Sign in to follow this  
fwerff

Wilco/FT 737PIC v2?

remember - the 737classics were released in late '05 and early '06. SPs were issued over three years and for two FS versions.further SPs to '737 classic v1' is up to wilco.--
Then can you tell us what other updates are coming up for the 737PIC?

I really highly doubt there going too issue other sp for the v1 of the 737. as it takes money and time to make one. wilco's in this for the money so I imagine they will want a new version.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Well ain't that a crock! I had pretty much given up on installing PIC 737 in Win7 64 bit environment until I saw here that there was a patch...er...excuse me...."upgrade". I guess by calling a patch an "upgrade" this somehow justifies charging extra for it. Now maybe I'm way off base here...if there are cool new features or something, maybe it's worth it. But, all I'm seeing is a "patch" to let you run on Win 7/64. Maybe I'm too sensative, but it seems really outrageous to me that they would not fix this for free.

Well ain't that a crock! I had pretty much given up on installing PIC 737 in Win7 64 bit environment until I saw here that there was a patch...er...excuse me...."upgrade". I guess by calling a patch an "upgrade" this somehow justifies charging extra for it. Now maybe I'm way off base here...if there are cool new features or something, maybe it's worth it. But, all I'm seeing is a "patch" to let you run on Win 7/64. Maybe I'm too sensative, but it seems really outrageous to me that they would not fix this for free.
The 737PIC was developed in a time where XP32 was the standard. You can't expect to have a company make it's products with an OS several generations further. Especialy if it also changes from 32bits to 64bits. Wilco did not force you to change to Win7/64.Don't get me wrong; I would have loved to see this patch free too, but hey, doesn't that count for pretty much everything :(

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

The 737PIC was developed in a time where XP32 was the standard. You can't expect to have a company make it's products with an OS several generations further. Especialy if it also changes from 32bits to 64bits. Wilco did not force you to change to Win7/64.Don't get me wrong; I would have loved to see this patch free too, but hey, doesn't that count for pretty much everything :(
They either choose to support this package through new operating systems or they don't. Supporting it through new OS packages is good customer service if they choose to do it. Obviously, they chose that route. But, in the abscense of any significant upgrade to the product itself, it's not right to charge for this patch. I really can't think of any other developer out there that does.

If I remember correctly, the 737 was a FS9 to FSX upgrade, and it isprobably their best plane, I have there 777 and it isnt half as good, barely use it, If this new version is a complete FSX rebuild i would be glad to pay for it, as any FSX plane requires a lot more work then any FS9 one. At least if we pay for it, they will have food on the table and may be able to make some other new ones, of course then you can go to work tomorrow and tell the boss that you will do the day for free for you want to support the company, and are willing to go hugry if need be. These are troubled time and many developers wll go under. Be content while they are still around.Cheers

Hopefully we will get fresh n good update for our old but favourite small bobby smile.gif i wish for the 500 series with winglets Big%20Grin.gif

They either choose to support this package through new operating systems or they don't. Supporting it through new OS packages is good customer service if they choose to do it. Obviously, they chose that route. But, in the abscense of any significant upgrade to the product itself, it's not right to charge for this patch. I really can't think of any other developer out there that does.
I can; there's not a 16 bit program out there that will run under Win7 x64... should there be a free upgrade? When you go to a new OS, the vendors are under no obligation whatsoever to move to that product. Further, the PIC runs just fine under Win7 x64 for most folks; the patch/version is for Vista/Win7 on FSX only. My understanding of V2 is that it is a new product entirely...DJ

I can; there's not a 16 bit program out there that will run under Win7 x64... should there be a free upgrade? When you go to a new OS, the vendors are under no obligation whatsoever to move to that product. Further, the PIC runs just fine under Win7 x64 for most folks; the patch/version is for Vista/Win7 on FSX only. My understanding of V2 is that it is a new product entirely...DJ
Hey guys, don't forget that Capt Sim is finishing up their newest - the 737-100 and 200 and it should be a real head turner also if you like those old original birds.http://www.captainsim.com/products/x737/Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hey guys, don't forget that Capt Sim is finishing up their newest - the 737-100 and 200 and it should be a real head turner also if you like those old original birds.http://www.captainsim.com/products/x737/Ray
That will be the first CS plane I've bought since the original 727... I hope it's a good one!DJ

How do you justify that statement? It was made for Windows XP. Win7 probably wasn't even on the drawing board yet. When they started switching cars over to unleaded gas in the 70's would you have expected the car manufacturers to upgrade all pre 76 exhaust systems with catalytic converters, and engine valves and seats to be compatible with unleaded gas?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

guys, what you talking about? I have PIC 737 DVD version for FS2004, and It works perfectely in both of my computers (Windows 7 ULT x86, Windows 7 ULT x64). I never ever had any issues with it.http://www.justfligh...ct.asp?pid=116# in has all of the liveries and both FS2004 and FSX versions with full compatibility!

Just hope they will get it to work together with FSINN since I fly 95% of my flights online. Haven't touched the old one since moving to FSX on w7 64bit and fsinn. With FSINN its all nice blank gauges :)Edit: Ay, sorry for bringing this up again, thats what you get when googleing :(

Perfect for me also in Win7 64bit!Peter Sydney Australia