Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

When Lotus introduced their L-39 Albatros, they gave a complete new level of realism with it when it comes to the landinglights. In their preview forum, Aerosoft is showing of their new landinglights for their upcomming A320, which are similar or maybe even a bit better than the Albatros lights.These lights actually illuminate the ground and objects. It looks absolutely STUNNING! If there would be a single reason for me to buy the Aerosoft Airbus, this would be it.(there are multiple reasons, so I'll be among the first Big Grin.gif ).
Do you happen to have a link to some screenshots of that light?

Have a look at this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwmbFJPB0CcThe landing lights are visible around 1:20 into the video. Note how they illuminate the runway and even the raindrops. Its a really nice effect.

Here's a link to the Aerosoft preview forum, showing the new landing lights.http://www.forum.aer...ndpost&p=244484
Nice.. but they told no wingflex will be simulated... they've lost another customer. Well, let's talk about more interesting things, for example, the PMDG NGX:-) When will it be released:-P

Nice.. but they told no wingflex will be simulated... they've lost another customer...
Wow, that's pretty harsh to pass up what may be a great aircraft just for no simulated wingflex!

Eric Szczesniak

Nice.. but they told no wingflex will be simulated... they've lost another customer. Well, let's talk about more interesting things, for example, the PMDG NGX:-) When will it be released:-P
Well... I was only refering to the Aerosoft 'bus because of the landinglights.Besides that; I agree with ESzczesnia that it's a bit strange to judge the quality of an aircraft by it's capability to show wingflex.Just as a note on that subject, I fly the A319/320/321 at least once a month in real life and imho Aerosoft is right when stating the A320 only has very limited wingflexing, making it not something worth to simulate. my 2c...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Come on guys, even Project Airbus managed to simulate it. I am sure that, compared to the complexity of that product, adding wingflex would be a minor thing. I just don't get why they are not doing it. But seriously, it's getting way too off topic, isn't it:-)

That's not the point I'm trying to make here. The wingflex on a real A320 is quite minimal. Project Airbus flexes the wing way to much.

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Guest yankeesji
Come on guys, even Project Airbus managed to simulate it. I am sure that, compared to the complexity of that product, adding wingflex would be a minor thing. I just don't get why they are not doing it. But seriously, it's getting way too off topic, isn't it:-)
Aerosoft has said it will take away from the FPS. All in all, I don't think it really matters much.

You must also remember that the A320 has relatively small wings and you shouldn't expect them to flap around like on a 744.Can we see more NGX slivers now? Batting%20Eyelashes.gif

Erik L.

I can't believe the bl**dy wingflex argument has moved over to this forum now! :(

Guest Cag40Navy

Please sir, could i have some more (slivers!)?

Please sir, could i have some more (slivers!)?
+1 haha!

Erik L.

I can't believe the bl**dy wingflex argument has moved over to this forum now! :(
My thoughts exactly, haha! :( William

Aerosoft has said it will take away from the FPS. All in all, I don't think it really matters much.
I could care less if the NGX or any other addon plane has wing flex. I fly from the cockpit and cant see the wings anyway. Plus if it costs more PFS then that's even more reason to leave it out in my opinion.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator