Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

So how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...

Did people forget how to read between the lines?Most of the previous posts on this thread complain about the new RSR thread being rude and misguided. Not one of you have explained why it's rude and how it offends you. Does nobody realize that you STILL haven't paid PMDG ANYTHING in order for them to even HAVE to release this product. It's their airplane, they made it and they decided to sell it. They are under no obligation whatsoever to give us set deadlines and throw out pictures/videos upon request. It's their idea of marketing, we've all seen it before and at the end of the day, when the product is finally released, everyone forgets about what happened the weeks, months beforehand.
So that justifies an enticing post that implies a release date to those of us who have not taken part in the whole release date junk talk? I never once participated about when when when or stop stop stop. Posts complaining about others complaining are just as bad.The RSR post about the relesae date was poor customer treatment. Whether or not I am a customer or POTENTIAL customer, no matter what you think. Just treated all of us, including those who have waited patiently AND QUIETLY like we are part of the problem. No praise or thanks due for that, at all.Joe Lorenc

Joe Lorenc

As I said before, everyone just lighten up and have a beer or whatever you like. I myself have a taste for some orange juice. :(

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Guest yankeesji
So that justifies an enticing post that implies a release date to those of us who have not taken part in the whole release date junk talk? I never once participated about when when when or stop stop stop. Posts complaining about others complaining are just as bad.The RSR post about the relesae date was poor customer treatment. Whether or not I am a customer or POTENTIAL customer, no matter what you think. Just treated all of us, including those who have waited patiently AND QUIETLY like we are part of the problem. No praise or thanks due for that, at all.Joe Lorenc
Really? Come on man....It was funny. You're taking it way too serious. I think Robert just posted what about 90% of us who skim these forums daily think and wish their post would be read the same way.Bottom line is, if you don't like the awful (sarcasim) treatment from RSR, then don't buy....:(

Deadlines are a fact of life, without them people tend to lose focus.I for one have been holding off buying a third party airliner in the hopes that the 737NGX would come out sooner then later. If the chatter here is correct and the release is farther then anticipated then I'm more inclined to buy a competing product. This is why we set deadlines, you raise expectations and create hype so people will plan accordingly and buy your product, and like any other business out there if you don't meet those expectations, you lose. I deal with deadlines everyday, this product should be no different.
There aint no other 737ng for FSX that I know of except Adriane... othere then that i dont know of any other ......Geoncarlos Colon

I never really understood the LevelD way of doing things. But today reading these posts it's certainly making much more sense.
Excellent observation. I have always made the NO OFFICIAL announcement when this thread turned into a CRAP SHOOT. It's is getting pretty close.so how does the PMDG 737NGX compare to...Ron Hamilton.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Did people forget how to read between the lines?Most of the previous posts on this thread complain about the new RSR thread being rude and misguided. Not one of you have explained why it's rude and how it offends you. Does nobody realize that you STILL haven't paid PMDG ANYTHING in order for them to even HAVE to release this product. It's their airplane, they made it and they decided to sell it. They are under no obligation whatsoever to give us set deadlines and throw out pictures/videos upon request. It's their idea of marketing, we've all seen it before and at the end of the day, when the product is finally released, everyone forgets about what happened the weeks, months beforehand.
I can only say how I felt about it.Rude? no not really, I mean you wouldn't act like that to somebody in the flesh and not get a bad impression but civility and mores are "desensitized" here on the interwebs. Misguided? This is res ipse loquitur. If it wasn't misguided, all these posts wouldn't have occured.My take on it, the relationship between producer and consumer are a two way street. The only obligations between them are those which are deemed to be of value by PMDG. They hold all the cards when it comes to information on the plane. It is their plane, they are the ones taking on the investment of developing it and testing it. They can tell us what they want when they want, however the customer holds all the cash. We as consumers have no obligation to reward them and repay their costs in developing the plane.Producers have no obligations is they dont want to make their money back and then profits. Consumers have no entitlements if they are not going to buy said products at the markups established.With all this being said, I think the way things were being done was just fine. Work on the plane, dont worry about what we are all saying here on the forums inbetween. Gives us an update once in a while, all the previous ones have been great reads and were quite substantive. And release the plane when you are happy with it, after all, it is your reputation on the line. If the plane ends up being crap, I am out the 80 or so bucks. If the plane ends up being as fantastic and groundbreaking as I think it will be, PMDG will be seen as innovators of our "Hobby".Cheers.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Well, unlike the MD-11 and B747X I'm buying the B737ngx on day one, and I'll just have to wait untill it gets here.I still say the MD-11 is flight sims version of the Mona Lisa.Alex Cadle

