Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

I am going to go ahead and get behind my firewall because this forum has turned hostile

LOL your not even from the U.S.So shut up and learn your place before you speak.
He was banned already. But what would his location have to do with it?Remember this?Can we all return to the friendly and constructive attitude that is usually present in this forum?

Captains did you not learn to be patiënt during those 6+ hours flights? Guess i need more flight time. Lets make 1000+ hours in the ngx and then start wondering when the 777 is going to be releases. MartinCaptains did you not learn to be patiënt during those 6+ hours flights? Guess i need more flight time. Lets make 1000+ hours in the ngx and then start wondering when the 777 is going to be releases. Martin

I came off pretty irritated the last post I typed up due to some outside stressers. Sorry about it all. That being said, I understand the thought process of the whole " I don't care about wing flex." My point is that all I see at every forum for ages is that customers want as real as it gets, yet some say that wing flex ( just an example) shouldn't be modeled. It should if they want to produce a model that's true to life. Also, It sometimes makes me think if a developer can throw something like wing flex out the door what other small things would they pass up on? I think people can agree that If the 747 didn't have wing flex it would look pretty weird (just an example)...Personally IMO I want the best add-on with all the bells and whistles inside and out. Why? Because I want to know that while I am inside the plane, I am flying a plane.....not a poor excuse for one. It is what It is, to be honest I have found myself straying away from the outside views now since the VC's have become more life-like. MY whole opinion serves the mentality of give it your all or don't give it anything. It seems like sometimes developers will put the heart in the VC and systems and other tidbits and then do the exterior and have the mindset of "ehh Im too tired or dont care about this aspect so much." Granted these developers are very few and far btwn but thy are out there.
I think I understand where you are coming from, but it is so far from being healthy that I am not sure how best to continue. When you use expressions like "give it your all or don't give it anything", do you not think through the implications? When you see the world only in terms of winners and losers, then sooner or later you must realise that there is always someone out there that is better then you at something. Therefore it is not possible to be a winner, and that makes you a loser, so why bother? It is healthier and more productive to think in terms of doing the best you can with the resources you have, and if that is not good enough for someone else, that is their problem, not yours.Then you say something like "If the 747 didn't have wing flex it would look pretty weird". Why would you think that? Our starting point is looking at a 2D panel on a computer screen and pretending that it is multi-million dollar aircraft, so we already accept a pretty large amount of weird as a starting point. I am still not certain if I have ever actually seen the wings flex on my 747 since it is going to be most obvious during take off and landing, times when I am usually much too busy to use the outside view. (How weird is that? Being able to look at a plane from the outside while you are flying it?)You seem to be concerned that if something you can think of isn't there, then maybe something else you haven't thought of yet might be left out. While that is of course true, I just don't see how it is a problem, it is simply the way the world works. Developers have a limited amount of time and resources, and are doing it for some return (financial or ego doesn't matter). A certain amount of effort will acheive a certain reward, but sooner or later they reach the point of diminishing returns, where more effort gives less reward, and that is where the decisions about what to include and to what level of detail become important. It is simply not possible to simulate everything at maximum fidelity. Even LevelD simulators cant do it, so comprimises have to be made. In the case of wing flex on the A320, (as has been written many, many times) the flex required to be realistic would be measured in pixels and would require dedicated effort on your part to detect, while the effort required to make it happen means the project takes longer to release or leaves out some other feature and would probably have a lower FPS. They made a descision which was theirs, and theirs alone to make. Whether you agree with it or not does not matter, they deserve the respect for producing a product which a lot of people want, even if you don't.

This has to be the craziest thread in the history of flightsim! Except the bit about spicy chicken wings with wingflex... now I know what I want for lunch

