Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

FS9 or FSX, in either case, my comp won't give me any higher FPS than 5-7 with this detail. I was hoping to buy a new comp with a budget of 1500 euros or so, seems like I'm gonna have to wait another 2 years before I can buy a computer that can handle this. :( Be honest, are we gonna have to buy 4000 EUR computers to run this smoothly?
Fifteen hundred euros will buy you a damn near bleeding edge rig with loads of extras and plenty of change (as long as you don't shop from Dell etc.). Check out people like http://www.overclockers.co.uk/ and there are plenty of others that offer serious performance for sensible money.

FS9 or FSX, in either case, my comp won't give me any higher FPS than 5-7 with this detail. I was hoping to buy a new comp with a budget of 1500 euros or so, seems like I'm gonna have to wait another 2 years before I can buy a computer that can handle this. :( Be honest, are we gonna have to buy 4000 EUR computers to run this smoothly?
I'm sorry, what planet did you say you were from?

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

If the frame rate will be good then this add-ons seems like a candidate of the best add-on for flight sim ever - and also for a long time ahead. It looks absolutely stunning. The dirty look and the glass-panels that really look like glass - and in general extremely detailed and correctly redrawn. Really can't wait for this stunning release!!PMDG - keep up the good work ;)

1. No one has ever seen what we're doing with this product as far as how it all works, it's a completely new system/design vs. our older airliner addons. No one should be making any performance judgments at all from seeing renders of the VC.2. This idea that you need a $4000 super computer to run FSX well is absurd. The system in my signature cost less than $1500 to build and I get 30-40 FPS sustained in all but the heaviest scenery situations.3. If you can't run FS9 at more than 5-7 FPS, then I'm not sure what to say - that machine must be 10 years old or something. FS9 is blazing fast on any relatively new machine - even my last system before this one could run it at 100+FPS in most cases.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Hi, Be optimisticI don't know where you live, but here in the Netherlands( expensive country) you can buy a perfect computer for 1500 euros.With a quadcore processor and a Nvidia 250 and 8 gig of ram (and of course windows 7) you can play FSX perfectly.If you don't have to buy a new monitor, I'm sure there will be money to spent after buying.Eric van Dorpoops, didn't read all the posts. Agreed with Ryan

I am sure PMDG wouldn't release a product that can't run on even the average computer with less than 5 FPS or evne more than that. Why would they do that??? I can't wait for it to come out!

I must say that seeing the level of detail, while it looks great, even made me cringe a little thinking of performance. Although my rig is no slouch, it made me wonder a bit. However as long as performance in the VC is as good or better than the J41 I dont have anything to worry about. Plus like Ryan said, they are working on new techniques, so I would imagine that it will perform well. Of course it also wouldnt make any sense for them to make a product that wont perform well on pretty new systems since no one would buy it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Industrial size meat grinder....
lol. We could rig up a plank for them to walk off as well.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

The VC detail is incredible; you can even tell where you would need a phillips or a flathead screwdriver for maintenance purposes. :(

I must say that seeing the level of detail, while it looks great, even made me cringe a little thinking of performance. Although my rig is no slouch, it made me wonder a bit. However as long as performance in the VC is as good or better than the J41 I dont have anything to worry about. Plus like Ryan said, they are working on new techniques, so I would imagine that it will perform well. Of course it also wouldnt make any sense for them to make a product that wont perform well on pretty new systems since no one would buy it.
Captains, There seem to be a lot of concerns on this thread that something that looks detailed will somehow destroy the performance of your computer. We want everyone to know that WE HEAR YOU... and because we want everyone to enjoy this product, even those of you who only like to upgrade your PC once a decade, we are redesigning the VC to accomodate ALL PCs. This will bring older computers up to par with current computers, and those of you with newer PCs can enjoy frame rates in excess of 1500 fps. So I unveil to you now the redesigned CDU. Perfectly readable (especially for those who use FS side by side with a printed manual), and completely optimized for lightning fast performance. We'll be unveiling the rest of the VC later today (lucky for us, optimized means easy, so it should take just a couple of hours to build the entire product).

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Captains, There seem to be a lot of concerns on this thread that something that looks detailed will somehow destroy the performance of your computer. We want everyone to know that WE HEAR YOU... and because we want everyone to enjoy this product, even those of you who only like to upgrade your PC once a decade, we are redesigning the VC to accomodate ALL PCs. This will bring older coputers up to par with current computers, and those of you with newer PCs can enjoy frame rates in excess of 1500 fps. So I unveil to you now the redesigned CDU. Perfectly readable (especially for those who use FS side by side with a printed manual), and completely optimized for lightning fast performance. We'll be unveiling the rest of the VC later today (lucky for us, optimized means easy, so it should take just a couple of hours to build the entire product).
Can we see the 3D version now ??? :(