Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kiwikat

OOOOOK now...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

ahahahah is this really from PMDG!!!! and...i think my last post, WHICH GOT DELETED (for the reason that they where going to put this up),.....you can thank me later. Hey is that Dash 8 a 100?777! your kidding....umm is this really from PMDG?

Yeah, finally the 777...Thanks PMDG.One question, will the 747X expansion come with wide 2D panel?Best.Miquel Egea.
i hope it comes with new VC, the VC is getting OLD!

Ryan pointed out a while back that the guy posting these videos is yanking our collective chain and they're fake. -Alex

Ryan pointed out a while back that the guy posting these videos is yanking our collective chain and they're fake. -Alex
Yeah, I think Ryan said PMDG have tried to get the videos removed. If that's true then someone obviously has a lot of time on there hands creating these fake models... So a message to whoever is creating these models, if your reading this can you drop me a PM, The back of my house needs painting and my lawn needs to be mowed.Thanks

Well let's say this one is a fake - I don't now really, I just assume it.If it was real, PMDG would have announced it by Robert himself, I suppose

My question to PMDG is - "Why don't you hire this guy?."He's very obviously an accomplished and precise 3D modeller, livery painter and awesome sound engineer.Hell, I like his model more than my current -400!Anthony ReesCape TownSouth Africa

I for one believe that this is real. Wouldn't it be a good marketing idea to get everyone talking on the forums? I for one love to spread the word and one thing this Community needs is so developing going on. With the end for FS as we know it, its a great thing to see a dev that has there Sh** together and is making this hobby advance. The video says Copyright PMDG and has all the signs of PMDG on it. The guys that making these videos, if they aren't real, could be in so serious legal crap if he gets caught, and its not hard to catch people on the internet doing things like this if you get the cooperation of the legal system.Anyways to the fella thats making these "if they arnt' real", you better stop, or I'd be shaking in my boots. These are my thought.

That's too bad. I would certainly approve of that kind of devepment schedule, but it would also shock me given what we've read here from Robert, Ryan, etc. They should be ###### at this guy. It would be one thing if he was posting videos saying "here's what I think PMDG should do or something clearly showing distance from the company; but, he's posting videos (no matter how neat) claiming to be officially from the comapny. He even added the "copyright PMDG" at the end. Companies send their lawyers after people for stunts like this....

This is bogus. In all the years I have been a customer of PMDG, they have NEVER gone about things like this. Announcements are always made officially by Robert and backed by the entire team that moderates this forum. Secondly, that model of the Dash-8 was terrible. I really doubt PMDG would release something to the public that looked that bad.I agree with other people - some weirdo has WAY too much time on his hands. If I were Robert - I would be on the phone with YouTube, trying to figure out who this guy is so I could proceed with a copyright infringement suit.

ya thats dash 8 looked like crap have to admit, anyways I hope they find is piece of &@($* and nail it to him, i was so excited for that 777

Companies send their lawyers after people for stunts like this....
That's exactly what I was thinking. If it IS fake, that guy better have a lawyer. You can easily get relevant personal information through Youtube if someone is doing something illegal. I've seen it happen countless times with other criminal youtubers.If it were fake and that many videos had been forcefully removed from the channel, the account would be suspended or closed by now. Period.However, they aren't even going after the videos (obviously!). It is VERY easy to get videos removed from Youtube... that is indeed one of the downsides of the site. People who don't like what you are saying can easily (but not usually legally) remove it. Pretty much all of the videos, including the latest one, are still posted. This smells like viral advertising to me...1 + 2 = 3

Pretty much all of the videos, including the latest one, are still posted. This smells like viral advertising to me...
PMDG would never release a model looking that elementary. Well - they haven't in the past. So, it would seem pretty bizarre if they are backtracking in terms of the release protocols. Seriously, that model looked like a nine year old did it. Blind. Come on guys...

PMDG would never release a model looking that elementary. Well - they haven't in the past. So, it would seem pretty bizarre if they are backtracking in terms of the release protocols. Seriously, that model looked like a nine year old did it. Blind. Come on guys...
Perhaps it was a very early or reference model? I don't know how PMDG models their aircraft. I've seen far worse alpha models from other companies though.What makes you think they are backtracking? Perhaps they are just trying something new. Lately it has become fashionable to reveal what you're working on ahead of time to keep customers interested and up to date.If a nine year old did that, I suggest they keep working at it! By the time they are an adult they could be working for pixar! :(

Really?? There is no way PMDG did this. Absolutely, NO WAY.
Who said that they necessarily made it?A quick search at turbosquid reveals a couple models that look almost exactly like that. Both the turbosquid model screenshots and the shot from the youtube vid are too small to tell if they are the same or not.I know many payware developers who use existing models as a base or as a guide to build their own.The case that PMDG could easily remove this guy from the youtubes and HASN'T because it is viral advertising is a lot more believable than PMDG not using an existing model for a guide or a start (NOT a finished product). Though PMDG's modeling techniques are purely speculation on my behalf and are only based on what I know some other developers do.Of course it could also be an alpha PMDG model, having nothing to do with an existing or bought-in DHC-8 model.Just my few cents. You guys can come up with your own theories until someone at PMDG makes an official statement... or perhaps they already have :(Regardless, it is excellent publicity. :(

Guys I bet the Dash 8 is still in development. If this was PMDG(I believe so), then they might not be done modeling the plane.Taylor Oldham

In my opinion it is amateurish to show unfinished renders of your product.

In my opinion it is amateurish to show unfinished renders of your product.
Then I guess nearly every single developer is "amateurish". I cannot think of a single developer that has never posted any preview shots.

Who said that they necessarily made it?The case that PMDG could easily remove this guy from the youtubes and HASN'T because it is viral advertising is a lot more believable than PMDG not using an existing model for a guide or a start (NOT a finished product). Though PMDG's modeling techniques are purely speculation on my behalf and are only based on what I know some other developers do.Regardless, it is excellent publicity. :(
That makes a lot of sense. And it's pure logic.Also, obviously that's not a finished airplane. It can be only a reference model.Or, of course, it can be something made EXACTLY to cause this: discussion, threads around the net, people thinking about how they work... In other words: advertising. And good publicity, by the way.

Then I guess nearly every single developer is "amateurish". I cannot think of a single developer that has never posted any preview shots.
He's talking specifically about unfinished renders such as were shown in the video. PMDG never does that.-Alex