Sign in to follow this  
Hugo346

New Intel Sandy Bridge reaches 4.9Ghz overclock speed on Air.

Looks like a major cpu performance increase is upon us:http://wccftech.com/2010/09/16/intel-sandy-bridge/&http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKGnaTrxS_kAnd not at a $1000,- price tag.

Guest veeray

Thank god for tax refunds that also come out at the same time! :)

Interesting.... wonder what cooler they had? And how many cores is this cpu?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What's the 3D stress test they are running?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Holy Cow! That means out with the old and in with the new...again!Kind regards,
Exactly! I was going to upgrade this week from an E6850 to an i7 950. Quote from wikipedia'4 cores by default, but processors with 6 and 8 cores will probably be available in Q2 2011''Sandy Bridge will be an evolutionary step from Core i5/i7 and will focus on power efficiency'Maybe I will wait now until next year and keep adding to the money I have saved and get one of these '8' cores instead. :smile:

What's the 3D stress test they are running?
It's Cinebench 11.5.This supposedly is a Core I7 2600K cpu. The top model. "K" for unlocked multiplier. The cooler was the same as the stock Intel I7 980X cooler.An I5 2500K "unlocked" Sandy Bridge processor is also on its way, in the $200 - $250 price range.Source (Dutch): http://nl.hardware.info/nieuws/20713/intel-sandy-bridge-opgevoerd-tot-49-ghz

Hi,We must stop this immediately. If those dammed CPU are released, it will mark the end of the FSX forum. If there are no more performance issues, what will the posts be about? :Just Kidding: More seriously, I was about to buy a new computer and I think that I will wait a bit to see what comes out from those CPU. If I don't and get low FPS and blurries , I will regret my purchase forever. :Cry:

Guest veeray

Well we already knew about SB before i7 was even released. Intel was very clear they were going to milk the memory accelerator thing. This 4.9ghz wafer is the real news here.

It's Cinebench 11.5.
Thanks.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 5200x5200 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Well we already knew about SB before i7 was even released. Intel was very clear they were going to milk the memory accelerator thing. This 4.9ghz wafer is the real news here.
You can be sure that they hand picked the CPU to show... you'd have to be beyond optimistic to expect all chips to OC to 4.9ghz. Having said that, clock for clock Sandy bridge is a lot faster than current chips. I'm waiting to upgrade my E8400 until these come out :)