Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

The 'YOU WERE NOT KIDDING'... post.....

I'm just off the runway at Phoenix Sky Harbor...running with my newly acquired:GE Pro II softwareREX2004 softwareTo all that said that these two packages, running alongside AS6.5 make FS9 a totally new experience....WERE NOT KIDDING!!!!!!I have customised both packages to what I wanted/needed, with REX2004 weather not in the loop. That is being taken care of by AS6.5.The SKY with a beautiful sun breaking over the Superstition Mountains is just STUNNING! OMG~! These two packages (I had been using Bird's Eye View, which is totally inferior, compared to my newly installed GE Pro II) brings FS9 right into the 2010's! :) I guess that this will now be stealing some time away from FSX...ROTFLMBO! For those that do not have the above combo....open the wallet...drop the coin...set it up...and you won't believe what FS9 can then dish out in the graphics department! Especially at 60 FPS smooth and locked down. As others have already stated...the above mentioned, totally modernizes FS9's graphics on, and above the ground....Cheers, and back to heading outbound for KORD! :)Mitch

GE is very good, even better when you color the textures to your liking.
I'm having a ball....ended the flight to KORD, and checked out the Cayman Islands to view the reef water textures.Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw~! :)GE Pro II below...and REX2004 above. I have the sim 'covered' ...and it's lookin' really good.Lordy...I'm having WAY TOO MUCH FUN....Happy FS9 Camper...

It's great how REX and GEPro and UT revive the sim, isn't it? I have these three myself, and it has made the sim a lot better indeed. At one moment I stood at the end of the runway at Kangerlussuaq (Greenland) with my newly acquired Qualitywings 757. I looked behind me, at the dawn, and wow... There was this peculiar haze, with a reddish dawn sky that was so absolutely amazing to behold. Really quite magical. FS2004 won't have all graphical features FSX has, but it sure has come a long way in coming very close to it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Nice to see you on this side of the pond excited too Sesquashtoo I have watched your FSX posts for a while... Manif you were getting good performance with that righ in FSX you must be off the charts in FS9. Beautiful system you have man,-P

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Nice to see you on this side of the pond excited too Sesquashtoo I have watched your FSX posts for a while... Manif you were getting good performance with that righ in FSX you must be off the charts in FS9. Beautiful system you have man,-P
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello psolk,Yes Sir...I'm getting 'busy' with creating ground and sky texture sets within GE Pro II. I used the tutorial to set up 2 sets of the grounds, and 10 sets each of the sky textures. That's happening in the background as I type. I'm quite impressed with the powerful features of GE Pro II. Same with REX2004....fine groomed it to what I want to see. About the only thing for now that I am not taking advantage of...is REX's weather engine. Perhaps I need to understand it a bit more...as I got only a clear sky...but when using AS 6.5...the sky zoned in as per the METAR. And what a wild cloudscape, haze, sun, and sky hues that was. MOST EXCELLENT! I will probably have to spring for the FSX version sometime later on.... Phoenix at 07:00 hours was incredible on my climb out. The sky was rose colored rendering to pink and orange around the sun and its corona. The clouds were like I NEVER SAW to date inside FS9! They did a great job with REX2004, my hat is off. Now as stated, doing Texture Set Housekeeping, lol! Edit: Oh yeah...as you mentioned the question of performance.... I was pumping out over 100 FPS...but with a 60 FPS refresh on the monitor...locked it down to that max. The sim is DEADLY smooth...and most life-like in all animation. DEADLY smooth.....:)

Completely agree. I'm running all the above and then some, and the view is unbelievable. May I suggest experimenting with the Bloom add-on... I have been skeptical of it ever since I heard about it awhile back, but after seeing Fengz' screenshots with it over the last few months, I decided to give it a go. Wow is the only word I can think of. When properly configured to your liking, it completely transforms fs9, in a very subtle, but absolutely excellent way and is a must in my book for creating a realistic atmosphere.

