Sign in to follow this  
Guest keiron

Pmdg Customer Future Interests

1,529 members have voted

1. 1. Which jet interests you in PMDG style?

• Airbus A320
    • Airbus A330
    • Airbus A340
    • Boeing 777

+1 777, I have been waiting for a top shelf version for awhile. With the 747 and 737 under your belts would a 777 project be a clean build or could you use some or most of the system already on the 747/737. Just curious if you have to start fresh on every aircraft.Thanks

The actual modeling in terms of the fidelity of the autopilot/flight director system, the VNAV path mathematics, the FMC, the flight model/fuel burn etc in the PSS plane are quite honestly nothing close to what we do. I mean that as no insult, it's a good plane for what it is, but it is not an intense "study sim" like what we build. If we make a 777, it's not just going to look exactly like one, it'll fly and operate exactly like one too.
Hi Ryan,Nice to hear that Ryan. I fully believe in PMDG capability... I hope this poll can show PMDG team how eager we are, having a PMDG 777.Then I expect a good news from PMDG regarding a revised next product release plan... because from this polling, you can see that A320 product is less attractive than T7 to our community.Regards,Tri Wasono

Here's a little demo video of the CPDLC system onboard the 777, love the little 'chime'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ_FtkRW-sIWouldn't it be great if you can login to Vatsim with your CPDLC/ACARS systems and receive en route clearances that way.Also a question to the PMDG team, Do you think it's possible to simulate the 777 ground manoeuvring cameras with FSX?Edit: I found this video while searching for 777 related stuff on Youtube... (NSFW) B) :( :( :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AsJKnMdzUw

Guest N401SS

Add me to the list of people advocating a regional size jet. Setting up and flying the long haul heavy iron is fun, but there is only so much I can take before I have to hanger the wide body and load up something small.Something in the A320 family is a step in the right direction.I echo the desire to see something in the DC-9/MD-80/B717 family. ;)Nick

HelloA380 or A340 -600 big and beautiful birds will be so nice with good frames and later the B787 !!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for all your great products . regardsPatrick

That's a BAe146/Avro RJ, the last British made commercial jet.As for the 777, I have the PSS/Posky 777v2 merge and it looks and flies like a beauty. It has almost everything PMDG can deliver plus a working wx radar. (I know it's a bit wonky but I consider a wx radar a MEL item, just ask this Qantas jet.)I can't see PMDG adding the features which the PSS bird doesn't have, such as the electronic flight bag, the ACARS/CPDLC/ADS-B systems, and the tail/nose camera
You have to take a very deeper view in fligh simulation!! PSS aircrafts have nothing in commen with PMDG aircrafts! There are worlds between both simulations. "Good looking" doesnt mean good simulation. In fact there are only a few add-on developers who are able to build a realistic flight simulation add-on. For sure PMDG is one of them!!Meanwhile I do flight simulation since approax. 10 years and this is also exactly the time period that I

The T7 is a great plane, but please not ANOTHER long hauler! with the 747 and the MD11 we have enough long haul alreadycheersjohn mvpa097.png

If PMDG had not built an md11 I wonder how it would have fared in the polls? I'm guessing probably behind any Airbus, Boeing and perhaps others. When you're at the top of the heap 'if we build it they will come' applies to some degree, not just popularity polls. It'll be interesting to see what they actually decide.

Regards,

Mark

I'd like the Boeing 747-200. I'm tired of flying in modern glass cockpits and want something old and traditional.
That idea actually isn't half bad. I know they have the ready for pushback B742, but how is that? (I'm still rooting for the B712 though).

Guest 70sMIA

My "extra" votes? Thought you'd never ask! They would be:- Concorde - I know, I know, the 27-seperate-fuel-tanks issue would be, er..."difficult", as well as dynamically growing the exterior and interior models by 14 inches or so during flight would be "challenging" (but hey, as previous poster's have stated - you guys are good).- Boeing B-52H - think about it, this would be excellent! Everyone would get to experience the thrill and danger of the dreaded 7 engine approach! You could even model Slim Pickens in the pilot's seat.- Cessna 414 - just brings back good memories, and you folks would do it right. :( Thanks,

You want MORE BOEINGS ?? You've got to be kidding me.. PSS has done a great job--anything esle would be simple and "minor" changes or additions.Want a real challenge? Try developing an Airbus? Everyone can develop a Boeing but who will try a sofisticated AIRBUs...Oh! an airbus is a piece of cake?...ok...go ahead, show me what you got, then we'll talk..."Ok I'll believe you, but I'll believe you more when you have developed an Airbus." By, yeah, seriously. guys...We need PMDG Airbuses... Yes Wilco and PSS did a good job; but let's take it to a higher level -- a PMDG level.Thanks,John Gonzalez

Guest icecone
The Airbus A300\A310 series would be perfect since the only payware group to do it was SSW (honestly there is a lot of room for improvement) and it was made originally for FS 2002.The Airbus A300 is a short- to medium-range widebody aircraft making it a perfect selection for PMDG because it not another long haul but there is enough of a following to get people ready to purchase and fly it. Myself included.Then a regional jet like the BAe 146 or a classic like the 747-200 would be a nice.
BAe 146 is nice but i guess it won't be as popular as the Boeings and Airbuses.Sam

- Concorde - I know, I know, the 27-seperate-fuel-tanks issue would be, er..."difficult", as well as dynamically growing the exterior and interior models by 14 inches or so during flight would be "challenging" (but hey, as previous poster's have stated - you guys are good).
Have a look at SSTSIM.com. They have a fantastic Concorde for FS9 and are currently working on an FSX version.

I'd kinda like to see a PMDG Embaer 190.Like the MD-11, the Embraer's systems are not Boeing, are not Airbus. Isn't that one of the reasons why PMDG decided to do the MD-11 too?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Guest Steven Stratton

In addition to my previous reply, I also would like to add a vote for a BAe 146/Avro RJ! :)