Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

:( :( If this is just the panel, imagine what they've done with their "never-before seen secret goodies" they talked about a few months back. Noone be surprised if we have a talking, animated FO that actually reaches over and drops the landing gear.Ken Smith

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Yes, looks like dust on the screen.. Actually the renderer reminds me of the J41 appearance which means that once the NGX is out all other airplane add-ons will be forgotten. The 737 is the universal plane that I miss so much for a very long time. Guys from PMDG you make me excited!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

That is absolutely stunning Mr. Scimone!It is starting to hit me that we will be getting a 737 s**n!This will easily be the single biggest aircraft addon release for FSX yet. I wonder if it will be even bigger than REX's initial release?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

......which means that once the NGX is out all other airplane add-ons will be forgotten. The 737 is the universal plane that I miss so much for a very long time. Guys from PMDG you make me excited!
I agree. I have been waiting for this one airplane since the day I installed FSX. Granted I was able to fill the void with the LDS 767 and try to use it in the same fashion as a 737, but there are a few airports like SBRJ, than you just cant safely attempt to land a 767. Frankly, I am surprised that aside from PMDG, it has taken this long for a 737 to get to the market. There are a few 767's, 757's, and just about every other airliner you could want, which surprises me that no one has put out a 737 sooner, besides the Wilco one.I have a feeling that although I just bought the J41, once I get my hands on the new 737, I wont be flying anything else as far as airliners are concermned. Its a great all around airliner.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Cue the Ariane back-and-forth in 3...2...1...

Cue the Ariane back-and-forth in 3...2...1...
Ah, I forgot about theirs. I guess with all the negative comments I had heard on it, I didn't want to risk the money on buying it, and totally forgot about it.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

with these pics and ryan saying 'It really does not look all that much different in the sim' does anyone else think we could have a 737 sooner rather than later!

with these pics and ryan saying 'It really does not look all that much different in the sim' does anyone else think we could have a 737 sooner rather than later!
Probably July, would be my (uneducated) guess.Now a June Release would be beautiful. :( Ken Smith

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I don't want to be the party pooper but my guess would be september/october.Kristian N

I don't want to be the party pooper but my guess would be september/october.Kristian N

Fantastic screens!!!!! I can't wait to see the external model! I think it will be amazing!

yes for the dash 8 maybe :( PMDG have stated a mid-2010 release which i think means between JUNE-AUGUSTish)cheers
I know - and I really hope they can make it for july/august! :( September/october is just a guess - You never know... Something unexpected could turn up. And this is a very complex simulation. But I guess we all hope it will come in july/august.I'd rather wait two extra months to get a nice 737 than getting a product, really needing a service pack.Kristian N

Can I request a picture of the MFDs for the next teaser? :( By the way, these pictures, as great as they are, are starting to have sort of a "peep show" quality. We get a little taste, the curtain drops, and we all ooh and ah while checking to make sure we have neought money (in quarters) to buy this bird when it comes out.

With all this talk about the NGX and 777 I totally forgot about the dash 8. That will be a great plane too. I remember it being said that it was being developed by a separate team so maybe we can start seeing screenshots for that too this summer.

Noah Bryant

We're almost in the middle of May already and renderings have just started to come by thanks to Vin. I doubt we will see the 737 in June, but that's just a guess. I'm thinking more like August. PMDG always gets things right before they release a new plane and I'm sure the NG2.0 will be no different. I do think that when they really start showing us full views of the internals and externals within FSX that will be a clue that it's close/in beta. Once we know it's in beta, it will probably be about a whole month of testing before it's released. Again, this is just a guess based on past developments. I too am very excited about this. I was going to buy Araine and then heard bad stuff about it. Plus I don't like the fact that it doesn't really come with any liveries and it's about $90-$100. I'm sure PMDG will be much better, have many liveries (AirTran please :)) and cost less than Araine. For now I'll fly the Wilco 737 and patiently wait until PMDG rolls out this beauty.Chad