Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Can we make complete turn-around flights without having to reload FSX?Ron Hamilton
This is possible with the actual B737 in FS9, no idea about FSX.

Arslan Nouar

Wonder if the difficult paint job will show up I suggested way back in the mists of time...http://en.wikipedia..../File:VHVXB.JPGJohn Ellison
talk to PMDG that they will give me a free copy and I will paint this for you! :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ron, just curious but do you mean you can't in the FS9 older version? I make complete turn around flights all the time in the other products and some times as much as 7 flights without restarting FSX. The problems that people do encounter are FSX and not PMDG related unless theres something I missed.
Dan, I meant having a load manager inside of FSX (J41) vs. outside of FSX like the MD-11. I don't believe you can load cargo/pax unless you exit FSX with the 74 and MD11.Ron Hamilton

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Thanks, Robert !Does the gold star come with a beta test entry right ? Batting Eyelashes.gif :(
Awesome update, but Fry777 brings up a great point. Any chance for some of us to take part in Beta when this bird is ready? I and I'm sure most if not all of us would love to put this plane through it's paces.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Guest wims
Dan, I meant having a load manager inside of FSX (J41) vs. outside of FSX like the MD-11. I don't believe you can load cargo/pax unless you exit FSX with the 74 and MD11.Ron Hamilton
You can do that with the load manager in the MD-11. You just need to press the "Send to FSX" button or whatever its called

Ron, Maybe this helps?If you fly in full screen mode you can't. But with alt+tab, you can change to windowmode. Than you can start the load manager, sent to FSX, close the loadmanager an with alt+tab change to full screen mode and fly again.Regards,Eric

To use the MD-11's load manager you actually need to have FSX up and running with the MD-11 loaded. Otherwise it says that it cannot connect to FSX, and will not modify the aircrafts load. As soon as you press the "send to FSX" button though it automatically configures the aircraft and can be seen in the fuel load, and aircraft gross weight on the engine data page.. I must say I do like the way the J41 does it better by having the dynamic load sheet on the clip board under the window. I find the way the information and all is presented on that to be a lot easier to digest, plus when I am programming the FMC in the MD-11 I am not flipping back and forth to the load manager/sim to input data (although lately I learned about the cheat where if you right click the line button it will auto input the info then you can left click to input it on the line).. Hopefully NGX has the interactive one like the J41, but I will not be disappointed either way.

Ron, Maybe this helps?If you fly in full screen mode you can't. But with alt+tab, you can change to windowmode. Than you can start the load manager, sent to FSX, close the loadmanager an with alt+tab change to full screen mode and fly again.Regards,Eric
There is an issue with Alt+Tab with FSX, you can use it but not to get back to full screen. You will need to open task manager and then highlight FSX and use "Switch To".Alternatively you can use Alt+Enter to enter windowed mode and it will also bring you back to full screen without the same issue as Alt+Tab has.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Haha, I had just watched a movie where the actor wasn't able to remember a name for something he was talking about, so said something different every time. I was doing a spin off from that and entertaining myself :wink:Erik, Thanks for the layers reply, it made me :( joke on my coffee.*Side note*It's sad that innocent comments by me and others get attacked by impatient people. Most are just 1 from a user here and there, and no different than people adding there unrelated comment about how useless they are and abysmal crap etc, etc... Both types have no real purpose and the negative ones take up as much space if not more than the ones trying to keep it positive. I think most people enjoy the side ranter while we wait. I too can't wait for it, but I guess it just hasn't taken me over as emotionally as it does to some to make them act like a 5 year old and then in doing so attempt to sound smart while doing it. A little of a deep oxymoron there, isn't it?
*Side note*I think impatient is the wrong word you were looking for pal. I simply come to this forum to find out facts and updates now and then. However it doesnt mean I enjoy wading through pages of nonsense about buttplugs and other flannel to find them.Posting my thoughts on it also doesnt make me act like a 5 year old trying to look smart.I dont think it's unreasonable that maybe unrelated, painfully un-funny comedy etc could be posted in an specific area for those like the 'side ranter' where you can post all images and gags about whatever you like.Potential customers from all walks of life will be looking on these forums concerning the 737, I personally dont think its too fitting for them to be having to read about your buttplugg thing. You can also use my username instead of skirting around it too.Phil Mosley

OMG, this waiting for a new tidbit from RSR is worse than waiting for Xmas. Now I even installed the MD11 again last night for some distraction; flew from TNCM to MHTG and all went fine; though I had struggled with the FMC, no not a bug or anything like that, just 'personal' struggles as I am just more familiar with the Boeing FMCs. My only other currently installed irons are the LDS767 and PMDG 748. So it is really time for the NGX now. Nonethelessm once airborn with the MD11 it was fun to fly and see the flight envelopes prevent me from stalling right after t/o rwy09 at TNCM.Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Karl Marx 2010: "Screenshots are the opium of the people" :(

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

So all this time I thought the answer was MORE COWBELL, when in reality it was really MORE UPDATES.