Sign in to follow this  
bojote

FSX + BP=0 + nVidia GTX 480

Everywhere else, while not in the Orbx world, I can run very dense AG without any problems at all. This to me is just fabulous.
Then you don't need the GTX 480 :)However *IF* you want to run EXTREMELY DENSE, even using ORBX's PNW then, you can't go wrong with the 480... I love this card :)

Hey *******,Good going friend. I was waiting to hear what you had to say! :( Excellent work! Have you heard any results on the GTX470?Stephen

******* you mentioned this "GTX 480 idles at 71c, and under furmark goes to 95" What I would like to ask is when running FSX what are your average temps, does fsx really heat this sucker up? I'm a little worried about the heat. I got a big case "Corsair 800d Obsidian" with lots of space to add some 120mm fans.

Hey *******,Good going friend. I was waiting to hear what you had to say! :( Excellent work! Have you heard any results on the GTX470?Stephen
Hey Stephen! long time no see ;)Apparently the GTX 470 is also doing really good, there was a post earlier today.Remember, it does have reduced shader processors.I can 'confirm' and guarantee results for the GTX 480 (because I have it) but I wouldn't do that for the 470 ;) we'll need to hear from others.So far, the GTX 480 and BP=0 is like a marriage made in heaven ;) absolutely beatiful!
******* you mentioned this "GTX 480 idles at 71c, and under furmark goes to 95" What I would like to ask is when running FSX what are your average temps, does fsx really heat this sucker up? I'm a little worried about the heat. I got a big case "Corsair 800d Obsidian" with lots of space to add some 120mm fans.
Good question, it NEVER ever goes over 76 (even overclocked) mine is now running 800/1600 (had to lower the mem back to 1848 from 2000) because it crashes. but, 800/1600 is really nice :) I'll check later if the increased shader clocks help with FPS.. probably not, but, will check.

I am so pleased ******* that you are pleased! Could not get the GTX480 for the past few days, and still can't, so I just ordered the MSI version of the 470GTX which Newegg Canada just confirmed will ship tomorrow. I understand they have good overclocking software for their cards. Will try to duplicate your tests as closely as possible to do a head to head comparison, so that, even if run with different computers, others might get some kind of a comparison idea. This is fun!Stephen

FYI,Even though it's working fine, I'm still getting the best gtx 480 I can find. Newegg is good at getting things in stock.I find it odd that the gtx 480 does not increase fps. This card is supposed to be at least 2 times faster than it previous gpu.*******,Did you do a fresh install of their latest driver?How does the water look?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I find it odd that the gtx 480 does not increase fps. This card is supposed to be at least 2 times faster than it previous gpu.
2 times more 'shader' processors: YEStwice the capability to 'process' commands and render them? YESbut make FSX faster is not possible IF the CPU is already pumping everything it can and the card is able to render it, so, we are again 'CPU' limited ;)it is 'possible' but I've not tested yet, that going from 1400 to 1600 (shader clock) could speed things a little bit, right now I'm tuning the clocks to see where it maxes out, then I'll test :)

2 times more 'shader' processors: YEStwice the capability to 'process' commands and render them? YESbut make FSX faster is not possible IF the CPU is already pumping everything it can and the card is able to render it, so, we are again 'CPU' limited ;)it is 'possible' but I've not tested yet, that going from 1400 to 1600 (shader clock) could speed things a little bit, right now I'm tuning the clocks to see where it maxes out, then I'll test :)
I found the same with the 5870, *******: I clocked it (mildly) up to 900/1300, with a small vcore increase, but no noticeable increase or difference. I'm not sure if the shader clock can be increased yet. Still happy with the card, though, except for the vSync issue. I've found, also I can run quite high traffic with almost no effect on frames, and these are .mdl files: what pulls it down is still very heavy clouds, and places like Seattle. AG has almost no penalty, and can be run at maximum, with ScCompl pulled back to VD. I'd like to try the 480, but my lovely wife would kill me if I got one after purchasing the 5870.... :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

A 5870 @ 900 core is not bad at all, thats how I ran the Vapor-X... but, couldn't stand that 5 FPS loss ;) it was ONLY under heavy weather conditions though. so, just keep it.So far, I'm still testing and testing :) very happy with this thing!!! I do WANT to make it crash, as an excuse to keep tweaking, but.. it seems my tweaking days are over :)

A 5870 @ 900 core is not bad at all, thats how I ran the Vapor-X... but, couldn't stand that 5 FPS loss ;) it was ONLY under heavy weather conditions though. so, just keep it.So far, I'm still testing and testing :) very happy with this thing!!! I do WANT to make it crash, as an excuse to keep tweaking, but.. it seems my tweaking days are over :)
I wil try:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=6000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=6000IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048in PNW :)

I wil try:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=6000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=6000IMAGE_PIXELS_FOR_AUTOGEN_POLYGONS=2048in PNW :)
It is INSANELY cool how Seattle looks, GPU load won't even go past 30... there is simply no way to crash it with BP=0. I'm using Supersampling 8x, AA Enhanced 16XQ, Aniso 16, ENBSeries, vSync ON. there's not much else I can do to overload this

Guest UlfB
Sorry, and your point is? I don't understand your comment. The above tweaks are like 2 years old, however they DO mention my recent HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak/fix, so I still fail to see what is the point you are trying to make Ulf, you want me to go read my own discoveries?
Yes. These tweaks by Nick are "old", but they work very well on my system. Maybe some simmers that have problems with artifacts when using "your discoveries" might have better success with some other tweaks. Is that a problem?

It is INSANELY cool how Seattle looks, GPU load won't even go past 30... there is simply no way to crash it with BP=0. I'm using Supersampling 8x, AA Enhanced 16XQ, Aniso 16, ENBSeries, vSync ON. there's not much else I can do to overload this
Try dumping a cup of water on it :( Seriously this is great news *******, now I just have to wait a few more weeks for my tax return.