Sign in to follow this  
bojote

Alternative External FPS Limiter

My multi monitor setup is more than you think. There are a total of five monitors, three via a triple head to go on one video card and 2 more instrument panel monitors via another video card. I do the same thing as you with running all other applications on a second machine. When the limiter was loaded, I was trying FSINN on the FSX machine. FSINN took my FPS from 30 to 15. I installed the limiter and my FPS was back to 30, 30 being the set maximum. That was very impressive so I would like to have this limiter. I will try the sliders but this happens when I change from windowed to full screen. Do you run in full screen mode and how to did you set the FPS parameters?
Wow nice setup Brad. I do run in full screen mode and I set FPS to Unlimited in FSX and then set 30 FPS in the limiter and RenderAheadLimit=0, 2 was just too agressive and I experienced stuttering.

\Robert Hamlich/

I tried to use this FPS limiter, and placed the two files in the root folder, but then FSX won't open. I get the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close"Once I remove the d3d9.dll it is OK again and opens normally.Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?Thanks,Bill
I´m also experiencing the same problem and interested in understanding why FSX won´t run with the limiter installed.

Here's one workaround that seems to consistently work for me: I start FSX in full-screen mode, but if I have to drop into windowed for some action (like showing the EZCA studio, for example), I find I can hit alt-enter to go back into full screen, then ctl-alt-del and bring up the task manager. For some reason, once the task manager is invoked, the sim pops back into full-screen mode and all is well. I'm not sure of the mechanics of it, but this works for me until a better solution is found.
This is great, it actually works! Thank you!

Guest scottmm73
I´m also experiencing the same problem and interested in understanding why FSX won´t run with the limiter installed.
Both of you wouldn't happen to have DX10 enabled in FSX settings? This is just a guess.

Both of you wouldn't happen to have DX10 enabled in FSX settings? This is just a guess.
No, I have Winxp with DX9Bill

I tried to use this FPS limiter, and placed the two files in the root folder, but then FSX won't open. I get the "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close"Once I remove the d3d9.dll it is OK again and opens normally.Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?Thanks,Bill
Hey Guys,I'm from Brazil, sorry for my english...I had the same problem above... My FSX forces to close when I put the 2 files on the root directory...Hey Bojote... Can you help me ??? rsrsBest Regards,,Diogo

Dear all Just something to share or perhaps most of you already know!! I have been playing with the Alternative limiter in the attempt to get my sim experience as smooth as possible. I the process I found that certain aircraft require different frame setting in order for them to perform smoothly or as stutter free as possible. The same applies to the default aircraft within FSX. I have always been aware that some of the more complex aircraft have always required unlimited FPS while others perform smoother at 30FPS. For example some of the Carenado aircraft like 30FPS to be smooth, or relatively stutter free, while Captain Sim aircraft require unlimited or they stutter far more. Like wise the setting will vary according to the scenery being used. I tend to only use VFR scenery for the UK and Orbx, Australia and Canada with the various other more detailed scenery airports currently available, which go with them. So following having installed the limiter I have found the settings that work for me.I set the FPSlimit=30 RenderAheadLimit=4 I tried many various combinations with set sceneries and specific varied aircraft as my control. I set FSX to unlimited but only with certain aircraft – the more detailed airliners – and with some of the aircraft I set FSX to 34 FPS to I presume equal the render ahead limit!!!!! Don’t know the technical aspects of this as I am not computer advanced. With some of the aircraft they don’t like the 34FPS and I actually alter FSX to 30FPS. This is now below the external limiter, but it seems to work on my set up and gives a good result. I have many aircraft add-ons which like various settings. All I do know is it has the desired effect and can actually stop the micro stuttering when using the above sceneries. My PC is 12 months old and out of date but I have too much software and time put into it so I need to get the best from it and changing is not an option. So the point I make is alter the FPSlimit and the RenderAheadLimit then alter your settings within FSX itself with certain aircraft and certain sceneries. Perhaps you are all already doing this and I am only just catching up!!!! My PC set up and CFG Changes [JOBSCHEDULER]AffinityMask=14[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=30[Main]FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=.2[GRAPHICS]HIGHMEMFIX=1ALLOW_SHADER_30=1ForceFullScreenVSync=1ForceWindowedVSync=1 [TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=10LOD_RADIUS=4.500000MESH_COMPLEXITY=100MESH_RESOLUTION=25TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29AUTOGEN_DENSITY=1DETAIL_TEXTURE=1WATER_EFFECTS=4TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700 FSX GoldMSI X58 PRO-E Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz Samsung 1TB 32 Mb CacheNVidia 285 GTX 2Gb DDR3 Corsair 12Gb Tri Channel 1600MhzWin XP Professional 64 Bit 11.9 Gig ram Regards Stewart

Just a little question: I want to use this new limiter, but I´m also using the ENB series mod. Both use the d3d9.dll, but with different sizes. Am I right that if I use this limiter the ENB series won´t work anymore or is ther a way to incorpotare both into one dll?

Any news about this limiter... any plans to solve the black screen problem while switching fullscreen/windowed (Bill's advice actually works but I'd be nice the program would work without "extra steps"), any chance of using both Limiter and ENB series mod?

Is anyone using the other 2 values? The 2 other choices are 0 (to disable frames ahead) 1 (to flush the render queue when the frame is ready).
I'd like to know that too... any difference? What works better?

So is there a way to get FPS limiter working with ENB? This may have been asked previously but i dont have the time at the mo to read the whole topic.Tom
I´ve also asked so and I got back that it doesn´t work, cause they both use a dll which has the same name but different contend.

AFAIK someone is working on a solution for this but I haven´t heard anything about it till now.