Sign in to follow this  
jjaycee1

PNW being released 28Feb

Guest rdg

Has anyone seen posted the download size? I am also eagerly awaiting this product. We lived on Kitsap Penninsula for 10 years and just last October moved back to New Mexico. I truly miss the beauty, but I was getting claustrophobic because there are too many dang trees and everyting is always wet. We used have have slugs and eggs for breakfast :( You can never ever see the horizon (at least on the ground).TksBG

I just pre-ordered both PNW and Twin Oaks. I just flew out of Twin Oaks yesterday in a Cub Crafter S2... it was fun and I have been waiting FOREVER for Bill to get this little airport done. I remember having breakfast at Twin Oaks with Bill talking about it and I think FSX wasn't even released yet!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

There are some screenshots posted at the Orbx forums with new textures for the trees. They look fantastic :(And what about these shots of the different seasons? I think they look spectacular.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

It will be a huge download - almost 4 gig. (Right now it's up to 3.8 gig)John can confirm the actual download size.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

OK we have the final assets in place now and I can tell you it's about a full DVD's worth of download, that is - 4.21GBHolger snuck a whole bunch more photoreal mountain areas into the RTM build, which makes things bigger, but ultimately definitely worth including.

Cheers,

John Venema

Orbx_Logo_Avatar.png

OK we have the final assets in place now and I can tell you it's about a full DVD's worth of download, that is - 4.21GBHolger snuck a whole bunch more photoreal mountain areas into the RTM build, which makes things bigger, but ultimately definitely worth including.
My 20mb/sec download speed eats GBs for breakfast. :(

I think that we have established that 'BIG' is good.jja

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest 413X3

Looks like it will be back to small iron for quite some time when this comes out

I lived in Alberta and flew to BC, Wa. and Or. several times a month, mostly to smaller airports in towns and smaller cities. However I was once stuck at SEA-TAC for more than a day because of near arm-length fog, and ended up taking my life into my own hands by renting a car and driving to Vancouver. There is nowhere as beautiful as this part of the world (when the fog has lifted and it's not raining). I can hardly wait to get back over it at about 1500 feet. My first trip will be from Langley to Medford Or. ORBX is brilliant in the way they uniquely portray scenery. Their PNW will be above all our expectations, you wait and see!

Hey John, I am very excited, already pre ordered !! Can I just make one comment / request ? For the next area / s I hope that you are going more North, rather than south and west into the states of washington etc. This is because I already have that area pretty much covered by existing sceneries, such as Megascenery Earth , Massive scenery and my own scenery compiled from TileProxy. I was really hoping that the project was going to cover the beatiful mountain wilderness areas of Canada mostly. Can you give us any hints or details as to future additional area coverage ? Cheers, and thanks for the hard work you have put in to this!Mark

Guest rdg
My 20mb/sec download speed eats GBs for breakfast. :(
Would you download this for me and mail me the DVD :( I am at about 2 mb on DSL. Wow that is huge.BG