? if so, "business" will take place! Anyways, Whatever PMDG decides to bring forth chances are it will be reasonable :( ! Good Luck! Leonardo

Something for regional routes. We've got enough long haulers. For me the excitement is in departure, approach, and landing. Not ten hours droning along over water.CRJERJ717/DC-9/MD-95Dash-8Saab 340BAe-146
Here here! I bought the 744 and MD-11 because I wanted them. The MD-11 is my favorite long-hauler, but I'm mostly doing the shortest flights I can find, same with the 744. A 777? God why? So many other really great planes out there that don't require cruising for days.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I voted for the Airbus 330 but hope for the entire family :( Sure we also need a decent 777, but PMDG and lvl-d (are they still alive?) have provided us with excellent Boeings and there just isn't any Airbus that's worth our money (at least as far as I know).More important: I hope the next one comes soon! :(

Guest icecone
That idea actually isn't half bad. I know they have the ready for pushback B742, but how is that? (I'm still rooting for the B712 though).
It doesn't even work properly for meThe VC always fails and it is nowhere close to what PMDG can do.Sam

We're well aware of the 777 requests guys... I've said this a bunch of times in the past.
The desire for a 777 cannot be overstated. I believe that there is a considerable amount of frustration in the community over the lack of a fully functioning, non-buggy 777 because it's been done by a number of freeware and commercial folks over the years but there is always something crucial and fundamental missing and/or not working right. I have tried almost every 777 in existence since the KT project's venerable 777 in FS98 (which was marvellous in its day) and I am pretty frustrated at this point. If we could have a 777 that was as good as the PMDG 747-400 and as reliable and faithful and that also worked with GoFlight hardware (I have 15 of their modules including the MCP PRO), I'd buy it blindfolded and pay a respectable market price for it too.My second choice would be an A320.(I am still in Fs2004 very happily and will be for the next several years, I am pretty sure.)Jonathan

Guest JJ57

The 777 seems like a good choice, or a 757/767 pakage could be a great choice, granted Level-D already has a good 767 sim, but hey, a package would be great, a "Boeing Twins" pack with the 757 and 767 offered, wanna go from JFK to LAX, grab a 752, Wanna go From Dallas to London, Grab a 767!!! It would be a perfect companion. I know that PSS has a 757, and the Level D 767, but with the level of detail that PMDG puts into the products, the 757/767 would be a great add on. But I know a lot of folks here would really love to see a Old Steam Classic!!! Such as a DC-10, L-1011, A-300, or 747. No FMC, no Glass, none of that stuff, just old fashioned flying. Think about it, a Full Functioning F/E panel on a L-1011 or 747 classic can keep the pilot on his toes. As for the Airbus products, it was mentioned that Airsimmer is making the A320 line, and then the A330/340. PMDG could go that route as well, but I think that a Boeing or a old Steam Classic may intrest more people. Just my 2 cents. - Jay -

Guest 747lover

My vote go for the 717.I mean what could be more fun than an modern DC9 on steroids.If I not very mistaken some of the systems are very similar to the MD11.Why not team up with Jet City Aircraft.They have build excelent visual models of the hole DC9 line.According to a former DC9 driver,they make pretty realistic airfiles too.Maybe PMDG could just refine them.I also belive they together can make a supreme add onn on a relative short time.