Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: The View Forward

Is everyone getting stressed now about this? no dont worry man, i am supporting no statements, nor am i disagreeing, so i stand on neutral ground here,lets just sit back, and wait for the topic to develop

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Looking good guys! Looking forward to VC and External shots :)Tristan Marchent

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Is everyone really this selfish? I'm glad PMDG put those shots out here. They look excellent and they show that the project is coming along nicely.Best Regards,Robert

I am not privy to how PMDG work, but I do know that having panels and gauges fully designed does not necessarily mean that everything has been glued together properly yet, and one can hardly blame PMDG if they don't want to show their VC if that is the case. Gauges and such are sometimes tested in other aircraft, rather than the one they will eventually end up in, since it is often simply more expedient to work that way in terms of load times and system overhead.There is no point in getting frustrated about matters, it is on the way, it ain't here yet, and that's the way it is. It's nice to see the odd glimpse, but really I don't mind if they don't show us anything at all. Personally, I'm far more interested in knowing that it will have certain features that other FS 737s have lacked rather than seeing that the switches have X amount of polygons and that the FO appears to have spilled coffee on the TCAS switch.If it annoys anyone that mere glimpses are what is being previewed on this thread, then don't look at this thread. It'll be out when it is out. Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

If it annoys anyone that mere glimpses are what is being previewed on this thread, then don't look at this thread. It'll be out when it is out.
I agree with him. It's up to PMDG how they will publish their products. For me, when they show us these pictures, they want to see our opinion about what is being shown, they don't want people to fight with each other. I think it's a good idea to show those pics and leave us in expectation. If you're not happy about this, as Al said, just dont look at this thread and wait for the release.

Matheus Mafra

I don't know why people get upset, this is the way PMDG has always done buisness. Other developers have mistakenly released products that require multiple updates. I can can wait and appreciate the "previews" that are occasionally provided, but of course the wait is killing me. R.S.Churchill

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

There is also the possibility to keep Reading the forum but not see the pictures, just don't log in and view the forum anonymous. I personally like to see those teasers and I am looking foreward to, once again, flying a PMDG 737. Meanwhile I enjoy the MD-11, which I am still learning to master. PMDG keep up the good work!

There is also the possibility to keep Reading the forum but not see the pictures, just don't log in and view the forum anonymous. I personally like to see those teasers and I am looking foreward to, once again, flying a PMDG 737. Meanwhile I enjoy the MD-11, which I am still learning to master. PMDG keep up the good work!
agreed, and once you have mastered the MD11, you will find it hard to stop flying it. I actually like doing short hauls with it in all economy/high density configuration!!! need max Autobrake sometimes

I've got so many great aircraft to fly, I can't see why people get their tighties in such a wad because they don't see pictures.The NGX will be great when it's released, obviously. But until it is released, there is a ton or outstanding complex aircraft to learn and fly and more is steady coming. Just forget about it until you see the purchase page.

All of you who feel the need to complain, and complain some more, the NGX will be out before Xmas, so quit your complaining, enjoy the pictures that are given to us (they could just say "too bad, we're not showing until it's done") and go fly the other aircraft in your hangar until the NGX is released. If you're like me and many others that fly on a daily basis, you enjoy the wait and previews. Saying nasty things and getting heated over how PMDG chooses to market their product with snippets is not going to get the plane here faster.

guys stop putting times on this projectPMDG have stated mid 2010, which we havent officially reached yet, we have heard nothing to say that it will be longer [ok realistically we think its not going to be 15th june] but we just need to wait for a statement

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

ariane is in trouble, pmdg got them by the hilt
Actually, I not sure that is entirely true. Obviously the Ariane Design FSX NG is not going to be a match for PMDG's new NG as far as systems go, and ever was it so for every developer when someone else brings out a new version of an aircraft a developer has already had a crack at. One only has to look at the current A320 development melee to know that.But regardless of fidelity to systems, Ariane's 737NG for FSX will still enjoy the advantage of good frame rates on a reasonably average machine (that was in fact one their primary developmental goals for it in response to complaints about the gauge refresh rate in their FS9 version). There will doubtless be those who prefer less complexity on occasion too, for if that were not so, then CLS would not have sold a single one of their 767 add-on because of the existence of the more complex Level-D and Captain Sim ones, which we know is not the case, if it were, then Aerosoft would probably not be bringing us their lighter A320.I'm certainly looking forward to PMDG's new NG, but I daresay I'll still want to fly my Ariane one too on occasion. If that seems surprising, consider this: I have the PMDG 747, but that did not stop me from buying the CLS 747-200/300 and the AeroSim 747-400 too, and I fly those even though I'm of the opinion that PMDG's 747 is one of the best aeroplanes you can get for FS, and a good contender for the best one ever in my book. Sometimes I don't want to fly something with every single switch simulated, and as you are no doubt aware, there are more simmers out there of that type than there are of the kind who insist on being able to unscrew the fuses on the back bulkhead, if that wasn't true then nobody would have dared to do anything in the face of the Leonardo Mad Dog. Developers such as SkySim, CLS, Abacus and Wilco know that well enough.Ariane may have to drop the price of their current NG, or maybe not, we don't know how much the PMDG one is going to be priced at, but whatever transpires in that regard, it would be extraordinarily naive of anyone to imagine Ariane are sat there mourning the demise of their NG instead of developing another improved variant of it. In fact I can confirm that they are, because they told me that was the case last year when I was in the process of reviewing their present version.It's for sure that the new PMDG NG will have some effect on Ariane's sales, since theirs will then no longer be the only NG you can get for FSX, but it remains to be seen what happens after that, and I wouldn't want to bet the farm on a guess about exactly what the future holds for them, but I'd take a bet that they'll still be around.I'm really looking forward to PMDG's FSX NG, as it is clearly going to be the best one you can get, but I'm also looking forward to seeing what Ariane do about that.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

we can do with out the ariane bagging. if there 737ngx is not good it will die by itself.

In what stage of development do you guys think the NGX is?
Since "all" we've seen are VC-part shots, I recon the exterior model is not yet complete. It might all be part of a huge "let's-see-how-far-we-can-get-this-hyped-strategy", but my guess is we won't see this baby before the end of the summer.Not a bad thing though, during the summer month's, sitting inside behind my computer isn't my favourite thing :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

install_new_device_airbus.jpgAl
Great start for a Monday morning.... LOL

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"