- Red

E8500 @ 4.1 | EVGA 275GTX (overclocked) | 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1066 | Samsung 24inch LCD @ 1920x1080 |

Completely agree. I'm running all the above and then some, and the view is unbelievable. May I suggest experimenting with the Bloom add-on... I have been skeptical of it ever since I heard about it awhile back, but after seeing Fengz' screenshots with it over the last few months, I decided to give it a go. Wow is the only word I can think of. When properly configured to your liking, it completely transforms fs9, in a very subtle, but absolutely excellent way and is a must in my book for creating a realistic atmosphere.
Could you post a link to this "bloom addon" you speak of? I'd be mighty interested to have it.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Could you post a link to this "bloom addon" you speak of? I'd be mighty interested to have it.
Ben, I am at work so limited to what I can search for on the internet, but this post is a good place to start:http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...t=#entry1619557You can also do a search here on the forums for "ENB Series" or "ENBSeries". When I get home this evening, I can post a direct link to the file if somebody else doesn't.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Wow Mitch, this is an unexpected post.After all your FSX posts saying how much you loved it, it's the best thing ever, can't believe your eyes, great performance, etc. I'm surprised to see your back to FS9 and spending money on it.It's amazing how fast it will run on new equipment. I remember runnning it on my old Dell 2.53 P4 and being happy with it at the time. I can only imagine how happy I would have been had I been running it on the rig I have now.Just out of curosity, are you planning on using FSX any more or are you going to stick to FS9 mostly?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow Mitch, this is an unexpected post.After all your FSX posts saying how much you loved it, it's the best thing ever, can't believe your eyes, great performance, etc. I'm surprised to see your back to FS9 and spending money on it.It's amazing how fast it will run on new equipment. I remember runnning it on my old Dell 2.53 P4 and being happy with it at the time. I can only imagine how happy I would have been had I been running it on the rig I have now.Just out of curosity, are you planning on using FSX any more or are you going to stick to FS9 mostly?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------Howdy! Oh no...equal time. Each one has its strengths and I don't really want to use the coined 'weaknesses'. The way I see it, both (with the proper investment of supportive software for each platform) are totally DANCE PARTNERS of the highest caliber. They compliment each other. Truly. Both have a place on your system. I see myself deciding what I want to do for 'a' particular flight session, and if I want brute 60 FPS strength, with a ton of add-on supportive flight and texture programs in the background, I'll now fire up a well dressed version of FS9. If I want a more 'convincing' and 'real-personally subjective' interaction within the flight world, I shall go for FSX. That last statement does not imply that my 'new' version of support-based FS9 looks bad. Not at all, but it has merely a different 'feel' graphically than FSX. Again...each one can stand proud alongside the other. As per my point-of-view.Cheers!Mitch

I don't have the link anymore, and as far as i understand it, there are multiple versions available. If you want, I can send you the one I have.

- Red

E8500 @ 4.1 | EVGA 275GTX (overclocked) | 2x2GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1066 | Samsung 24inch LCD @ 1920x1080 |

--------------------------------------------I tracked down Mike C's thread, and INI file, downloaded the BLOOM ZIP and will tweak around when I can. If the BLOOM effect comes into play in the positive, it will cap a simply wonderful and exciting 'to date' interaction with my 'new' FS9 :) Gawd, this hobby puts a smile on the kisser..... :))))))Thanks for suggesting the Bloom. Again, will check it out.Mitch

Man oh Man...I've been watching the screen shots of Rex2004 and they look just amazing.Also I never even knew about GE Pro II and that addon looks great also.Hope no one laughs, but I'm still running FS2004 using all the default textures. I've added soft Horizons and changed a few cloud textures but that's it.My concern is this. Right now I have no CTD's or OOM's and can fly for hours with out issue. If I was to buy Rex2004 and GE Pro II will I still be ok?I've read that UT causes OOM's so have never purchased.What should I do? :( RJ