Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Flight Manuals Released! 05DEC10

I would love to have the Captains PAckage, but unfortunately I have to postpone iot due to finacial reasons. But it is on the List for 2011 :(

Can someone tell me if we receive the tracking number directly or if it is available in the order page ? I've never ordered through PMDG and as I've to be there to get the package, would be nice to know where I have to check for it once it is sent :)Thanks.

Aurelien,

Can someone tell me if we receive the tracking number directly or if it is available in the order page ?
In your order confirmation it states
NON-SOFTWARE PURCHASES:=======================PMDG GEAR & EXTRA'S ORDERS: You will receive an email confirming the shipping of your order if your item required shipping. (Download orders to not require shipping!) at the time the order ships.Your shipping confirmation email will contain tracking information.
Robert stated here that
(Oh- and any orders that get placed before 12N CDT Monday will ship either on Monday or Tuesday depending on the deliverable timeline for the QRHs...)
So shipping confirmations should be coming in the next 12-36 hours.Chris.

Hey GuysI'm very exited! I just ordered the Chief Pilot's set of NGX manuals and being the owner of a set of MD11 manuals as well, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. The quality is unbeleivable!I see a lot of guys complaining about the price of the NGX manuals, and yes it is a lot of money but remember that you will be one of only a few people in the world that will own an authentic set of NGX manuals and soon after you will also own the best NGX simulation ever! I think this is going to be a piece of aviation simulation history which is going to break a few records and I definately want to be part of it!I mean if it is price you complain about, try living in South Africa like I do, where the Rand/Dollar exchange rate is R6.92/$1.00! Add the shipping charges to the NGX package and you end up with a quick $424.39! That is ouch! Knowing PMDG and the quality of their products I can promise you it will be worth every cent!Work harder, maybe put in some overtime if you can and before you know it there is enough money to make it happen.Enjoy it! :(

I personally wasn't complaining about the price....if it's worth it then it's worth it.But, I'm not going to jump in heads first without testing the water.EDIT: OK, I was a bit :DChris Farrell

I'm very exited! I just ordered the Chief Pilot's set of NGX manuals and being the owner of a set of MD11 manuals as well, I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. The quality is unbeleivable!
I wholeheartedly agree... the MD11 manuals are incredible, well worth the cost. I've ordered the NGX Captain's set, I'm sure they will not disappoint. Will get the 747 and JS41 manuals at some point, just need to spread the cost out a little bit so the wife doesn't notice. :(

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

HelpI am trying to order a couple of the 737 NGX manuals. The QRH, training manual, and the schematics.However, when I sign in to my account, I go and select the manuals I would like. Once complete I see the items in my "cart". When I click on "checkout", I get a page that states "your cart is empty".When I click on "veiw cart", it shows all my manuals with a quantity of 1 each. I try the "checkout" again and get the same result.Any ideas?RegardsKevin GarnerOntario, Canada

but please do not insult me by using cheap marketing ploys such as sham discounts on the day they are released.
What sham discounts, what 'psychological' tricks? Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today? BTW, the discounts are for the set as opposed to buying manuals individually.

I don't know what's the point of reading manuals before the actual release.I think the price is a little high! Can we expect the 737 to be even more expensive?

I don't know what's the point of reading manuals before the actual release.I think the price is a little high! Can we expect the 737 to be even more expensive?
The only reason the sets are priced so high is because you are professionally printing 3000 pages. The individual manuals are much cheaper (but more expensive in the long run) at $40-60 each.

Eric Vander

Pilot and Controller Boston Virtual ATC

KATL - The plural form of cow.

KORD - Something you put in a power socket.

UNIT - Something of measure

My 747 Fuel Calculator

The individual manuals are much cheaper (but more expensive in the long run) at $40-60 each.
I think this is expensive!There will be a digital manual with the ngx, wouldn't it?

I'd really like to see the difference between the colour and the b/w versions of the QRH. Is the $60 additional cost worth?Packing and stuff looks nice from the photos, but at the end it's the inside that counts and $60 is quite significant (especially considering the increased shipping costs for people outside the US).Not asking much I think; just two scans of the same page (if possible).

You realize real pilots get their training materials months in advance of their actual class date right? There's a lot of studying that goes on before you ever set foot in a simulator or the real aircraft.The price is high relative to what exactly? These are the real life manuals, exactly what a pilot going for training on the aircraft would get - it's 3300 pages printed. There's just no way to reduce the cost any further on that much printing. No one's forcing you to buy these - they're totally an extra for people who really want to take the simulation of being a real pilot to the next level.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I think its TOTALLY worth it. Now currently I can not afford it, but none the less, the amount that is given they could charge 500 or more and have it still be under priced. This is the real deal, Authentic Boeing materal that is also related to their software all in one pachage, I mean its pretty much a privilege to even be able to own this kind of information. So, I say THANK YOU PMDG, for going a million miles beyond what any other addon company, have touched aponIf you really, REALLY take a look at the things, one will realize that this kind of thing doesn't EVER happen, and I cant express enough how grateful I am to PMDG and their staff all around the world.You make the world of flight simulation more real than I could have ever imagined, and for that I say:THANK YOU!!!!! Applause.gif

too easy to sell expensive books before offering a release date of the 737 NGX.First see and then buygiodoca