Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

I've just transferred from FS2004 to FSX, and I'm trying to find the right settings. I've just tried the new ImageSim Hong Kong scenery with the PMDG 744X, and my average FPS is around 12. So, I'm trying to increase it, but I don't know which setting wil give me the best FPS.Water effects: High 2.xScenery complexity: Extremely dense.Autogen density: DenseLight bloom: enabled (I know this is a FPS-killer, but I like it so much).Advanced animations: enabled.Aviation traffic is set to 20%, and Land and sea traffic to 10%.Jon
Jon, aside from the bloom and traffic, two of the biggest offenders when it come to FPS are Scenery Complexity and sometimes Water effects. You may want to try water on Low 2.x and start backing the Scenery Complexity slider down one notch at a time. Try this, set up a final approach to Hong Kong with complexity set to Very Dense and see how the FPS are. If they are fine then leave it as is, if still two low, hit the pause key and Alt and open the settings tab and try Dense. Let it rebuilt and fly another approach to check FPS. Do the same process by backing the complexity slider down until you find the performance you are looking for.I'll say this as well, there are not too many airports in FSX that give me FPS trouble while set to max complexity, however the one that does get me is the default KDFW. What I do is start my flight from where ever I am comming from with everything at max, then when I get about 100 miles from DFW I will open the scenery tab and reduce the complexity setting to Dense for DFW. Granted it does remove a few buildings, objects and some jetways, but the performance gain for the approach is well worth missing a few buildings. It took me a long time to decide what was better mucho eye candy or a smooth approach, for me a smooth appraoch when flying an airliner is more important. If I need to take a screen shot I can max the settings again. Just trying to ALWAYS fly at screen shot settings, sometimes can prove to be too much for some airports.If you are using default AI they can be a bit of a hog as well. Look into another AI package that uses better low poly models. Personally I use Ultimate Traffic 2 and even at 100% airline traffic it barely makes a bit of difference as far as FPS. Good luck,Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Kristian,Why bring Ariane into it, they do not need to be bashed in this thread.JeffG
I'm not. I was simply just telling people that the picture was from the Ariane 737. Not the NGX. :( Kristian N

Guest michaelhansen

i have some good news for you guys the pmdg ngx will come in the summer 2011 :( i do nor exspect it to come this year because we have only seen a few pictures but im sure we will se the ngx in about one year from now thats good news.

i have some good news for you guys the pmdg ngx will come in the summer 2011 :( i do nor exspect it to come this year because we have only seen a few pictures but im sure we will se the ngx in about one year from now thats good news.
Why do you think it will be summer 2011? Please let the PMDG staff do the announcements about the release date, because your releasedate is based on what?regards,Luc de Wit

sig1.png
sig2.png

PMDG has already stated Mid/Late 2010...

Its Mid 2010 as stated on the NGX section of the site,Cant belive there is public members stating release dates without any connections to development,my suggestion - jog on mate

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

installing SP2 gave me a enormous performance improvementyou might wane try that if you din't allready

Guest michaelhansen

:( its not what i know but what i think i have no realse date trust me for me its commiing when its commingbut i myself do nor belive i see in in 2010 pmdg has changed releasedates before and they have the full rights to do that.

PMDG have clearly stated MID 2010. there is know way it will come out in 2011 how you may ask well:the 777 is coming late2010 early2011. they have stated this aswell.they would not post pics etc if they wernt gunna release it next year.they have not said anything about a year long delay.All this 2011 stuff is speculation. i think we should all do PMDG a favour and drop all this release date stuff and "whens it coming malarky". if we keep asking about release dates etc they'll waste there time in this topic saying no and don't ask etc.

Reverse psychology in all its forms is useless here.Enjoy the previews when they come out until you get the final product.

Waleed N

Guest b737lvr

i get 12 FPS with a crappy processor in FSX with high settings + ENB series (ENB makes no effect on frames)i have been so used to low frames over the years it feels like 30 frames LOL! when i make that CPU upgrade its gonna be beast ^.^CAN'T WAIT FOR NGX :(its so awesome looking!

Guest b737lvr

oh yeah its 12 frames with lots of clouds PLUS the test was amde while flying the Captain Sim 767. its the only pay-ware i own.

Guest b737lvr

ok did a test in the default 737. 30 FPS. im so excited because if i get that with the DEFAULT. i should get 20 with the PMDG NGX.

ok did a test in the default 737. 30 FPS. im so excited because if i get that with the DEFAULT. i should get 20 with the PMDG NGX.
I can get 120+ fps with the default, but then when I load up the J41, I only get 25ish, yes, with the same settings! The best way to judge would probably be to get the J41.