I guess at the end of the day it comes down to if you are able to put yourself into someone elses shoes (or Captain's hat if you want).I mean it's simple:Imagine you are being creative, whether it's music, poetry, painting or hey, maybe programming FS-Addons...what is it you might want even more than pleasing yourself with it ?...Yup, please others i guess: for once to share a certain feeling or passion with the world around you,but admittedly also to show people how good you are at it respectively to maintain a high level you have previously set.Now of course, your supporters and admirers want to know whats in the works and when its due and consequently as a bit of communication is betterthan no communication at all, you let them know what it is you're working on and what timeframe you expect for delivery.But alas, and those being creative know how it is, you start working and the project grows not only on you but also in size, love for details andoutside influences/input and your vision for the projectt grows or is being altered and you set new goals and the more you work on it, the more you realize what a gem it is you're working on and how much people are going to be pleased and amazed with it. And the more you realize it the more you get excited and can't wait bringing it out to the people.Then comes the day you had set your timeframe to and you have 2 options:1. You have the option of releasing your project, unfinished because you know it hasnt reached the state yet you wanted it to be in and therewith alsohasn't reached the level you have previously reached and are measured against to by the crowd. You release and first you and everyone else is excited, partly becausethe product definititely has your signature on it and people see its potential, partly also because you're still profiting from your previous achievements. But soon your excitement fades because you realize you could have made the product even better with a bit more time and because you see the crowds excitement fadewhile they find more and more imperfections, flaws in your work...something they wouldnt have expected coming from you and consequently there go theprevious achievements (people tend to forget fast).2. You have the option of not releasing and eventhough you hate it first and the most not to release, because you know how much people will love what you created here,you let your reason and experience (some call it professionalism) kick in and give yourself the time and patience needed in order for the product to reach a state where you can,without being over-perfectionist, let go with a good feeling and make the crowd happy with a product achieving the level they hoped for or even set the levelyet again higher. It's not perfect (nothing is perfect), but it has reached a state everyone involved has hoped for and is very happy with.Up to you to pick one, i've made my choice.All this to say: No, there is no plot: the product hasn't reached a PMDG-releaseworthy state in the summer of 2010, and no, they are not sitting on itever since because they don't want to share something they've been working on for years and are proud of. I would rather believe that it's getting more and more difficult, sometimes even frustrating for them, being so close to the goal andnot being able (patience is a virtue) to share yet.So basically i wouldn't only read frustration about the ever-returning release date question in Mister RSR's statement but alsosome of the frustration described before.But in the end, and that i'm sure of, everything will turn out great, for both sides and all this will be forgotten fast (told ya),only until the next project of course and the ever-returning "rituals" coming with it.We are all sitting in the same boat with our hopes, excitement and impatience...some of us haven't realized it yet though.Now back to topic:My answer is...erm...42 ?

Now back to topic:My answer is...erm...42 ?
Ha ha, remember your towel then :-)

Trying to move the general crowd away from the, quite frankly, boring subject of release dates, anyone care to take a guess on how much bandwidth us guys will clog up on release day? I can imagine PMDG are preparing for this, and giving their ISP lots n lots of money! I hope my download window will show 600kb/s rather than 20!! :(

RSR put that a lot more nicely that i would have!...guess thats why i dont own a company Black%20Eye.gif

<--------------->
Mike Murawski

Certain people here (who've been removed) are lucky we have thicker skins than they apparently do...Robert was half-joking with his post last night, but seriously guys - we go through this EVERY SINGLE TIME we release a product and it's like some people never ever learn. We don't give hard release dates - anything we say is an estimate that is subject to any amount of change, large or small, right up until the instant we hit the button that makes the product live in the store. We've delayed releases in the past literally an instant before pressing that button because someone realized something wasn't quite right yet.We are still trying very hard to get this out in the next two months - it may happen, it may not. What's going to ensure that it doesn't though is if our people who should be coding and modelling have to spend time babysitting the forum. I'm the guy who's supposed to be monitoring it, but like all human beings I have to sleep and can't be here 24/7. When I got up today, there were upwards of 2 or 3 full pages worth of pure trash posts in this thread. I don't want to see that happen again - if you want to complain about us, there's plenty of other places you can go and do that at.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

OK... Good!!! Finally we got release date. let's start bugging the team when 777 will be released.

Nothing exacerbates negative emotions like a forum eh? What's the betting Robert had a big cheesy grin on his face when he posted his latest, I certainly did when I read it :-)Richard GeorgiouPatience, it's a virtue.

Certain people here (who've been removed) are lucky we have thicker skins than they apparently do...Robert was half-joking with his post last night, but seriously guys - we go through this EVERY SINGLE TIME we release a product and it's like some people never ever learn. We don't give hard release dates - anything we say is an estimate that is subject to any amount of change, large or small, right up until the instant we hit the button that makes the product live in the store. We've delayed releases in the past literally an instant before pressing that button because someone realized something wasn't quite right yet.We are still trying very hard to get this out in the next two months - it may happen, it may not. What's going to ensure that it doesn't though is if our people who should be coding and modelling have to spend time babysitting the forum. I'm the guy who's supposed to be monitoring it, but like all human beings I have to sleep and can't be here 24/7. When I got up today, there were upwards of 2 or 3 full pages worth of pure trash posts in this thread. I don't want to see that happen again - if you want to complain about us, there's plenty of other places you can go and do that at.
I feel for you Ryan, as I know its hard to as you say 'babysit' the forums. I really do!Can't we just leave the forums for a day?! Just give PMDG a break from, what they call it, 'Babysitting' ? Probably not... I really do hate seeing childish behaviour on these forums because, from a PMDG side of it, its bad for marketing fot them as when new customers come to the forums they will see all (or most/some) of the childish behaviour that some members post. I find this disrespectful and harsh to PMDG who are working incredibly hard to get this product pushed!! Please can we all just stop.. Now! The Topic is called So How does the 737NGX compare to... Get involved and compare it to other products other than PMDG's old 737 or include it in some cases and find things different that maybe PMDG haven't found (Ok that maybe a bit too hard). All I'm asking is we can all be nice and we can keep a friendly community going here at PMDG. It's for PMDG, not yourself!Best Wishes PMDG and as always Hope everything is well with the product,Tristan Marchent

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU