Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

AES Development to end?

Well I hope not but it seems like Oliver is at the end of his rope with complaints and demands.Pop in to this thread and tell Oliver how important AES is to you. Maybe he needs to be convinced to continue? Maybe he just needs some encouragement? I don't know but I would hate to see such a great service come to an end.http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=37734

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Yeah I just read something about this on the FSDT site.You know since AES came out years ago I still haven't tried it, lol.I guess since FSX already includes push back tugs and working jetways I figured it really wasn't needed. Plus I doubt I would ever use the follow me car and unless I was taking screen shots, I wouldn't be able to see the service vehicles from the VC anyway. I guess the marshaller would be cool when parking, but some airports I own already have parking guides, like the ones from FSDT.I keep telling myself I will try it since he made a freeware file to use GibraltarX for free, but even with that I still have yet to get around to giving it a shot.You never know though, once I try it I maybe hooked like so many others are. I would be interested to hear from others who use it in FSX, what about AES makes it so great when some features are available stock in FSX?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah I just read something about this on the FSDT site.You know since AES came out years ago I still haven't tried it, lol.I guess since FSX already includes push back tugs and working jetways I figured it really wasn't needed. Plus I doubt I would ever use the follow me car and unless I was taking screen shots, I wouldn't be able to see the service vehicles from the VC anyway. I guess the marshaller would be cool when parking, but some airports I own already have parking guides, like the ones from FSDT.I keep telling myself I will try it since he made a freeware file to use GibraltarX for free, but even with that I still have yet to get around to giving it a shot.You never know though, once I try it I maybe hooked like so many others are. I would be interested to hear from others who use it in FSX, what about AES makes it so great when some features are available stock in FSX?
The service vehicles are nice but the the best part is the push back. Much better than the FSX one.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Do use have the choice to not use all the features?For example, if I dont use the follow me car to park and if I dont use the service vehicles, can I still use the push back?Also, in FSX do the different runway textures still work from AES since FSX already showes wet runways, or can you disable the AES runway textures and just stick with what FSX gives you?BTW, what makes the AES push back better then the default FSX push back? The only reason I ask is since I haven't used it.

Do use have the choice to not use all the features?For example, if I dont use the follow me car to park and if I dont use the service vehicles, can I still use the push back?Also, in FSX do the different runway textures still work from AES since FSX already showes wet runways, or can you disable the AES runway textures and just stick with what FSX gives you?BTW, what makes the AES push back better then the default FSX push back? The only reason I ask is since I haven't used it.
Yes, you have a choice. The service vehicles, push back, catering... are called up by using a menu similar to the ATC menu. In addition, the connecting jetways, pushback truck, baggage loaders, catering... are also controlled by the intelliscene.cfg. You create the configuration for each aircraft using their GUI. It is really easy to do. Now, if you don't want the catering baggage loaders to show up, don't configure the cargo doors. If you don't want the jetway to attach, don't configure the entry doors.The AES push-back is nice for a couple reasons. First, there is sound the simulates the conversation between the ground crew and the cockpit. Second, the tug will automatically turn the aircraft, put it in the proper position and instruct you when to reset your parking brakes. The only thing I don't like about the process is the sound. The tug engine and the alarm on the moving jetway are a little loud for the cockpit. I just opened them up in sound recorder and lowered volume for those .wav files.This is how my routine works.Once the flight loads (engines off), I set the parking brakes. I open up the AES menu (CTL+SHIFT+W) and call up catering. If it is a single jetway, the jetway will connect. If it is a double jetway and the aircraft has two PAX doors configured, both jetways will connect. I believe it also works with A380s but I havn't tried it yet. The baggage loaders arrive and the catering trucks arrive while I do preflight. When I am ready to go, I shut all the doors and bring up the menue and ask it AES to prepare for departure and tell it I need pushback. After that, the vehilcles move away, jetways disconnect, tug arrives and eventually they will tell you to release parking brake and prepare for push back. They push you back, line you up and and AES is pretty much done until you land.When you land at another AES airport, you have to ask for the follow me vehicle. If you don't want it, don't ask for it. It does give you the option to choose a different gate than FSX may assign. Once you get to the gate, set the parking brake and shut down the engines. The jetway will connect and you are ready for another round.As far as the textures are concerned. I do believe you can choose whether to have them or not but I am not certain.

Thanks for the explanation Jeff. I may give it a try tonight with the free Gibraltar X file and see how it goes. I guess if I like it and find some value in it I will buy 1 credit pack and turn on some airports to use.

I don't know what comments/complaints are being referred to here, but a payware developer quitting because of such things is a little outside my understanding. If every company folded because of a customers harsh words we'd have no companies to buy things from. When you are developing for free, then I get it, but business is just business. That's why I don't mix business and pleasure. I have no desire to have them operating in the same realm.