Rob Prest

Captains did you not learn to be patiënt during those 6+ hours flights? Guess i need more flight time. Lets make 1000+ hours in the ngx and then start wondering when the 777 is going to be releases. Martin
I like this.I have always used Flight Sim as a way of relaxing and getting things into perspective. I live with my brother who likes to play FPSers on-line, and he is always yelling at his screen when he gets killed. I do enjoy a game of MLB The Show on my playstation, but the competitiveness, the fact there are winners and losers, gets to me after a while. I do enjoy RPGS, but sometimes you need a break.With flight simulator, there is no winning, no losing, just doing what you love. You do everything right, do fly with diligence, you will always come back down to earth with a safe landing. That is still the best feeling I get from playing a game/sim, is after a long 4+ hour flight, bringing her down softly with a kiss landing, job well done.So everyone relax, go fly, either in Flight Sim or if you are fortunate enough, in the real blue sky, and remember why we are here.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I think I understand where you are coming from, but it is so far from being healthy that I am not sure how best to continue. When you use expressions like "give it your all or don't give it anything", do you not think through the implications? When you see the world only in terms of winners and losers, then sooner or later you must realise that there is always someone out there that is better then you at something. Therefore it is not possible to be a winner, and that makes you a loser, so why bother? It is healthier and more productive to think in terms of doing the best you can with the resources you have, and if that is not good enough for someone else, that is their problem, not yours.Then you say something like "If the 747 didn't have wing flex it would look pretty weird". Why would you think that? Our starting point is looking at a 2D panel on a computer screen and pretending that it is multi-million dollar aircraft, so we already accept a pretty large amount of weird as a starting point. I am still not certain if I have ever actually seen the wings flex on my 747 since it is going to be most obvious during take off and landing, times when I am usually much too busy to use the outside view. (How weird is that? Being able to look at a plane from the outside while you are flying it?)You seem to be concerned that if something you can think of isn't there, then maybe something else you haven't thought of yet might be left out. While that is of course true, I just don't see how it is a problem, it is simply the way the world works. Developers have a limited amount of time and resources, and are doing it for some return (financial or ego doesn't matter). A certain amount of effort will acheive a certain reward, but sooner or later they reach the point of diminishing returns, where more effort gives less reward, and that is where the decisions about what to include and to what level of detail become important. It is simply not possible to simulate everything at maximum fidelity. Even LevelD simulators cant do it, so comprimises have to be made. In the case of wing flex on the A320, (as has been written many, many times) the flex required to be realistic would be measured in pixels and would require dedicated effort on your part to detect, while the effort required to make it happen means the project takes longer to release or leaves out some other feature and would probably have a lower FPS. They made a descision which was theirs, and theirs alone to make. Whether you agree with it or not does not matter, they deserve the respect for producing a product which a lot of people want, even if you don't.
I gotta agree with you on all this.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

I like this.I have always used Flight Sim as a way of relaxing and getting things into perspective. I live with my brother who likes to play FPSers on-line, and he is always yelling at his screen when he gets killed. I do enjoy a game of MLB The Show on my playstation, but the competitiveness, the fact there are winners and losers, gets to me after a while. I do enjoy RPGS, but sometimes you need a break.With flight simulator, there is no winning, no losing, just doing what you love. You do everything right, do fly with diligence, you will always come back down to earth with a safe landing. That is still the best feeling I get from playing a game/sim, is after a long 4+ hour flight, bringing her down softly with a kiss landing, job well done.So everyone relax, go fly, either in Flight Sim or if you are fortunate enough, in the real blue sky, and remember why we are here.
+1I am a quiet, 14 year old boy. Odd thing given the era of "stuff" going on, yet here I am flying (and doing city-builder games).

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

will the new annoucment today be in this topic?or in a another "read" only topicAlex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest wims

Will it be today?

will the new annoucment today be in this topic?or in a another "read" only topicAlex
Seems like they make a new sticky every time there is an announcement.
Will it be today?
According to the post from yesterday they will be announcing something today (Friday) but depending on where in the world you are, that could mean Saturday as well... time zones and such.

Will it be today?
Today is also tommorow in some parts of the world, so, maybe.

Erik L.

According to the post from yesterday they will be announcing something today (Friday) but depending on where in the world you are, that could mean Saturday as well... time zones and such.
Which post are you refering to? It wasn't even from PMDG staff, did I miss something?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest yankeesji
Which post are you refering to? It wasn't even from PMDG staff, did I miss something?
rsrandazzo - I believe he is PMDG staff Big%20Grin.gif "I will begin sharing some of the details of these innovations with you on Friday... With a strong possibility of more images to highlight the features and to show you just how real this airplane will look and feel from the flight deck."