Sign in to follow this  
Marcel11

737 NGX 2.0

So what I think you are saying is that everyone here should be polite, tolerant and friendly to idiots just in case the have a good reason for being idiotiotic? Well I suppose that is one approach, though personally, I tend to prefer the opposite where people are encouraged to not be idiots in the first place, but maybe I am just old fashioned. What do you think?
Hello Paul,I may be wrong but, reading you mail, I get the impression that whoever asks - even only once - a silly question is an idiot forever. Hope I am wrong on that account. Although I recon that silly questions, or multiple requests for Woodpigeons, pogo sticks and other contraptions may become irritating to some after a while... But, hey, the week end is coming and the wheather is improving. I thing I'll go flying ...Rgds,Bruno

It's all but jokes. Just jokes!Where's everyone sense of humor?People call it the "Politically correct" around here. Opinions you should have and things you should not say.That's the worst of the dictatorships.

How about a fully working printer? You know, the one that prints out perf charts or something.I saw it in a movie on youtube.
Will there be an External view only?Please Please!!Ron

Ron Service

Hello Paul,I may be wrong but, reading you mail, I get the impression that whoever asks - even only once - a silly question is an idiot forever. Hope I am wrong on that account. Although I recon that silly questions, or multiple requests for Woodpigeons, pogo sticks and other contraptions may become irritating to some after a while... But, hey, the week end is coming and the wheather is improving. I thing I'll go flying ...Rgds,Bruno
Goodness no! You don't have to be an idiot to ask a silly question, though obviously it helps. The other bit of good news is of course that being an idiot is not a permanent condition. Most people would accept that you can become more idiotic with practice (and I expect you to resist the temption to joke about some being born to it) but many seem to forget about the corollary, which is that with practise, you can become less idiotic. I have found in my own experience that just before you ask someone else a question, if you run a quick checklist in your head, you can avoid most of the more foolish ones quite easily. Obviously this does not make you less of an idiot, but it can help with appearances. Your checklist should include some basic things like "Do I already know the answer?" this one helps avoid really dumb stuff like asking your mugger what he or she is doing. "Do I care about the answer?" helps avoid the more subtle stuff like asking your mugger what they think they are doing. Lets be honest, who really cares what a mugger is thinking? "Does this question have an answer?" would avoid asking if your bum looked big in whatever it is you are going to wear anyway, while "Would the person I am asking know the answer?" avoids almost every silly question ever asked during a movie. And finally, my personal favourite, "Will the person I am asking give me an honest answer" avoids dumb stuff like "is it safe", "are you sure we wont get into trouble", "is that your best price" and "will you still respect me in the morning".

PMDG should just put a big red "easy" button on the middle of the MIP. Push that, and the aircraft automatically runs pre-flight setup, pushback, taxi, takeoff, cruise, landing, taxi, shutdown.....all without the hassle of flipping switches, and operating a throttle and yoke! One can only dream!!! ;)-m@
From what i understood PMDG is developing a 737. Did they not halt development on the Airbus??Jamal Pratt

From what i understood PMDG is developing a 737. Did they not halt development on the Airbus??Jamal Pratt
I love it...Eric Szczesniak

Eric Szczesniak

Goodness no! You don't have to be an idiot to ask a silly question, though obviously it helps. The other bit of good news is of course that being an idiot is not a permanent condition. Most people would accept that you can become more idiotic with practice (and I expect you to resist the temption to joke about some being born to it) but many seem to forget about the corollary, which is that with practise, you can become less idiotic. I have found in my own experience that just before you ask someone else a question, if you run a quick checklist in your head, you can avoid most of the more foolish ones quite easily. Obviously this does not make you less of an idiot, but it can help with appearances. Your checklist should include some basic things like "Do I already know the answer?" this one helps avoid really dumb stuff like asking your mugger what he or she is doing. "Do I care about the answer?" helps avoid the more subtle stuff like asking your mugger what they think they are doing. Lets be honest, who really cares what a mugger is thinking? "Does this question have an answer?" would avoid asking if your bum looked big in whatever it is you are going to wear anyway, while "Would the person I am asking know the answer?" avoids almost every silly question ever asked during a movie. And finally, my personal favourite, "Will the person I am asking give me an honest answer" avoids dumb stuff like "is it safe", "are you sure we wont get into trouble", "is that your best price" and "will you still respect me in the morning".
Ok folks, we have another one at risk of being locked. I would suggest that all of these responses, incuding mine, were meant to be taken in a humorous nature with no disrespect meant to the original post. Just something light to have a bit of a chuckle. I would suggest that after two pages of posts this one has run it's course. Let's not spin it any further. :(

Well said George. The original question wasn't that big of a deal actually. Some fun won't kill anybody :)

Guest FsFlyer
Will the NGX2.0 support a gear lever? :( I must admit the standard of some questions is questionable...asking if the most basic features are going to be modelled...
you know, junior, back in the days of fs6, fs98 having a working landing gear leveler, animated gears was not standard and only the best addons had it.so i suggest you revise your comments accordingly.John McLorker

I love it...Eric Szczesniak
Dang this is too funny, thanks for the laugh folks! And to those of you without a sense of humor, I feel very sorry for you.

I was just wondering if the wings will be included in the first release, or be featured as DLC?
LOL, made me smile :-) Wonder whether wings come in an expansion GOLD or LUXURY pack? Instead PMDG may decide to sell a DIY package, reduced in price where you have to build the final version yourself with C+ lines instead of glue.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest 413X3

I also don't want gauge backlighting in the virtual cockpit because all the pictures on airliners.net show the dome light. Or at least according to some developers....Alex

Gents-After reading this thread- I think I might have to amend the forum guidelines with the following two items:Amendment 1: A sense of humor and enjoyment of light hearted ribbing is mandatory.Amendment 2: Anyone not signing their posts with their name as required in the forum rules will be required to pay $10/event.This thread alone would cover some upgrades we're planning to the sever. Seriously guys- sign your posts or we'll start requiring a credit card on file to play here. :(

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

hi,looks like the boredom of waiting for a new aircraft is seriously affecting a lot of guys,never seen these kind of posts for a long timevivek

Going to hijack this thread in order to ask a Q about the 737NGX - which models is this going to include, just the 800/900?Thanks.