- Aaron

I don't know what comments/complaints are being referred to here,
I dont know if anyone knows since the comments in that thread were already deleted, but apparently someone posted some internal documents or something that Oliver didn't want the public to see.Maybe it was a hack that was posted to get around buying credits or something to that effect. I'm sure Oliver will continue at some point since he probably enjoys the extra income he makes off of AES. If he doesn't continue maybe Aerosoft will buy the rights to AES and continue to develope it themselves. Even though I have never used AES, I have read comments from a lot of people, especially ones who use FS9, that wont buy airports that dont have AES support.

The only thing I don't like about the process is the sound. The tug engine and the alarm on the moving jetway are a little loud for the cockpit. I just opened them up in sound recorder and lowered volume for those .wav files.
I just adjusted the volume using the sound sliders. Why would you need ot edit the wave files?RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I think that AES is a wonderful product but I don't stroke egos and neither will I beg a developer to stay in business. People let the developer know how much they appreciate his work by paying him for it; this is not freeware or donationware where the developer only wants emails of thanks for his payment.I've spent well over $100US for AES Credits for every airport that supports AES in my collection. Now I should post how much I appreciate him? Please, get over yourself and run a business or don't run a business but let's be grown up. This is like a small child saying that he will take his ball and go home unless everyone is nice to him and as much as I enjoy AES I'm not begging for a product that I pay for...If he wants to close down his shop then let him. If he wants to stay in business then let him. If he wants to act live a 5 year old then that is his prerogative too. Sorry to be so harsh but the truth is the truth and many need to check their egos at the door.

I think that AES is a wonderful product but I don't stroke egos and neither will I beg a developer to stay in business. People let the developer know how much they appreciate his work by paying him for it; this is not freeware or donationware where the developer only wants emails of thanks for his payment.I've spent well over $100US for AES Credits for every airport that supports AES in my collection. Now I should post how much I appreciate him? Please, get over yourself and run a business or don't run a business but let's be grown up. This is like a small child saying that he will take his ball and go home unless everyone is nice to him and as much as I enjoy AES I'm not begging for a product that I pay for...If he wants to close down his shop then let him. If he wants to stay in business then let him. If he wants to act live a 5 year old then that is his prerogative too. Sorry to be so harsh but the truth is the truth and many need to check their egos at the door.
On the surface, I agree, but in this case if the story above is accurate, I think there is more to it then that. Those internal documents, may have been the keys to the store. They may have outlined, how to implement AES on any airport, thereby taking away some or all of his revenue source, if it got out to the public. For better or worse, he chose to keep this information close to the vest, which is his right! If these were hacked into and published, it's nothing short of gran theft! That's enough to discourage anyone!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

On the surface, I agree, but in this case if the story above is accurate, I think there is more to it then that. Those internal documents, may have been the keys to the store. They may have outlined, how to implement AES on any airport, thereby taking away some or all of his revenue source, if it got out to the public. For better or worse, he chose to keep this information close to the vest, which is his right! If these were hacked into and published, it's nothing short of gran theft! That's enough to discourage anyone!
As crappy as that is, that too is part of the business anymore. I'm not giving any excuses for such lousy thievery (if that is what has happened), but you have to expect some moron is going to try to crack your software. I agree that he should not be begged to stay after we paid his product. Either do it or don't do it but I won't beg anyone to take my money.

I would generally agree but I have 60 credits that transfered from my old FS9 install sitting there waiting to be applied to stuff. I have purchased just about every FSX add on that I want that currently has AES support. I'd like the product to continue to be developed so I can use up those credits. Since I already have the credits, I look at AES as more of a service rather than a product.Honestly, I didn't post this to encourage people to stroke his ego. I just wanted to tell him how much I appreciate his product and thought others may want to do the same. We are only human and sometimes a pep talk goes a long way.As to what happened, it now think it was more about someone releasing information. I don't know what it was. I didn't realize that there was more to it until after I posted this.As for the sound issue, I can't remember why I chose to edit the .wav file - I know there was a reason at the time. I think the slider controls more than the tug's engine and that's all I wanted to make softer.

It makes me laugh how quickly a mole hill becomes Mount Everest in this forum. These so called internal documents were dreamt up by someone in the forum who misunderstood Olivers very broken English. Someone mentioned a registry address and nothing more.Oliver has no intention of dropping AES, what he did say was that he was going to have to rethink the way he protects his software because he is unhappy that someone has figured out he uses the registry for protection. So don't expect any further work on AES until he has got it sorted.I personally think AES stands for Astonishingly Expensive Software.

Cheers, Andy.

I personally this AES stands for Astonishingly Expensive Software.
:( :(